The Power of Courage

Do you have the courage to go where it’s uncomfortable?  Do you run from fear or do you choose to face it head on?  Only when you breakthrough your own fears and personal limitations will you see, first hand, just how POWERFUL you truly are…

And only then, will you experience the wealth and success you’re looking to create in your life and your business.

I just got back from The ‘No Excuses Summit’ in Las Vegas… And I have a personal story to share with you about the power of courage…

I’d love to hear from you!  Are you ready to take that next step past your growth edge?  Are you ready to start really LIVING the potential you have inside of you?

And please help spread the word by sharing this video with your FB and/or Twitter friends! Thank you so much!  Looking forward to sharing much more with you very soon…

To Your True Potential,

AD7284B544DA527F4F71B7C89166F25F The Power of Courage

P.S.  Check out some great pics from the event!

vegas13 300x225 The Power of Courage

vegas21 300x225 The Power of Courage

vegas41 225x300 The Power of Courage

• more The Power of Courage

Joy July 16, 2010 at 9:08 am

Kati,
Excellent video. We all need to reach beyond our fears. I think that developing the habit of doing what we fear is a safeguard against premature aging. You are too young to be aware of this but fear seeps in when we grow older. As in all other activities, I believe that we stay young when we keep doing things that youthful people do.

Thanks again for sharing. Your exit was spectacular.

Blessings,
Joy
.-= Joy´s last blog ..JFT – Plant Flowers Not Weeds =-.

Ryan Yokome July 16, 2010 at 9:17 am

Awesome video and hilarious! You are doing amazing on camera. Your speech has improved dramatically. I’m going to guess you’ve been having some type of coaching. :D

No Excuses looked like fun! I’ll catch you at the next one for sure :)

Julia Rohrmoser July 16, 2010 at 9:21 am

Thank you Katie for sharing your experience with us. I could feel that snergy, right here at my computer; how exciting. There is nothing like being with motivated, like-minded people who share the same vision and enthusiasm.

You are so right, fear is one of the biggest factor that holds us back.

Julia

Michele Rogers July 16, 2010 at 9:22 am

Katie, it was such a pleasure to meet you in Vegas! Your presentation was fantastic and I gained a lot of clarity after this weekend. Personal growth is really the foundation of success in all we do and it is so true that the growth of your business is merely a reflection of your own personal growth. Thanks again, Michele
.-= Michele Rogers´s last blog ..Hello world! =-.

Marie July 16, 2010 at 9:24 am

Yay Katie!!! I’m so so so so happy for you. This is the FIRST of many, many, many HUGE speaking engagements to come. You are on fire and it’s such an honor to witness.

Love you girl xoxo M
.-= Marie´s last blog ..How To Double Your Results And Actually Work LESS =-.

Niko Mercuris July 16, 2010 at 9:35 am

I can totally relate to that fear of overcoming those very things that you know will skyrocket you to success, like speaking at seminars and webinars etc..
and usually its those very things that your afraid of, that you want to do so badly but the fear of rejection or humiliation sometimes will prevent people from moving forward with their dreams even if they are good at what they are affraid of!!
Like you said, you’ve got to just do it once to realize that there was nothing to fear in the first place, Like riding a roller coaster, once you do it once, you want to get back on it again and again!!!

Thanks again for all your help!
~Niko
Great Moment with the doves! Will make sure I’m at the next event!

Thanks for sharing.

~Niko
.-= Niko Mercuris´s last blog ..Are you living a purpose driven life =-.

Anoula July 16, 2010 at 9:40 am

Katie you are so powerful, is the Unified Tribe still in force, can i Still join to try to market my pheonminal coffee?It is the best i have ever tried for health benefits also. Please let me know what i have to do to get started with the UNIFIED TRIBE SUBSCRIPTION IF I STILL CAN JOIN,

THANKS,

ANOULA

Lani Kee July 16, 2010 at 9:42 am

Aloha Katie, you are absolutely right and I can relate with you I was there and still working on myself. I feel we all have a mission in life and God at times does kick us in butt to get us going and implement what works for us and others. Thanks for sharing! Lani

PS…you were awesome up on stage and expressed such great information and passion. Plus if you don’t mind me saying You look marvelous..Lol Mahalo :)
.-= Lani Kee´s last blog ..No Excuses Summit Event Took Place In Las Vegas At The Venetian’s =-.

Michael Stead July 16, 2010 at 9:49 am

Haha those birds were awesome! I’m a little choked that I couldn’t make it to this event however, I am so glad to hear about your transformation process and when I hear stories like this, it just solidifies my belief within myself that much deeper that I will get to where I want to go.

