The Power of “WHY”

There’s one question that alone has the power to transform your life and business, fuel you through any challenges, give you the drive and motivation to create results above and beyond what’s “average”, and empower you to become truly extraordinary…

It’s the simple, yet profound question of asking yourself:  WHY?

“Why am I here?”,  ”why am I on this planet?”, “why am I building a business?”, “why do I get up in the morning?”

Having a strong connection to your “why” will do more for your empowerment, motivation, results, and success than just about anything else.  It will inspire you to take action even when you don’t feel like it, it’ll give you the strength to move through challenging situations and emotions, it’ll fuel your passion and spark everything you create with the fire of enthusiasm…

And ultimately, it’ll help you find true fulfillment with your life and your business.  What more can you ask for? icon smile The Power of WHY

I made a video for you today where I share more about this important aspect of self-discovery, and what it means to live from the power of “why”… So click “play” now down below to watch it:

0 The Power of WHY

So… what’s your why?  PLEASE share it down below with us!  You’ll be helping to inspire and encourage other entrepreneurs out there to also clarify theirs! Thank you so much for spending time with me here today!  I appreciate you and all of the many gifts that you share!

Oh, and please share this post on Facebook and Twitter to help spread the word! Thank you!!

To the realization of your “why”,

sig The Power of WHY
  • more The Power of WHY

Debbie Wood July 6, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Katie! Great timing. Thanks for putting this video out. I agree, your why is your most important asset. Everything else will follow. Looking so forward to more good stuff in the weeks to come!

Beth Stowers July 6, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Awesome job on Cash In On You Katie!

Business-Building can be quite a process and your “Why” is what will help to see you through all the stepping stones, roadblocks (aka learning experiences), and successes you have while you are on your journey.

I like the idea of writing out a personal mission statement and posting that somewhere visible. :)

Thank you so much for your blog post!
Beth Stowers´s last blog post ..Social Media Is Alive (and Here to Stay)

Grace@esteemed girls July 6, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Hi Kate,
Thanks for the video and to hear your voice again.

My why, right now, I have many others is to help girls succeed, to encourage other women. I want to impact women all over the world, to show them that as women we have the unique gift to bring lasting prosperity and peace in this world. Women can change things from the grass roots going up.

We can be mentors to many many other girls in dire situations in different parts of the world. I do what I do knowing I am leaving a mark in this world in the life of women.

Thanks Kate and all the best,
Grace
Grace@esteemed girls´s last blog post ..Say it out loud Dads-Children love being praised-Aloud.

Physician Assistant July 6, 2011 at 12:23 pm

That was AWESOME! I am a firm believer the the power of WHY! I have to revisit my WHY today! Thanks for sharing.

kim July 6, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Hi Kate
I like you very much. You are just great.
i am here in this world to share love for everyone. To try to accept your neighbour to life in freedom – to be nice to everyone, treat everyone as you wanted to get treated.
Love is free and its the best thing in the world. to practice every day is the best way
to get more love and to pray too.
we just forget it sometimes. if someone hurts you just forgive him then everyone makes faults in this live.
Try to relax with REIKI. This is not a religion and you can practice energy,love, freedom, happyness. This Reiki-Music is for everyone.Just buy a Reiki-Book to learn to practise for yourself. its very easy and fun. you can do it every day.
Love from Kim

Diego Ortiz July 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Hey there Katie, thanks you for this post. I gotta tell you for me my WHY is more of a calling. Ever since i can remember ive had this motivating feeling that i had to help the world. I love people and i love helping as much as possible. My WHY, my purpose is to see those who want my help get my help. Its an amazing feeling to see the face of a person when they say that you have changed the world for them. That is my passion and my purpose.
Diego Ortiz´s last blog post ..Dont Worry Be Happy – HOW TO: Be Happy Now!

Ryan K July 6, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Dang Katie!~

I really wish I could finally get a grip on this aspect of life. There have been several times in my life where I thought I really knew, but finances got in the way or other life roadblocks that halted or detoured my mission and eventually it basically gets forgotten – like it was another life or something…

It really does seem that our lives can run in parallel universes, where every decision we make creates a new dimension. These possibilities with each decision that we choose during each split second of thought brings us to where we are and much of the time it is to a place we wish we were not.

I pray daily that I will be directed to my life purpose. That it will be revealed to me – even if it isn’t what I thought, I want to know clearly and plainly what that is.

