Burning Away The Past (A Kauai Ceremony)

What would your life look like if you could live each moment without any baggage from the past? Our pasts shape, define, and become the filters through which we experience reality.  Our minds operate very much like a computer, collecting data and information about ourselves and the world, as we accumulate one life experience after another.  Since this accumulation of experiences, patterns, beliefs, and emotions become the filter through which we perceive the world, our sense of reality can often become quite distorted.

Whether you’re conscious of it or not, odds are that you’re carrying with you quite a bit of ‘baggage’ from your past… If you formed the belief at age 15 that you weren’t a good writer, you most likely still believe that about yourself today.  If your best friend betrayed you when you were younger, you might still be carrying the pain of mistrust around with you right now. All of the people in your past, along with the situations and events that you experienced, might still be affecting you today and keeping you from living a life that’s fresh, alive, and new in each moment.

Truly successful people are not just successful because they learned a few new skills or got lucky… They most likely have had to do quite a bit of digging, or personal ‘work’ on themselves to clear out the cob webs and grow.  They’ve had to face their fears, get outside of their comfort zone, and also challenge the old disempowering patterns and beliefs that were keeping them from creating more success…

Personal growth is absolutely essential for anyone looking to create wealth or success for themselves as an entrepreneur… It’s about fine-tuning the power force within that is capable of creating and manifesting in the external world.

I’m quite passionate about personal growth (if you couldn’t tell already!) and that’s why I decided to take a trip to Kauai… I wanted to really dig deep and cultivate a deeper awareness of the source of my power, strength, creativity, and potential.  And so, realizing that my past still had somewhat of a grip on me, I decided to do a ceremony to release it…

It was incredibly powerful, I have to say.  And I’d like to invite you join with me in the finale… You’ll also get some great insight as to how you can release your past and clear space for your true potential and power to shine through and manifest in your business.

Click ‘play’ on the video below to hear more (and get a look at my new cottage out here in Kauai with an awesome private hot tub!)…

The past is history… It doesn’t exist!  We can remember the past and learn from it, but there’s no need to carry it with us any longer.  In order to live more fully in the present moment as an aware, empowered, and fully expressed human being, we’ve gotta let go of the beliefs, emotions, and people from our past that keep us from seeing the truth of who we really are.

It’s a cleansing process and it’s necessary!  I’m not saying that everyone needs to do any specific ceremony, but I do encourage you to dig up the past if you’ve never done it, make amends with it, and let it go once and for all…  You’ll be amazed at the clarity and lightness you’ll feel!

Again, thank you so much for joining me in the finale of my ceremony!  What did you think? I’d love to hear any comments, questions, or feedback so please share with the community down below.  And also please make sure you ‘re-tweet’ this post using the button down below and send this out to your Twitter friends and followers (as well as Facebook, Digg, or any other social site you visit often!)  This message is definitely one that needs to be heard and it’s much appreciated!

Thanks a bunch and we’ll speak again soon…

In Joy and Aliveness,

AD7284B544DA527F4F71B7C89166F25F Burning Away The Past (A Kauai Ceremony)

• more Burning Away The Past (A Kauai Ceremony)

Terri November 23, 2009 at 8:41 am

Great timing Katie! Thanks for sharing an important part of your journey. I have just been focusing on beliefs and busting those that do not serve me as I move forward.

We are creators. We create our experience and holding on to the past and negative energy just holds us back.

Where did I put those matches??

Cheers,
Terri

Enjoy your time in Kaui!!

Tone Anogianakis November 23, 2009 at 6:28 pm

Your Kauai Ceremony left an heartfelt imprint. Thanks K! YOU are Glowing with da Flow. :)
.-= Tone Anogianakis´s last blog ..FLOW-ERING =-.

Eric Goldstein November 23, 2009 at 8:41 am

Sweet video Katie!

It’s so cool to be able to follow
you on this personal development journy,
especially since your in Hawaii:)

What a POWERFUL process… letting go and
forgiveness is so IMPORTANT. When we let
go, we create space for other stuff/people
to come into our life.

