2 Tips To Unblock Your Energy For Increased Clarity And Creativity

Do you ever have those days where you feel like your energy is stuck? Where you feel like you’re blocked up inside and can’t really be as creative or productive as you know you have the potential to be? Well, I was feeling that way recently… And fortunately for me, one of my good friends, colleagues, and now mentors, Marie Forleo, gave me some priceless tips to help ‘unblock’ my energy.

Marie is a internet marketing rock star and I’m so grateful to have her in my life! She taught me a couple tips that I really wanted to pass and share with all of you here today… They will ABSOLUTELY help you to become more of a clear channel for productivity, creativity, and massive success!

Click ‘Play’ on the video below to hear more:

So yes…

1. Take as little time as possible between knowing your truth and acting on it.

2. Touch it once! Have a bill to pay, a dish to clean, an email to respond to? Practice the ‘touch it once’ principle and banish procrastination for good!

I’d love to get your feedback!

Share with me down below your comments, questions, or additions to the conversation here! And help spread this empowering message by sharing this post with your friends on Twitter, Facebook, and others…

You’re all awesome and I appreciate this community immensely! Oh, and don’t forget to check out Marie Forleo and start following her at:

She specializes in coaching and helping women, so ladies… She’s a must follow!   icon wink 2 Tips To Unblock Your Energy For Increased Clarity And Creativity

Talk to you all soon!

To Your Unlimited Success,

AD7284B544DA527F4F71B7C89166F25F 2 Tips To Unblock Your Energy For Increased Clarity And Creativity

• more 2 Tips To Unblock Your Energy For Increased Clarity And Creativity

Eric Goldstein January 29, 2010 at 8:30 am

Super great post Katie!

You ALWAYS deliver massive value.
Your tips here are right on. When
we unblock the things we are ‘stuck’
on… we allow the energy to continue
to flow.

Touch it once… LOVE IT!
.-= Eric Goldstein´s last blog ..Is Your Workspace Comfortable? If Not, WHY? =-.

Debbie Wood January 29, 2010 at 8:37 am

Katie! Love this. Touch it once. Boy do I need to learn that lesson. This is something that I need to learn SOOOO bad.

I do believe that the first spark in your heart is the decision that you should come back to always. I try to talk myself into the fact that if I think about it long enough my mind will change.

I also have some decisions to make and thanks to this post, I will make them immediately.

I’m going to check out Marie TODAY also. She sounds amazing. Thanks for the great advise, as always!
.-= Debbie Wood´s last blog ..Thoughts on The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch =-.

Miguel Leal (cowboy) January 29, 2010 at 8:44 am

Hi Katie:

Powerful powerful stuff thank you
I´m putting it to work right now!!!
.-= Miguel Leal (cowboy)´s last blog ..5 Puntos Para Realmente Alcanzar Tu Independecia Economica =-.

Ken Pickard January 29, 2010 at 8:53 am

Right on the money! This principle of
“Touch it once” has really help me to
stay focus, be in the moment, and get
this done faster.

If we allow ourselves to look at all
the things we need do before we take
action on any of them, then we bogging
our mind down and will not get anything
done.

This is a great exercise in being productve
and freeing yourself from stress.

Ken Pickard
The Network Dad
.-= Ken Pickard´s last blog ..The Aftermath of #TribeTuesday =-.

Charlene Herman January 29, 2010 at 8:57 am

Katie, you always give great information and value to all of us. Thank you for sharing this tidbit today. It really hit home with me.

Therese Miu January 29, 2010 at 9:08 am

That was a great technique she taught you Katie. Overall when you eliminate limiting patterns, beliefs, or blockage You are More Connected to your vibrant, energetic, and empowered selves. Much like the Touch at Once. Only when you are 100% complete
With a project or task should you then move on to the next task. I myself struggle with this.

So I will make sure to deeply engrain all the teachings you provided today.

It brought clarity, peace, and freedom within my mind. Because in essence when you clear one area of your Life, improving ONE will definitely strengthen them ALL. Thanks for the tip!

Yours in Creativity and Loving Kindness,
Therese Miu
.-= Therese Miu´s last blog ..Job Career or Mission =-.

Thérèse Cator January 29, 2010 at 9:24 am

Hey Katie:

Wonderful video!