Thanks so much for sharing this with everyone and I cannot wait to see what you have planned next :)

Have a wonderful day :)

See you at the top,
Michael Stead
.-= Michael Stead´s last blog ..The Power Of Failure -If You Aren’t Successful Yet Here’s Why… =-.

Sydney July 16, 2010 at 9:57 am

Thanks for sharing Katie I can see myself onstage at the next event too. You have inspired me.

Sherrie July 16, 2010 at 10:02 am

Wow Katie – I know I was meant to watch this video because I just realized this morning all the things you said, as I am struggling to record a video (for the first time) for my blog. All the thoughts and fears I have are holding me back and I need to just do it.
Another thing I realized is that there is a spiritual force that gives us our power. I looked up the meaning of ‘carnal’ and realized that I try to do everything myself instead of letting that force guide and help me. I know you do meditating and such so this probably has been one thing that has helped you have the courage and overcome fears. Would you agree?
For me I rely on God through prayer but however we call on that spiritual force I have a strong belief that is what can help us push through and just do it.
Thank you so much for sharing all you do.

Jared July 16, 2010 at 10:37 am

You did great on stage! I could not even tell that you where ever shy. I share that background, though we all learn to overcome, don’t we… Was great to meet you…I will be at the The MLM Biz Builder in San Diego, CA. Owe a lot of my understanding of this industry to, well you. When I saw someone my age do what I aspired too years ago, then I know that it could be done. Though it’s funny I remember stumbling upon one of your first videos about 1 1/2 ago…thanks for changing my life…

Have A Great Weekend!

-Jared Knowlton
Skype: jared.knowlton
.-= Jared´s last blog ..“Session 2″ After the Summit… =-.

Teri July 16, 2010 at 10:58 am

I love your post. I think there is a whole world of opportunity to train the world that there is so much power in affirming others in their growth.

There are way too many people who “critique” based on their own fears vs. based on their own experience of growth and breakthrough. Sadly, that can devastate someone who is just stepping into growth. That is why it is so critical to hang out with the supportive leaders like you!

The world needs the courage to encourage! Good stuff.

Jeanie Schreider July 16, 2010 at 1:22 pm

What you say about courage is so true! When you take that brave step to overcome something that causes discomfort, you break through your fear and grow!

It was truly wonderful to meet you in Las Vegas! Your time on stage was magical and I am grateful to have been a part of such a life-changing event.

I am currently reaching past my growth edge by creating videos. I must admit, it has taken courage to put my heart and feelings into my blog posts – something you do so well and I agree with you, it does get easier the more you do it. So I will get some vids out there and I am sure it will get better and easier as I go along.

Thanks for the encouraging words in today’s message!

Wishing you every happiness in all you do,
Jeanie
.-= Jeanie Schreider´s last blog ..“No Excuses Summit” – Leaders Sharing Success =-.

Judith Anne Condon July 16, 2010 at 1:27 pm

You are my heroine.
Hope to meet you soon.

Judith

Keith | Earn Passive Income At Home July 16, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Hey Katie!

Wow!! For someone who once “believed” that they were neither articulate nor expressive, you sure have knocked that fear out of the park! I always find your videos both extremely articulate AND expressive, not to mention informative, educational, and motivational.

It truly is amazing the power of the mind in overcoming fears, and I love hearing about stories like yours – good on you for overcoming those fears and becoming the success that you are today!

As always, looking forward to your next post.

Keith

Gerald Gigerl July 16, 2010 at 1:58 pm

this excellent post is going to help many people see where they have to work on.

overcoming fears and having the courage to take the next step is mostly hid by excuses.

its so vital to embrace challenges with motivation and pleasure!
.-= Gerald Gigerl´s last blog ..Wieso Beziehungen Ein Wesentlicher- Ausschlaggebender Teil Für Zufriedenheit Und Wohlstand Sind =-.

TJ Chambers July 16, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Hi Katie, glad things are back up and working on the site. This is the message of my life, face the fear and get real uncomfortable. Its how I have been able to stop the bullies in my life. They bullied me long enough until I couldn’t take it anymore and then they no longer bullied me.

Great story. Thanks.
.-= TJ Chambers´s last blog ..Jul 14- Network Marketing Consultant for MLM Help =-.