Thanks for sharing AUTHENTICALLY:)
.-= Eric Goldstein´s last blog ..I’m Running A Marathon… Why I’m Doing This?? =-.

Kevin Doherty November 23, 2009 at 8:45 am

Katie, This is very powerful.. thanks for sharing your journey of evolution. I couldn’t agree more that letting go of the past is the only way to truly move forward. We have to be aware of and clear our obstacles before we can be free and empowered.

Kevin
.-= Kevin Doherty´s last blog ..Crossing Over Into Being a Leader Who Radiates Authentic Power =-.

Debbie Wood November 23, 2009 at 8:48 am

Katie! THIS IS POWERFUL! It’s so true that holding on to your past, especially THE PEOPLE who have hurt you, is crazy. They go on with their lives while you play the same broken record over and over and over again to drive YOU crazy. Unfortunately you think you’re getting even or whatever, and they don’t even know that it’s affecting you any more.

Thanks for the great reminder and I will do my list and BURN it tonight. There’s a lot I need to get rid of also :)
.-= Debbie Wood´s last blog ..Become The Rock Star in the Social and Media Universe in 7 Easy Steps =-.

Nikki Swisher November 23, 2009 at 8:52 am

Wow! Great post! Very valuable…I will send a link to my list about this. I especially liked how you came from a common perspective most people are too vulnerable to admit. True leadership was shown in your transparency to serve others.
Thank you.

Nikki

joseph young November 23, 2009 at 8:57 am

Incredible Journey. It takes a lot sometimes to really dig into your life and face issues. Some have buried them so deep inside it takes times like you expressed to find them and deal with them and start living again. There is always a beginning again if we want it. I learned this as a child of God. Life can pick us up and drop us on our head, but as it is written, In the beginning God created….. How powerful a new beginning, a new chapter can really be.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us Katie!
- Joe
.-= joseph young´s last blog ..Mark Weiser’s Top Recruiting Secret: Exposed! =-.

Rodney Jansen November 23, 2009 at 9:07 am

Thanks for sharing… It was a special moment!
.-= Rodney Jansen´s last blog ..Strategies to get out of debt =-.

Therese Miu November 23, 2009 at 9:08 am

Ms. Katie Freiling,

I just learned about Hawaiian Teachings of Ho’oponopono..It is a process of letting go of toxic energies within you. It literally means “to make right” or “rectify an error” It is taking 100 percent full responsibility for your life. Have you heard of Ho’oponopono? It is a healing modality that allows you to make amends from the past programming.

There was a psychologist in Hawaii name Dr. Hew Lee who was able to heal a population of mentally ill ward without ever seeing them in person. Before he worked at the mentally ward place, there was a high risk of suicides and employees quitting. As soon as he applied a position there the ward was better. Patients were naturally healed and employees did not quit their jobs. How did he do it? By saying 4 simple powerful words. “Please Forgive Me” “I am Sorry” “I Love You” and “I thank You” This is an idea of cleaning your divinity as you go on each and everyday. Rather than seeing the patients as a problem he constantly cleaned himself and said these 4 powerful words over and over. He would speak to them within their divinity. He would clean clean clean.

With this healing modality you can clean the past, baggage and also past programming. Self I-dentity through Ho’oponopono (SITH) is an updated Hawaiian problem solving process to release memories that are experienced as problem.

My Job here on Earth is twofold. My job is first of all to make amends. My second job is to awaken people who might be asleep. Almost everyone is asleep! The only way I can awaken them is to work on myself.
Dr. Ihaleakala Hew Len– “Founder of Self I-dentity through Ho’oponopono (SITH)”

O ka Maluhia no me oe, Ku’u Maluhia a pau loa,
which MEANS
Peace be with you, All My Peace,

Your Friend Always Therese Miu

dan duckworth November 23, 2009 at 9:25 am

In the lobby of a local hospital recently I was browsing thru a periodical for caregivers in relation to dealing with the incredible stress that most of them deal with. One of the techniques suggested for times of stress was to take a few moments and mantra like repeat the simple phrase, “Let it go” and anytime another thought popped up, gently go back to repeating “Let it go.”
Because your post used these exact words, it brought this exercise to mind. I do use it. It does help.