I’ve been using T.I.O for a few years now
it makes a tremendous difference in
every area of my life. If I find myself
resisting I know that it’s really something
I must do.

You’re so right,
unblocking energy is KEY to manifesting
our dreams and highest intentions.
Other ways I unblock my energy is
dancing, spending a little time
each day organizing & healing
baths to name a few.

I will definitely check out Maria. I love
connecting with other female
entrepreneurs. Thank you for
sharing this awesome video!

Have a beautiful weekend,
Thérèse
.-= Thérèse Cator´s last blog ..HAITI: 10 Creative Ways To Give =-.

Christiane January 29, 2010 at 9:47 am

Hi Katie, that was a great suggestion, thank you so much, I checked through her page and loved it

Chris from Spain

Interested in Personal Development http://www.webcoach.lifepathunlimited.com

Want to travel and make money at the same time?

Ulf Anders Hed January 29, 2010 at 9:57 am

; ¤ )

Skye King January 29, 2010 at 9:59 am

Wow Katie,
Your energy is awesome! It’s so great when we call people into our lives to share in our journey and receive guidance and support.
The TIO I implemented last year, speedy! Loved the immediate results and how much more time it actually created for me, also giving my energy body a clearer space to work in.
I’m inspired by your enthusiasm for the great shifts that are about to come.
-Blessings,
Skye
.-= Skye King´s last blog ..David Schwind & Skye King | CopyWriting =-.

Christopher Landgraf January 29, 2010 at 10:10 am

Awesome screen presence Katie, I just want to say thank you for sharing. Keep up the good work,stay creative and have a great day.

Jaime Tagle January 29, 2010 at 10:38 am

Great video Katie!
.-= Jaime Tagle´s last blog ..Programas de Afiliados: ¿Qué son y cómo se gana dinero? =-.

James Humphrey January 29, 2010 at 10:40 am

That was awesome! Great tips on the Touch it Once method. I could not agree more and what an amazing tip that everyone can use. Love the Bill analogy too.

Great job as always Katie.

Rick Spyder January 29, 2010 at 11:05 am

Again, katie
Great ideas.
You speak from the heart as you go on your own journey,
and share What you learn with friends
What more is there to life.
I recommended your teachings to a resource manager
At a Toronto Public system and she is Trilled with the
new horizons that they see. Truly opening doors for others.
Bless you.

Rick Spyder January 29, 2010 at 11:06 am

Sorry Captial K on Katie

Rick Spyder January 29, 2010 at 11:07 am

Sorry, last post . . . Captital “K” on Katie.

Tatyana Gann January 29, 2010 at 11:19 am

Loved this video. I agree 100%… Take action. When we act from the truth that is inside our desire and intention is aligned and we can manifest things much faster!

Love touch it once method.. Waiting has domino effect on our life!

Tatyana
.-= Tatyana Gann´s last blog ..My “Mad” Story: Speaking foreign language is not always in the conversation =-.

Lisa Arnold January 29, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Great post today Katie!! You are so inspiring! Thank you so much!

Holly Fulford-Jeffrey January 29, 2010 at 12:32 pm

WOW, Katie, Great post. I Love the idea of shortening the time between knowing one’s truth and acting on it. It can be tough sometimes when the head says one thing and the heart the other but as we get more used to it, it becomes easier and much more rewarding. TIO nice insite about draining us when we keep touching!

.-= Holly Fulford-Jeffrey´s last blog ..Becoming more aware. =-.

Derran Cannon January 29, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Thanks for putting this video together. The concept, “when you know the truth act on it” is something I have been trying to apply in my life over the past 5 years. It is not the easiest thing to do but it sure does help. Thanks again

Francesco January 29, 2010 at 12:38 pm

This is true!

Damon Jennings January 29, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Great post Katie, About couple of years ago I discovered the power of one of these strategies. I had some money that I was holding on too and something that needed to be paid. I put my faith in GOD and decided to spend it all. In less than a day I had the money back plus more…

Everyone Keep Your Heads Up And Don’t Get Fed Up

To your success,

Damon Jennings
.-= Damon Jennings´s last blog ..Are you ready for Paradise in Caymans? =-.

Marie January 29, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Katie!