Emily Giuffre July 16, 2010 at 2:16 pm

What a great message Katie! And thank you for sharing the scene with the birds :) that must have been really cool! You have truly inspired me since March when I first came across your blog and this video sums up everything that I have learned from you. I have a clearer idea of the steps I need to overcome. Thanks Katie for everything you do!
.-= Emily Giuffre´s last blog ..Creating Freedom and Our Future =-.

paola devescovi July 16, 2010 at 2:17 pm

what you said it’s so true: our limitations and our fears really hold us back. I’m going through the transformation you are talking about in your video and making one step at a time to overcome my limitations, in my busines as well as in my personal life. And every time I make a little step, I’m so happy. It doesn’t matter whether I succeed or not (clearly, if I do it’s much more rewarding!), what really matters is that I did make that little step.
I wish Italy were not so far away from the States to be able to attend such interesting events! Maybe I’ll be able to come to the next one (I will add that to my goal list). Or we can organize an event like the Vegas one here in Rome! What about that!?!
I’m looking forward to your next post

Paola

Jennifer May July 16, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Hi Katie! Awwww… So saddened I was not able to attend this event. :( I really, really wanted to go but was moving at the same exact time! I will DEFINITELY be at the next one (no matter what)!!!

You truly know how to pass on a message where it hits the heart. I recently went through overcoming my HUGE FEAR of Video Marketing. It took a lot for me to actually place myself in front of that video camera. But I did it… and what was sooo cool is right after it felt like it was that simple, like it was a breeze and I actually had a TON of fun doing it!

I feel fear is there to test our courage and our strength. We ALL have courage, it is just if you decide to bring it out and face your fears. And once you do… man, oh man what a WONDERFUL feeling!

Everything you shared here is absolutely on the money! And truly loved the ending of your stage exit… too great and too perfect that the birds flew as you walked off! You are definitely right, you are here on the right path and we are all sooo thankful that you have chosen to take it!

You are awesome girl! :)
.-= Jennifer May´s last blog ..My Top 5 Tips On Overcoming Any Fear How I Overcame My Own Fear Of Video Marketing =-.

Wendy MacKay July 16, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Woo Hoo!! You are such a fantastic spontaneous speaker, you are a success and on your path to a future of great opportunities.
.-= Wendy MacKay´s last blog ..Positive Energy =-.

Melissa McCloud July 16, 2010 at 3:55 pm

great vid as always… as my mentor told me early on, get out of your comfort zone and STAY there! absolutely everything we want is just beyond our comfort zone, right!?
.-= Melissa McCloud´s last blog ..Why I Had A Curfew At Age 26 =-.

Nancy Burke Barr, JD July 16, 2010 at 5:06 pm

YES! It WAS a magical finale! The video is fun, but it does not even begin to capture the power and depth of your presentation! Katie, you did us ladies and all blog-marketers proud. You were relaxed, professional, inspiring, and funny.

What is my next step? OK, only for you, Katie, because you were so brave. I have to believe that I am valuable enough that I deserve to be reimbursed for my time and the knowledge that I share. There you have it my dear. I have never said it out loud, let alone in writing.

Now I think I need a drink….. Love you!

Mentor Mama
.-= Nancy Burke Barr, JD´s last blog ..Mentor Mama’s Marvelous Mixer =-.

David Kelsey July 16, 2010 at 5:26 pm

What a weekend! I totally appreciate your share. Love the pics too!!! As your partner in one of your businesses, I have had the opportunity to work along side you for over a year and we have done some amazing stuff.

I am so PROUD of you and know how big of a deal this was. As you know and understand, WE ALL HAVE OUR SELF-IMPOSED LIMITATIONS, and we have discussed one of mine quite alot. You have been gracious, and compassionate and encouraging. The truth is, I have never been vulnerable to it, just aware and always presented to you and MYSELF that I was going to work through it, tough it out, make it happen. Well, sometimes we have to go a little deeper than just bullying ourselves through something.

This weekend changed it all. I stopped TRYING to work through it, I just did it! And you know what, IT WASN’T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!. I had some tears and forgave myself for procrastinating so long. The transformation that is taking place from simply TAKING ACTION with those areas that we resist the most has been ASTOUNDING. you know one of mine and this weekend totally blew it up! It’s gone!

Lot’s of love to you for sharing, you’re an inspiration! Have a powerful weekend!!

Your friend and partner in mastery,

David Kelsey
.-= David Kelsey´s last blog ..This Will Be My New Testing Post =-.

Nick Logan July 16, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I like this…Pushing yourself past your comfort zones. You have been an inspiration to me for the last 2-3 years.