Thanx for all you do.

Mark November 23, 2009 at 9:30 am

You are amazing! On the very cusp of the waves of Awakening! Peace, love, light and blessings to you!

Mark

Shaylee November 23, 2009 at 9:37 am

This is great Katie!

I’ve seen other network marketers do this same ceremony. I’ve been watching your transformational journey in Kauai and I have to say that I started to experience something strange after you left.

For the past week after leaving work, no matter what time of day it is, I get stopped at a stop light near my work. Every day last week a bus drove by me with an Alaska Airlines ad. Normally I don’t pay attention to ads on buses but this particular ad caught my attention immediately.

The ad said….”Kauai Wait?” and it’s driven past me multiple times while you have been on your journey.

I know I have been seeing this for a reason and every time I see it I think…”What am I really waiting for?”

If you hadn’t gone on your journey to Kauai, I’m not sure my experience would be as significant.

Needless to say, I look forward to partnering closer with you when you return!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your time there and I look forward to hearing more!

Shaylee
.-= Shaylee´s last blog ..Be Healthy by CHANGING the Way You Think! =-.

Kathy Wenz November 23, 2009 at 10:05 am

Thank you for the invite and for the message. We don’t realize how much we keep bottled up that effects us every day. You have given me a lot to think about, and let go of.

Thank YOU!

Michael Cloke November 23, 2009 at 10:06 am

I have done similar ceremonies myself only using Angels and Prayers. I would cut all the ties and bury them undergroung.
It seems to work… Also tried Chi Kung cleansing which was equally as powerful….

I will now try this technique that you advocate and let you know how effective it was. I guess your deep down belief that what you are doing is going to work is more important than the way you do it!

The cottage looks beautiful. Why don’t you stay there? What a new start that would be..

To newness of life,
Michael.

Andre November 23, 2009 at 10:30 am

What a powerful message, you articulated it so well. I agree wholeheartedly with you. The process of getting clear of baggage from the past is probably the most often overlooked aspect of personal growth and success. We tend to focus on acquiring new skill, techniques, strategies, but without working on ourselves first none of these will make much difference…

What suddenly came to me while watching your video was something Dr.Hew Len (Therese beat me to it hahaha, she explained it very2 well ;-)) said “you either live from inspiration, or from memory”.

What he calls ‘memory’ is the baggage of the past: people and events that still have emotional charge when you think about them, which dictates how you view your reality.

It is all about continuously cleaning the ‘memory’… to get to that place of ‘zero limits’ where you access your authentic power, who you really are, which is Infinite Love. So if we are not as happy, successful, wealthy, fulfilled, as we’d like to be, we need to get clear of the baggage that hold us back.

Thank you for sharing your powerful experience Katie. You are Light ;-)…

Peace & blessings,
Andre
.-= Andre´s last blog ..Don’t Even Try to Build a Network! =-.

Dale November 23, 2009 at 10:52 am

Aloha Katie!

(Please indulge me a moment of teleportative bliss. It’s a cold gray day here in Massachusetts and it’s just so darn exhilaring to have some actual cause to say “Aloha!”)

Ok, I’m back. Therese Miu’s email above is very valuable because Ho’oponopono rocks! (The whole Huna system, really.)

The “forgiveness mantra” that I was taught goes, “I am so sorry; Please forgive me: Thank you; I love you.”

This one really smacks your ego around because it works best on those memories of people that we have it hooked up in our heads and tense muscles, etc. that they were the prepetrators, they were the “bleeping bleepers” who hurt us, so why should I be forgiving them?

Yeah, that’s the million dollar self-worth question (speaking of liberating our entrepreneurial spirit).

Maybe when the nervous ego sits its usurping butt down in its rightful seat beside the throne of Sovereign Self rather than in it, that it then becomes clear to Unity Awareness that it really is all Self and those villans that we have hanging by their thumbs in the dungeons of our unforgiving minds are really us too! Who knew?! (Ooops, sorry there, Mom and Dad, let me help you down. Oh wait, it’s me!)