I’m so honored and appreciative of this post . . .and more importantly, the incredible joy and adventure of working with you and our RHH gals for the year.

I’ve learned so much from YOU already (your badass and uber helpful tips when I was getting my new site/blog up :) I’m beyond thrilled for the fun, the journey and to continue to learn together. Here’s to an incredible 2010 for us all. xoxoxoxoo M

Katie Freiling January 30, 2010 at 10:38 am

Amen sister!

Diyana Alcheva -- DiDi January 29, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Great video and advice Kaitie,

Your email was pretty much the first one I opened up today, and I felt I had to watch your video, because my intuition was telling me you will share something that will be a great up-lifter for me today, and sure it was.

I am going through a period of hard decision making and you addressed that very well…My intention is to follow your advice, although I think I am going to start with number to because even though still something that I have to get in the habit of doing just like you shared, it’s the easier of the two exercises.

I believe that applying the TIE today will clear up my mind, and energy and allow me to be able to better make decisions as I move forward in my business and in my life. Thanks for the video, again!

Partners in Progress,
DiDi Alcheva
.-= Diyana Alcheva — DiDi´s last blog ..Mike Klingler on "What’s Happening with The Global Entrepreneurial Movement?" =-.

Katie Freiling January 30, 2010 at 10:37 am

Hi Diyana, so great to hear that! And you are so welcome!! Keep me updated with your situation… Would love to hear how everything turns out! :)

Jessica Ojeda January 29, 2010 at 1:37 pm

I love living by the “touch it once” rule! It helps me get so much more work done and much less off my mind! For me the worst thing about having to do something is remembering that I have to do it.
.-= Jessica Ojeda´s last blog ..It’s All Coming Back to Me Now by Celine Dion [Video] =-.

Sarah Morgera January 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm

Guilt pouring! lol.
Not a huge or long term procrastinator but yes to end it today will bring me relief. We need to make sure we are not our own worst enemy!
Thanks!

Rose Goddess January 29, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Thanks for recommending her Katie! I just checked out her site and she is my kind of woman!! She knows the power of juicy pleasure and fun and it’s connection to success!

Suzanne January 29, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Katie!

I love it! What a great post. The touch it once principle has been paying off for me lately in a huge way. In that, I find the universe is providing so many wonderful opportunities now that I have made the commitment to take action, right away and follow my heart.

I used to be a big procrastinator myself and have opened many emails in the past, thinking ok I will respond later.

Now I have more productive habits…
Wow! Thanks for sharing what you have learned and providing powerful information that does get RESULTS when action is taken!

With love,
Sue
.-= Suzanne´s last blog ..In appreciation for Daniel Vitalis, Kevin and Annmarie Gianni, Katie Freiling, and Craig Allen =-.

Billee Brady January 29, 2010 at 4:41 pm

I just wanted to say great advice because i was just going through what you are speaking of in this video so i am going to start using the touch it once practice starting from today.

I also would like to ask you a question about your blog –

How do you get that good looking opt in box at the top or in the sidebar?

My blog is very new and i am still trying to learn my way around wordpress could you have a quick look for me and maybe give me some advice on where i could learn more about wordpress blogs? Like where did you learn WP?

Here’s my site – http://dreamstylevacationsclubreview.com

I would appreciate your advice….

Thanks for your time…

Billee Brady
.-= Billee Brady´s last blog ..Why Join Dream Style Vacations? =-.

Katie Freiling January 30, 2010 at 10:34 am

Hi Billee, that’s something you’ll want to outsource to a designer/programmer. You can find one on http://www.elance.com or http://www.odesk.com :) It shouldn’t cost more than $40 or so… Great to meet you!

Kennon Fort January 29, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Hey Katie! Thank you for sharing. That’s a pleasant reminder for folks to overcome Internet Marketer’s A.D.D. It is So important to Know Your Truth and Take Action on it… We should all be regularly revising goals and realizing the high importance of knowing truth, especially identifying our own values to define our goals just as a hand fits in a glove.

ulla January 30, 2010 at 3:13 am

HI Kate,

Yet again perfect timing! I just needed to hear you video TODAY! I made my decision today and not sure if its right now your video confirmed my decision! yeap got to start dealing with things right away!

So simple and yet very effective!