Thank you for you help and inspiration.

I look forward to our continued journey here on earth and beyond!

Ryan K
Ryan K´s last blog post ..Knowing Where To Advertise On The Radio

Sebastian July 6, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I feel you Ryan. Good luck and never give up! ;)

Dana Houser July 6, 2011 at 12:44 pm

My why… to help people realize they don’t have to live a “settled for” life. Also, to encourage and inspire them to go out, create & live the lifestyle they dream about living.

-Dana

Gordon Hall July 6, 2011 at 12:49 pm

My “Why?” is because of what I have learned from Dr. Myron Wentz and Dr. Ray Strand about the value of “high-quality” nutritional supplements. The right supplements can change our lives dramatically and I want to share this life saving information with everyone.

Sebastian July 6, 2011 at 12:57 pm

How did you develop your mission statement of helping millions of people wake up to unconditional love, live to their true potential, etc.?

I’m feeling that depressive, frustrating feeling from not having a clear idea on my Why. I’ve listened to many influencing leaders like Michael Gerber who speak about the entrepreneurs vision and it being an impersonal one and of contribution. When I hear him, or you, or other teachers speak of this I resonate with it intensely. Even Shia LaBeouf expressed this in his role in Transformers 3. “I just want to matter!”

However, I don’t have a clear idea, vision or dream of this “Why”. I get glimpses, and feelings at times, but haven’t been able to express it clearly in words yet…

All I know is that I have way to much desire to make an impact with my life to live stuck in the day to day grind. So, my search continues…

Thank you for the inspiration Katie. :)

Chuck July 6, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Sebastian,
I don’t know if this will work for you, but it works for me. When I have questions about my various “whys” I know that the answers will come from deep in my being, but I must shut out the material world first. For me this is finding a quiet private spot every day to shout out the material wold and just listen carefully to what my inner self is trying to tell me. I ask my questions and just allow silence in this time. It takes time to learn this if you don’t already know how. This may be considered a type of meditation since you also have to quiet the thoughts motivated by doubts and insecurities. I think your answers are very unlikely to come to you via others and teachers and books etc., they can help but not give answers true to who you actually are.

Hope this helps, wishing you peace and fulfillment, my friend…….Chuck

Petter Zugaib July 6, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I`ve been watching your videos and I have really enjoyed them!
Well, my “why” is to expand my possibilities. Thinking in an Unlimited way.
Thank you for such inspiring words.
Take care!
Petter

Renee Mack July 6, 2011 at 1:21 pm

What is my WHY? Ahh! Love to share God’s unconditional love in different ways. E.g. Listening, encouraging, edifying, empathizing with their emotional needs at the time. And when caught up in day-to-day tasks, keeping the focus on Jesus and how Jesus revealed himself to me several times through my 62 yr. life to let me know that He is always with me, sustaining me through His strength (Can’t do it on my own strength, e.g. depressions, ugh, and worst stuff). He healed me and let me know that He is my healer and strength. Since then, I share my testimonies of His love. And how “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everylasting life.” John 3:16.

Terry July 6, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Great video!

One of my favorite quotes is:

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us,” by Emerson.

Richard W. Darnell July 6, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Why am I here? God has given us this earthly life in order to establish an intimate personal relationship with Christ Jesus – so that, we can then do the good works God prepared for us to do before we were in Christ. This is true unconditional love.

Why am I in business? I am an entrepreneur because being an employee never satisfied me. True freedom in life is defined by the ease of doing what you want (or need to do) when you want (or need) to do it. This goes beyond the typical “financial freedom” we hear so much about.

Keep up the great work. God bless you, Richard

olama alex July 6, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Am really very much pleased with the business and need to know my why?
thanks.

Paul Reimers July 6, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Thanks for the great post and video Katie,

I totally agree, getting to the core of your why that is based on contribution is powerful for two reasons: It gives us extra energy and drive to get to our goal and since the mind is always filtering and choosing what to pay attention to, by having a powerful focus we will notice more of what is in alignment and the mind will delete what isn’t relevant to it.

My why is Freedom. I do what I do to create freedom in my life and help others to gain that freedom as well. So many people are really struggling now and finding out the ways are attainable for the average person and coaching them to get this freedom is the core of what I do.
Paul Reimers´s last blog post ..Financial Independence – What is Your Financial Freedom Number?