Ah ritual, Katie! The lost gateway to empowerment. Fun too!

Dale

P.S. Ok, now that there is only the Moment and the Enlightened Sovereign now reigns Supreme, forever young,robust and free, I wonder if you could take us all to a luau. I’m curious what poi tases like? Not like chicken,right? :)

Zac November 23, 2009 at 10:53 am

So true Katie. Your making me miss Hawaii even more. Looks like your having a good time out there. As always thank you for your inspiration.

Zac

Naomi Kuipers November 23, 2009 at 10:57 am

Hi Katie, thanks so much for sharing that awesome experience. It’s so important to let go of things in our past that are holding us captive. I’m working on that as well.

Loved your little cottage!!

Thanks again!!

Patricia Jackson November 23, 2009 at 11:22 am

What a beautiful place to transform and be renewed. Thanks for sharing this experience. Surely, your path is marked Towards GREAT !!!! Things.

Blessings
Pat

Noel Crowe November 23, 2009 at 11:34 am

Yes Katie … thank you so very much. You have reminded me that I too must take the time to do as you have just done. There are lots of things from my past still hanging onto me and impeding my ability to move freely forward.

To have also been honoured and trusted to have been with you on this journey is simply amazing.

I too will be carrying out a similar personal ceremony – it won’t be in such a beautiful place as you are fortunate to be able to be right now, but it will be an appropriate place for me where there are great memories of my life.

I send my personal thanks and deep appreciation to you for focussing my attention on what I too must do.

luvya
Noel

Kanu November 23, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Katie
You are such an inspiring bright light with a huge heart and your innovative ways of blending entrepreneurialism, personal growth and higher consciousness are truly great.

It is indeed very useful and important to let go of the past and anything that holds us back. These can be happening without knowing that we are affected by it, where it comes from or what it is. So any ritual or action with a strong intention to let go the past even if we don’t know what it all is, will be beneficial.

The past can certainly keep a strong subconscious hold on us whether or not we know or keep repeating the “story”.

Another method that I found helpful to help letting go of a situation or something that is challenging is the A’s method….Being Aware of what is happening, our surrounding, dilemma or however you want to name it, followed by Acceptance of the awareness or what is…….and only after the acceptance of what is, can we make the Adjustment to our life, to transition and be clear, and invite new experiences and people into our lives as was mentioned in another comment.

Your bright light and leadership is very important and very much appreciated.

You are blessed.

Jodie November 23, 2009 at 1:06 pm

You have given me a wonderful reminder Katie – thank you!

Removing the blockages that one may not even know exists cannot even begin until time is taken to physically write, hand write, not type … intuitively write if you will. The times that I have done this has been a surprising emotional journey, but one that is freeing and clearing. I’ve not yet ever burned the words though – so it’s something I will definately symbolize next time I go through this process.

Thanks for sharing, Kauai is just beautiful, I can’t believe it was 20 years ago that I was there (wow – showing my age now!)

Big Hugs & much love from downunder (or actually, just across the Pacific right now :)

Jodie
.-= Jodie´s last blog ..Ask Yourself … =-.

James Humphrey November 23, 2009 at 1:26 pm

That was awesome! The post and the video I can see that your success stems from within as you say so often. This was a great reminder for me regarding past experiences.

I was just thinking of that this weekend as the end of the year draws nearer you start to think of the past and where you should be where you’ve been etc…

This was a good post for me…Thanks for sharing Katie.
.-= James Humphrey´s last blog ..Best Mindset for Success – Do you have it? =-.

Daria November 23, 2009 at 2:08 pm

I loved your video of the “leaving the baggage behind” idea. It’s a great and very active way to reinforce the idea of leaving past issues/hurts etc. behind and move forward in a new and lighter way. Thanks for giving us such a visual representation of it. Much appreciated.