Once again thanks so much!!

Reinhard January 30, 2010 at 3:29 am

Thank you Katie – wonderful and strong hints.

Reinhard

Joe Rollin January 30, 2010 at 4:23 am

Wow Katie thanks for the great wakeup one, of my greatest faults would be procrastination “why do it today theres always tomorrow” and tomorrow comes and it still does not get done.
So my goal here is to adhere to the T.I.O. TODAY or tomrrow(just joking). Its also so nice that you share other peoples insight into life and buisness. I checked Maries site out even though she is more focused on woman theres a lot of valuable imformation that anyone can take away Thanks again

jordan January 30, 2010 at 10:39 am

Wow! Taking immediate action on inspired decisions, develops our deep innate connection between our beliefs about what we want and the manifestations of our desires. Taking action now transforms heavy feelings of attracting lack into positive expectations, attracting our desire. Realizing the joy of our accomplishment inspires our thoughts toward even better feeling possibilities! Closing the distance between our desires and beliefs allows our passion to inspire actions for our greatest happiness. Thank you for this powerful realization Katie! Even if you cannot finish your inspired objective completely, taking immediate action on any inspired thought from emotional guidance, is the magic that makes possitive expectations our reality.

Teya January 30, 2010 at 11:10 am

Katie! I always enjoying watching and reading your information. Sooo can relate to this!! As Im sure we all can in out culture! Thank you!!

Ryan Yokome January 30, 2010 at 11:55 am

Great post Katie!

Thanks for sharing the video. There is now better time than now to take action! Thanks for sharing the positive energy my way. ;)
.-= Ryan Yokome´s last blog ..How Your Prospects Speak To You Without Words =-.

Dale Holmes January 30, 2010 at 1:06 pm

KT,

I was playing around with these two life empowerment principles that you wrote,

1. Take as little time as possible between knowing your truth and acting on it.

2. Touch it once! (I find “Touch it only once” more cogent.)

and it occurred to me that they could be construed to be pretty much the same principle because if we let our truth be personal empowerment, what else can we reasonably do when a challenge arises, but touch it only once?

Maybe this is just some kind pseudo-logic wordplay that my mind is fond of…..

But wait! Am I having a “Aha!” moment?

Why yes, I believe I am!

The Tibetan Dzogchen masters say, (and I believe miscieviously enjoy saying because who doesn’t enjoy the sport of poking holes in the inflated pomposity of ego?)that “there is no one having this experience, there is only this experience.”

Ok, so that would mean that there is, for example, no one to prograstinate, there is only prostination. Hmmm…?

So then maybe conversely , a la Jesus, the truth that we are in fact empowerment itself is the truth that sets us free.

Wow! Thanks, for supplying a stimulating forum, Katie, because now if I meet the Buddha on the road I won’t have to kill him,
I can just buy him a beer!

Dale

P.S. So in a world of only verbs and gerunds with no personal pronouns, I guess there is little choice but to get use to feeling at home with our journey being our destination. But then that would mean that we never really left home in the first place.

“Bartender, make that two beers, one for me and one for my new best friend. Hey wait, where’d he go? Here was here just a minute ago!

P.P.S. Monte resigned?!

Darlene Davis January 31, 2010 at 10:42 am

The “Touch It Once” concept is powerful and I can see how it will free up your energy to move forward.

Acting on your truth right away is a tough one for me. I tend to ponder difficult decisions for a very long time. But perhaps it is time to rethink that strategy and move forward a lot sooner.

You look really happy, Katie! You are truly a “Shining” example of moving forward.
.-= Darlene Davis´s last blog ..Notes From A Kindle Junkie – Part I =-.

Maren Kate January 31, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Wow great post, this came at the right time for me I am really taking off with my blog & trying to juggle to start ups at the same time so this helps immensely!

Thanks!
.-= Maren Kate´s last blog ..How Can I Get Money to Start My Own Business p.1 =-.

Ian Brown January 31, 2010 at 5:33 pm

You know, I was aware of the “Touch it once” principle, but I have not been practicing it as I should. It is true, following the principle really helps to keep your list of things to do as short as possible and to get things done more quickly.

Don’t look at the list and do the easy ones, do them in order of priority and as you say, as new things come up and you look at them, get them done there and then. Many things should not go on a list.