Ragnar Crowley July 6, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Another great post Katie! Thanks for the reminder to reconnect to my “why”. Also thank you for sharing your WHY… it is well thought out and well worded.

Here is mine: To help others build personal and financial success and the freedom to live the life of their dreams. To help others realize their greater potential while living my best example to the world. Fairly simple for now…

Everyone from world leaders and large organizations to small business owners can inspire people and lead them with a powerful WHY. People will follow your WHY because they believe in it and because they want to, not because they are manipulated into it. HOW or WHAT are small cookies compared to WHY. When we find a powerful WHY, we will not only be able to inspire others, but we will have a driving reason to continue through the inevitable ups and downs. If your WHY is about more than just yourself and about something with deep personal meaning to you, it will find traction and gain momentum in the lives of others.

I think we are always in a continual process of growth and transformation and as such, our mission, or our “why” will continue to grow and change along the way. I am always trying to clarify and put into better words my own personal and my business WHY.

Tim July 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Very inspiring video of connecting with your “Why” It sure keeps me focused on my business and ministry
I love your why. Helping people wake up every day to unconditional love. That also is a reminder that we can all wake up every day to the unconditional love of our Heavenly Father.
Romans 5:8
But God showed how much he loved us by having Christ die for us, even though we were sinful.

Roxsena Charise July 6, 2011 at 2:54 pm

My why is to teach people to discover wellness as a way of life. Thank you Katie!

John W. July 6, 2011 at 3:53 pm

To begin looking at what my personal why is in my life, I get a clear image of every person who is close to my heart. And that leads to so many possibilities to grow my why.

Shaqir Hussyin July 6, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Awesome post Katie ;-)

really hit home.
thanks. alot.
Shaqir
Shaqir Hussyin´s last blog post ..12 Key Tips For Your Biz AKA “The Most Awesome Email Ever”

Derek Perkins July 6, 2011 at 4:47 pm

thanks for the email your video was good and my why is to change my life the way im living

Jacquelyn Astwood July 6, 2011 at 4:50 pm

My “why” is the fact that I would like to make a difference in someone else’s life, to help them to come up from nothing, to help them to succeed and to always reach higher and higher. I’d like to know that I left my mark on the world and I did something good for someone else. Also, one of my biggest why’s is so that my parents can live a more comfortable life because they did their best for me and I’d like to do the same for them.

Denys July 6, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Your videos are always refreshing, energising, and encouraging.

I think that the question why is especially important to recall when we are going through difficult times. And it is my conclusion that making lots of money is not a good enough reason ‘why?’.

If we fail to achieve financial targets that could be sufficient reason to give up our venture. But if our reason ‘why?’ is to provide a service that helps people, then the finances will take care of themselves. Too often people will give up a job or project just when they are on the verge of a breakthrough. For that reason our ‘why’ needs to be reinforced with ‘how?’, ie. how can I offer better service.

People who truly care about those they serve will always be in demand and valued. Consequently, when the service we offer is valued, then people will be more focused on what is being offered than on how much it costs.

Every day I spend time asking how I can improve the service I offer. The answer to this question is rooted in why I choose to serve in this way at all.

My own skill set and services are aimed at helping people achieve greater self-confidence, self-esteem, and self-acceptance. By doing so, I help them walk confidently into their destiny. However, as well as asking myself ‘why’ I also ask pospects what they are looking for. By doing so I am monitoring the effectiveness of what I am doing and what I have to offer, and as long as I do that, then I know I shall be meeting them at their point of need.

Be encouraged.

Denys

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah July 6, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Don’t ask me why do i like all your videos, cause why is never in my mind !!…..Oh….No !…Why is always there after one to another….Thanks so much as always, Katie….:-)

Jm James July 6, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I love ur teaching on what u tittle Why… it is a reality. the bible said that there is always reason for every thing in our life and that is WHY. it is a sweet topics to here. peace.. dear Katie..