Daria
LifePotential
.-= Daria´s last blog ..Step by Step to help yourself =-.

Amanda November 23, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Katie you are such a beacon of joy and light! This post is such a wonderful reminder to step outside our comfort zones and take that journey to discover how truly powerful we are… and what we are really capable of.

I enjoy following your journey of self-discovery, it has really reminded me to rethink so many things.
Your cottage is beautiful! :)

Lots of love,
Amanda
.-= Amanda´s last blog ..SuperQuick Tip Of The Week – Email Marketing =-.

Damayanthi November 23, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Thanks for sharing this powerful event with us.

Holding on to the past reduces our productivity for sure, but still we don’t let it go.

This is a timely reminder & thanks so much for letting us come with you.

.-= Damayanthi´s last blog ..Thinking of Starting a Home Business? =-.

Fredric November 23, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Awesome to see you out in Hawaii taking the time to nurture yourself and let go of what no longer serves you. “Letting go” is such an important part of any spiritual journey.

I love the “burning” ritual. Have you ever done a sweat-lodge? I was heavily involved with this particular ritual for many many years and some of my most trans-formative moments occurred participating in ceremony.

I agree, it’s SO important as an entrepreneur to keep working on yourself so that success simply flows as a natural part of the process.

~Fredric
.-= Fredric´s last blog ..Ganesha: Remover Of Obstacles & Patron Saint Of Personal Development =-.

Tatyana Gann November 23, 2009 at 4:04 pm

Katie

We all need to be free of pain, grief, anger and learn to release the past. I do know what it is like to have hurt feelings, and release people who do not serve you. Eventually if you do not, people, events that bring no purpose only hurt you even more and add extra baggage to your life and then become parasites you donot need!

Tatyana Gann
.-= Tatyana Gann´s last blog ..News Release: Announcing My New “Smokin’ HOT PR” coaching program… =-.

Jonathan November 23, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Congratulations Girl!! Thank you for sharing that process with us, it’s not taken for granted and is a special thing.

I will make sure my energy is in a place of honoring and aiding your choice to let go! In fact, we all should as a community, focus our energy and intention in katie’s direction and HONOR and AID and SUPPORT her decision to let go.

Congratulations!! And thank you for paving the way with GENUINE leadership for others to free themselves as well.

All love,
Jonathan
.-= Jonathan´s last blog ..Possibly One Of The Most Important Questions You Can Ask Yourself, Literally All Throughout Your Day. (This Is A Life Changer…) =-.

Ian Brown November 23, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Katie
This process is SO POWERFUL. I have done it before a couple of times and I agree 100% that it is so liberating. Afterwards you feel like you are floating on air.
Letting go of the stuff that no longer serves us, or never did, is so IMPORTANT. Carrying this useless baggage around just slows us down. I encourage all to try it… I am going to schedule a few hours in the coming days to do it again.
Thanks for sharing this
Ian
.-= Ian Brown´s last blog ..Four Mistakes People Make When Networking On Facebook =-.

Rose Goddess November 23, 2009 at 5:23 pm

WoW! It is so beautiful there! I loved watching your ceremony Katie. I am really into doing physical symbolic actions like what you just did to show my spirit my true intentions. Thank you so much for sharing!
.-= Rose Goddess´s last blog ..The Water Element: Personal Alchemy Part 2 =-.

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah November 23, 2009 at 7:18 pm

Wow…wow…..wow…i wish i really be there, Katie……!
I just put it under my own dream right now anyway……
So now what should i do?
Imagining…..
As if…….
is that OK?

Rick Resch November 23, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Thank you for the video. The mind is composed of two parts: The conscious and unconscious. You are aware of the conscious and unaware of the unconscious. The unconscious mind is like the tip of the iceberg. You know it’s there, but you don’t know exactly what’s in it. There is a type of therapy called auditing that unveils the unconscious mind and through a procedure called the repetitive technique you are able to access the negative thoughts and feelings that are buried in your unconscious mind. The concept can be read in a book called: Dianetics:The Modern Science of Mental Health. I encourage you to get a copy from your local bookstore and read it. Don’t be afraid that it says mental health. It is a revealing piece of work about your mind.
.-= Rick Resch´s last blog ..James Glickenhaus confirms he’ll build P4/5 Competizione =-.