Great Exit
.-= Nick Logan´s last blog ..“How To Get Return Customers”…Blogging For Beginners Tips =-.

Brey July 16, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Wow we have the same mind because this week I made a decision to start working on changing my limiting beliefs to live life out of the box:) but I think it’s not just about living out of the box but also about living with gratitude:) Thanks Katie

Rochelle Loomis July 16, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Speechless! I don’t believe I have ever watched a video that was as powerful as this one! Knowing what needs to be done in order to obtain specific goals but yet having the fear of making approaches to people who I have never met has been a huge challenge for me as a beginning entrepreneur. After watching and really listening to this video – I felt the confidence and the strength to work on pushing through my fears. They say that whatever you run from will continue to follow ;)
Thanks for the incredible motivation Katie!

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah July 16, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Beautiful….the world is so beautiful and wonderful !!!

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah July 16, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Beautiful….the world is so beautiful and wonderful ! :)

Sue Price July 16, 2010 at 9:08 pm

I loved your message here and I agree with you. Once we take those first steps and overcome our fears we are making progress.

I loved seeing your clips on stage. The birds were awesome!
Sue
.-= Sue Price´s last blog ..The Importance of Residual Income =-.

Irene Whitcher July 16, 2010 at 10:41 pm

Awesome message! Thanks so much sharing your experiences with us. You have greatly inspired me.

Juan sanchez July 16, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Great job, on communicating on a scary subject. Fear is the main cause of most failures.

I’m glad you are talking about it.

Wishing you much success,

Juan
.-= Juan sanchez´s last blog ..Updates on RSS Directories =-.

Rick Resch July 16, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Each one of us are invincible, but due to negative people around us and limiting thoughts from our childhood we are unable to fulfill our potential. The past affects the future and some people are able to overcome the problems that stop them from progressing in life. I commend you on your courage and wish you the best.

Cheers,
Rick
.-= Rick Resch´s last blog ..Ferrari 458 Italia Challenge unleashed for the track =-.

Dave July 17, 2010 at 12:57 am

Of course, that is what I get for being in the back AND at the end, redoing the scribbled notes before I forgot what they were. Was it Johnathan who shot that ? Sorting what you said and Johnathan said, ( among others ) but since your Friday night With J.B Webevent, I am connecting with ya. I plan for you to be an inspiration to our three grown daughters soon. Thanks for the doing and sharing Katie.
Ye ole Dave of Los Angeles area

Klay July 17, 2010 at 6:20 am

Hey Katie, I don’t know what you’ve been doing lately on your spiritual journey but I have noticed in this video that you’ve posted that you’ve grown astoundingly. I’m not sure if I should print this on your blog but I hope you do get to read it and that you try it out. When you are in your favorite Yoga Position, the one that you feel yourself centered the most repeat this affirmation ” The Essence within, The Essence without, this heart beat reflects what I’m all about ” when you are saying this to yourself in your minds eye, concentrate on your heart beat, feel it flowing through your body, feel the vibration as is emanates through your energy body and flows out around you into the room. I am not sure where this came from but I had to give it to you and because I don’t know any other way of contacting you then this is it, I guess it will help anyone who reads it and does any form of “Stillness” exercises.

I would love to know the essence of your necklace that your wearing in this video as that is what I was concentrating on when I received this :-)

Love Light and Eternal Bliss

Klay

Charlene July 17, 2010 at 6:26 am

Thanks, Katie

You have inspired me, that was your goal for your video/story today. My goal is just get started, take action (like writing this blog) to conquer my fear.
Charlene

Mitzi Reed July 17, 2010 at 8:42 am

Awesome! You Go Katie!!!
.-= Mitzi Reed´s last blog ..Continuous Marketing Education =-.

Leonard Betts July 17, 2010 at 8:49 am

Great Post. I was hoping that those pidgins didn’t do what they seem to do best all over the audience.
“Do something every day that scares you.” – Elenore Roosevelt
Keep it coming.
Leonard Betts
.-= Leonard Betts´s last blog ..GOING TO JAIL FOR “GOOD” =-.

Pete Przyszlak July 17, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Yeah, great way to finish, you obviously attract a lot of things around you that compliment your beauty and energy!
I like to hear your voice, shame I couldn’t make out a lot of what you were saying because the sound was so bad. I was wondering if you sing?
PT
.-= Pete Przyszlak´s last blog ..From a Demo to a release =-.

Nicholas Klein July 17, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Awesome video Katie!