Richard July 6, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Hello Katie, thanks for your very inspiring words. My “why” is to educate and awaken humanity to what may be coming in the next couple years. The information I have is not “popular” because no one likes bad news. But if you begin looking around at what is happening on this planet right now there are warning signs. Hundreds of thousands of fish and birds dying around the world. Island countries are sinking and dealing with massive flooding. The government is moving much of it’s head quarters, libraries and research facilities to locations away from the coast. Northern cities that ALWAYS see the sun return on a certain day seeing it days early.. These are only a few examples. Always follow your why and create love on this planet, but do some research yourself and you will learn you must also prepare for what is coming. Peace…

Darek July 6, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Thanks for sharing.
“Why” can really help us find true fulfillment with ours lifes
Darek´s last blog post ..Jak dodać napisy do filmów na YouTube?

Sonia July 6, 2011 at 11:01 pm

This one word “Why” is like an entire textbook with many topics, yet they all focus on the main Title of the texbook. “The power of why” Such a concept!!! Thanks for reminding me relating to my “Why’s” You did it again, by just reconnecting me to the reason/reasons Why I am doing what I’m doing. I feel empowered and self-motivated today. Thanks for your profound thoughts and concepts.
Sonia´s last blog post ..How to Increase Your Wealth By Integrating Personal Development and Entrepreneurial Mindset

John Curran July 7, 2011 at 12:58 am

The power of WHY is so critical to our success. Thanks for sharing Katie!
Love & Light,

John
John Curran´s last blog post ..Why is social media important to my business?

Norma Miller July 7, 2011 at 8:33 am

I was able to listen to your video today. I have revised my mission statement.
I am here to inspire and empower as many people as possible to live the life of their dreams. To awaken them to the strengths and talents they already possess to be successful. To make them aware of the community out there that is giveing unconditional love on a daily basis. I would like to share any experience and knowledge that I have to assist them in living successful and fullfiled lives.

I have a really big family Y and am not sure about sharing it publically. I would like to share it with CIOY. I have a teenage nephew that has cerebral palsey. He is one of 4 children my sister has. He is wheelchair bound and will never have trunk control. Will never walk or be able to clean and dress himself or prepare food for himself. My sister will be 60 12/2012. She is divorced and the ex is unemployed.
My big Y is to get a trust fund for my nephew so he will be taken care of when my sister can no longer do this. I also want to help my sister money wise to help with the financial burdens she has. My personal Y is to get back to Mass where my family is. When I get discouraged, I just look at my affirmation board and keep on going.

Tony Crane July 7, 2011 at 8:50 am

Hey Katie:

First of all, congrats to u on your successful first week teaching many thousands of new students in the Cash in On You Program. I’m not disappointed that I didn’t make it in but I’m happy for those students who did!

Second, I agree 100 percent with you! The power of WHY is so essential not only in building a business but also in my case..everyday life too! I guess my why is helping at least one person embrace living in oneness and awakening consciousness within them! Good first start, right? When I have time to settle down a little, I can dig down within myself and find more.

Thanks again for the video Katie! Much love and lots of light,

Tony

Leah July 7, 2011 at 10:58 am

Thank you for sharing this blog video. I have been working on and aware of “defining your why” as a tool for a couple of years now. And have done it on a certain level, but can never seem to really “GET IT” enough where I am fueled by it. I was wondering if you had any books to recommend or exercises to help really get clear on how to define your “why”.

Thank you.

Leah

Michael July 8, 2011 at 8:42 am

My Why is to generate as much LOVE as possible and to HELP people NOT FAIL at e-business…

A little weird, but my last post on Wednesday 6th, was about WHY e-businesses fail and the download file, I named Why.zip How strange is that? Maybe we were both wondering WHY, but on a different level!

The video is guaranteed to make you laugh lol…. No More Weeeeeee SPLAT! Thinking.

NO! LEMMINGS | CAN’T FAIL e-BUSINESS

Darren Spruyt July 8, 2011 at 8:54 am

Great question! Most people never really find a why that drives them in life both day and night and I think it’s a very important question we should always be asking ourselves as our “whys” tend to change at different stages of our lives.

I must mention that this was a question I was seeking for several years until I managed to find it. My why is to inspire and motivate people in life – I want to be a motivational speaker and I believe that if we are able to just shift our mindsets, our life would change for the better.