Thinking about it, I agree, putting things off only serves to zap our energy and bog us down, reducing our productivity.

Thanks for the timely reminder.
.-= Ian Brown´s last blog ..Social Media – The Ship is Sailing… =-.

mensuper February 1, 2010 at 2:59 am

hello, i just wanna now, what is the typography of your banner “Integrating Personal Development With Online Marketing” (I’m a typography student) Thanks

Katie Freiling February 2, 2010 at 4:15 pm

Haha, not sure! Had a designer do it! :)

Damayanthi February 1, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Two great strategies. I have to admit that I will have to work on them asap. I know the truth is I am wasting enormous amount of time because of not touching things ones and procrastinating on taking action.
Now I understand I am not only wasting my time, but draining my energy as well.

Thanks for sharing.

.-= Damayanthi´s last blog ..My “Yoga” Experience So Far… =-.

samuel mowe February 2, 2010 at 8:08 am

hi great stuff its good to that we have the same goals from samuel mowe! see you on facebook!

Sheri Helvey February 2, 2010 at 9:25 am

Thank you so much for the video…I have been practicing the ‘Touch It Once” principle and can’t believe what a difference it has made for me…sometimes when I start to think I can do “that” later, I just say “touch it once, Sheri”, I do it, and it’s done and off my mind. I didn’t realize how much “stuff” I had on my mind and how much energy was being drained! :) As always, you provide so much value!
.-= Sheri Helvey´s last blog ..What Are You Doing To Be Of Service Today? Will You Be a “Johnny”? =-.

Braudis February 2, 2010 at 9:31 am

Great advice Katie. My situation was very similar. Your post helped tremendously. I knew the method but hadn’t taken action. Knowing and doing and be miles apart sometimes! Thanks.

Kitara Wilson February 2, 2010 at 10:39 am

Great post Katie! Timely information for where I am in my life right now. I admit that I too am a procrastinator so I will be taking these tips to heart and really working on making them truths in my own life. Thank you so much!

Kitara R. Wilson
.-= Kitara Wilson´s last blog ..What I Miss Monday =-.

Scott Phares February 2, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement Katie. I have a few things I have been procrastinating about myself, this is what I needed to hear to get knocked off “high center” and just do them …. it’s a comfort zone thing with me too.
.-= Scott Phares´s last blog ..PYXISM – Business Review =-.

buff February 2, 2010 at 4:30 pm

HI Katie,
Great ideas… I’m so guilty of touching things more than once and procrastinating on taking action. I’m sure these suggestions will be very helpful!!!

Thanks for sharing Marie’s ideas.

Buff
.-= buff´s last blog ..The Mother In Me =-.

Regina Bradley February 3, 2010 at 8:48 am

Thanks for the re-inspirational jolt. When I was in corporate America TIO was something that I worked hard to implement every day. Now that I’m an online marketing I’ve fallen off the horse.

You have re-inspired me to get back on the horse and start only “Touching It Once again in my life.”

.-= Regina Bradley´s last blog ..Top Events in 2009, Do You Agree?? =-.

Nicholas Klein February 3, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Katie-

Awesome video, thank you for introducing us to Marie.

Procrastination is one of the most debilitating habits we carry, and it’s important to remember to flow in the moment while taking inspired action.

“Touch it Once” is an excellent mantra I will be using whenever I open bills, payments, etc.

Nicholas Klein
.-= Nicholas Klein´s last blog ..7 Steps to Writing Winning Website Copy =-.

Beth Hewitt February 3, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Once again, you graced my screen with great content. I really resonated with what you were saying, it was almost as though you were speaking about me lol.

For too long I have been holding on to my truth and I am not sure why because nothing bad could ever come from it, only good in fact and so tomorrow I will have the conversations I need to have.

I realise now that by holding back our truth we are not only being detrimental to ourselves but those around us, because you could say we are being dishonest not to communicate what we really feel inside.

And I just love the one touch thing…there is stuff that i pick up and put back down and then when I look again I have 10 things to do. I am definately going to put this in to action.

Wish me Luck.
Beth Hewitt :-)
.-= Beth Hewitt´s last blog ..Personal Branding and YOU! =-.