Your personal story is a great testament to the POWER of taking focused action daily while getting outside of your comfort zone and you’re an inspiration to our industry.

Thanks for continuing to share your personal lessons and tactics :)

Nicholas Klein
.-= Nicholas Klein´s last blog ..How Can You Master Lucid Dreaming… “Inception” Style =-.

Chris & Michelle Chasen-Hooks July 17, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Thank you for sharing your video! We enjoy your inspirational
words. This was a magical moment when the birds flew up as you exited the stage. This is one of those moments that you can’t explain, but you are certain & can feel there is a deeper meaning behind them.

Wishing you all the best!
Chris & Michelle
.-= Chris & Michelle Chasen-Hooks´s last blog ..How Coaching- Converting and Collecting Part-Time Saved My Sanity =-.

Jon Ochs July 17, 2010 at 10:05 pm

Awesome Katie! You are so right about having to break through the limitation barriers we create for ourselves. Only when we do that, can we achieve true greatness.
.-= Jon Ochs´s last blog ..Dont Be An MLM Zombie – The Worst MLM Marketing Techniques Ever True Story =-.

Theresa July 18, 2010 at 12:09 am

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. The Power of Courage is by far one of the most uplifting, inspirational video clips thus far Katie. The reason is because you took a simple concept “fear” and “courage” and gave us a real “before and after” with the example of how you worked though fear on your journey – and then added in the fun clip of you at the Summit with your very cool exit. If that isn’t social proof I don’t know what is!

Thanks so much for being one of our internet marketing heroes. I missed the Summit this time but next time I will be there taking copious notes.

tkey:)
.-= Theresa´s last blog ..3 Quick and Easy Ways to Develop Customer-Focused Content =-.

jennifer July 18, 2010 at 3:33 am

Katie you are an extraordinarily beautiful young lady. Smart, articulate and successful! I have so much admiration for you and if I could be even 10% of what you are, I would be a success too. FEAR! I face this everyday! I have too many not-so-successful stories to share. I just keep getting up and trying something new. Thank you for sharing and giving mere mortals like myself words of encouragement that we too will NOT give up on our dreams. xo

Curt Bizelli July 18, 2010 at 4:10 am

Those bird didn’t poop on your head, did they? LOL, j/k
Breaking through barriers = empowerment = comfortable on stage = even more empowerment … Thanks for your shining example.
Blessings,
Curt
.-= Curt Bizelli ´s last blog ..Poker and Network Marketing – What’s the similarities =-.

Bernard Hirsch July 18, 2010 at 5:23 am

Great job, I love your Video, I wish the very best for you and I know you will have Great Success! The Power of Courage to All
Thanks,
Bernard Hirsch
bernard@bernardhirsch.ws

Pamelal Desir July 18, 2010 at 5:25 am

It’s really hard to believe that you were EVER shy!
Your articulate speech, confident poise and valuable lesson are such an inspiration!
Thank you for sharing!
Pamela Desir

Karen Marrow July 18, 2010 at 8:22 am

You are an inspiration to many people. Thank you so much for sharing this!

What you are saying reminds me of “Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway” by Susan Jeffers. I highly recommend this to anyone who is controlled by their fears.

After reading this, I realized that you don’t have to wait for the fear to go away BEFORE you do something, it’s actually the opposite. When you do what you are fearful of, THAT’S what actually helps you to get over it and fear no longer has control over you.

We can definitely limit our lives if we don’t have the courage to push through our fears.

Your story is great and again I thank you for sharing~ The birds at the end are a sign you are doing what you were brought here to do.

Be blessed,

Karen
.-= Karen Marrow´s last blog ..How To Become A Social Media Manager- Hottest Job In 2010 =-.

Suzie Bowers July 18, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway is a fabulous book and was one of the inspirations in my life as I journeyed into public speaking/training. Good recommendation. Thanks!
.-= Suzie Bowers´s last blog ..Welcome to Suziebowerscom =-.

Nicole Jolie July 18, 2010 at 10:26 am

Jonathan has trained you well. This is good you have had the opportunity to have someone coach you so well and you were able to have privy to so many amazing coaches at your fingertips.

Most of us, if not 99.99% of us do not have that opportunity available to us. I believe that’s why a lot of your success has been so rapid.

I appreciate that you’ve come up in the ranks of speaking and coming out of your fears.

Good for you. Congratulations to both you and Jonathan for creating your amazing success.

Coach Nicole Jolie
.-= Nicole Jolie´s last blog ..Stop Smoking Cigarettes =-.