It is definitely not an easy question to answer, but once you are able to find it – It unlocks a hidden power that causes you to drive no matter. Thanks for this lovely post Katie! :)

Regards,
Darren Spruyt
Darren Spruyt´s last blog post ..Irresistible Info Marketing Blueprint – Informationblueprint.com

Jennifer Valencia July 8, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I love thinking of my WHY & the reasons I do things. Really I try to live by the motto “Blessed to be a blessing”…thus my b2bab blog name. :) I like the spin you took with it…that all the dreams, etc for me are surface. Going deep, I started realizing I didn’t have my WHY completely nailed yet. Thanks for the video & challenge of truly figuring out my WHY. :)
Jennifer Valencia´s last blog post ..Hide and seek or peek-a-boo, anyone??

Dave Beck July 9, 2011 at 9:09 am

I am glad I read your blog post and watched your video. I really needed to hear this cause sometimes when you get doing things you loose track on the “WHY” and you made me remember. Thank You KATIE!

Dave Beck
Dave Beck´s last blog post ..Tribal Syndication Domination Review – Can It Really Help You Get More Traffic, Leads, And Sales?

Saqib Khan July 11, 2011 at 11:05 am

Hey Katie I hope you are doing great! :-)

Thanks a lot for this video. The question of ‘why’ is something that many people either do not have answers to, or have very simple answers to. Your why needs to be bigger then just yourself. My why is to not only help myself, but also help people all over the world in helping themselves to succeed. I have the passion to work and give back/help my family and community. :-)

Thanks again and all the best girl.

Keep rocking!!!
Saqib Khan´s last blog post ..Get Paid For Leads And Start To Succeed

Jared Knowlton July 11, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Dear Katie,

You have continued to inspire me. Why I do what I do, is as simple as this quote:

“We are only given so long. So what you choose to do on this world. Make sure at the end you would be proud of it.”

Keep on the inspiring work you do, with peace…

A Fellow Entrepreneur,
-Jared Knowlton

John T July 12, 2011 at 3:13 am

Yes, I do agree the creation the question of WHY makes us think so much and also they have the different meanings with different thoughts happening to every for their WHY
This video seems to give us a the POWER OF WHY.
John T´s last blog post ..Agua de alpiste.

how to windows July 12, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I love your unique combination of motivational/self-help style and practical business knowledge! Keep it up!
how to windows´s last blog post ..Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Point in Time

Antoinette Cabral July 18, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I am here to help women heal their relationship to their bodies and their true sensual nature.
I am here to empower women to heal their relationships with men.
I am here to help men and women have healthy, sexy and empowered relationships.
I am here to bring joy, pleasure, bliss in relationships!

Thank you Katie! I know why I am here, and it’s a joy to write it on your blog beautiful and inspiring Goddess!

Brock Blohm July 22, 2011 at 10:04 am

Absolutely!
‘WHY’ is the deepest question that we can ask about ourselves in any situation.
Once we determine the ‘why’ then, and only then, can we truly begin the journey down the avenue that we wish to go down…

Barbara Diane July 22, 2011 at 8:47 pm

thanks so much for your wisdom!! you are a blessing :)

Luis July 24, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Hi Katie! Thanks for your post… been following you for a while now. Hopo te meet you soon.

Jacquelyn Astwood July 31, 2011 at 9:18 am

I don’t think you can make it in this business if you don’t have a Why. My Why is what keeps me going and determined to succeed in all my endeavors. You are awesome Kate and any information you share is not only valuable, it’s invaluable!

Check out my my blog on Vacationing in the Bahamas http://tinyurl.com/3rctlfq, I hope it helps anyone who reads it.

Sean Gardner August 2, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Great post Katie. “Why” is one of the question we don’t ask enough. Great perspective.

kuldeep August 9, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Like your post , and very useful info

“why” have real potential :)
I am not geek but few words for this post
always ask your self–

why ?
Why not ?
Why Not Me ?
Why Not Now ?

Michelle Bennett August 15, 2011 at 11:40 pm

I have learnt so much since having my children. I have three beautiful children ages 16,15 and 10. I have had alot of speed humps as a mother trying to keep them on the safe road. Unfortunately they have to learn and live. You can not wrap them up in cotton wool otherwise they do not learn who they are. My biggest reason to earn more income so I can give them a great education. My eldest is going to Boarding school and loving it. He loves the Networking he has made and hanging around positive people. My second daughter now has observed his growing and wants to go as well. For me it has been life changing seeing them live oustide the square and have great rapport with other cultures and diverstity.

Zsa Zsa September 8, 2011 at 2:15 am

Hi Katie! Thanks for reminding us about the importance of Why.Looking forward to more videos from you!