Marjorie November 23, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Thank you, Katie, for sharing. I agree that,
before we begin to work on our personal
development, we should first cleanse our minds
(conscious and sub-conscious) of all disempowering thoughts/beliefs. We do not want our new data
to be corrupted…..

Your exercise that you demonstrated is so powerful.
Thanks for inviting me to participate in your
special ceremony on the beach.
I can imagine how much freer/lighter you do feel now.

Love your cottage. Seems so peaceful!!

Continue to enjoy your stay in Kauai.

Much Love…….

Scotty November 23, 2009 at 8:31 pm

That was touching Katie. I remember my mother telling me to do that several years back. I think I am due for another release. I remember this being extremely powerful…Looks like your having a fantastic time in Kauai.

God bless

Scotty :)
.-= Scotty´s last blog ..Rob And Duplicate… =-.

dave November 24, 2009 at 12:16 am

thanks katie i am learning so much by following u r blog. I look forwaard t

Jason November 24, 2009 at 6:26 am

Your video and your post is truly inspiring. Everyone should release some of their past baggage and learn to live a little more in the moment.

I was in Kauai a couple of years ago. It’s definitely one of my favorite places in the world. I’m jealous of your freedom to go their at will :) and inspired by you to create that kind of freedom in my life.

Enjoy the rest of your journey,
Jason
.-= Jason´s last blog ..Network Giving: Saving Lives =-.

Art November 24, 2009 at 10:18 am

Hi there, Katie,

What a neat transformational ceremony indeed! You couldn’t have chosen the best place and beach background. Erasing your past and discovering you new you is a healing experience, emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Letting go of your past is magical, uplifting, extremely empowering. Need I say more?

I am so happy for you, my dear Katie, that you have achieved your goal. It takes courage to do that. It takes entrepreneurial spirit to accomplish it. Bravo, congratulations and I wish you the best. Your tropical sanctuary, by the way, looks cool and a perfect place for self- discovery!

Cheers,

Art

Dave Anderson November 24, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Awesome Katie! You are absolutely right about this. Our true Power is in the Present Moment. The second we can learn to release our ‘Stuff’ from the past and stop allowing our mind to Wander into the future, is the exact moment we Step Into our True Power and grow into our full potential.

Great ceremony as well. It’s really great to make this type of release as physical as possible. Allows your mind to more easily let it go. Our minds will always hang onto this stuff to keep us safe and protect us.

However, if we’re going to grow and develop, this type of release is absolutely essential.

Once again, GREAT wisdom Katie.

Talk to you soon,

Dave
.-= Dave Anderson´s last blog ..5 Pearls Of Wisdom From My Santa Barbara Adventure … =-.

John E Regan November 25, 2009 at 6:45 am

What a blessing you are Katie, the letting go idea is not new yet your demonstration was so unique.The view of you cottage and surroundings really added to the presentation. We all have baggage we need to leave behind and that demonstration was the perfect vehical to show how. I have been teaching and preaching personal development for many years, yet it is such a pleasure to see a person who is young, and not only incredibly beautiful physically but your have such a beautiful mind, voice and energy.
At one time I turned down the sound and just enjoyed watching your face. the energy and excitement in your face is a true indication of your beliefs. I will follow you closely Katie as you become more and more famous around the world. On a technical side is that a Flip camera you use? its very effective. love and respect to you Katie cheers John E Regan

Jason Kerchner November 25, 2009 at 7:24 am

Many people cling to their past as if it defines who they will be in the future.

Letting go is SO powerful! You are not your past, you are only your present, and you can be something different in the future!

Thanks for sharing this message, Katie.
.-= Jason Kerchner´s last blog ..Just Who Are Those People You Hang Out With? =-.

Allie King November 26, 2009 at 11:50 am

Thanks,This is enlightening.

George Fourie November 29, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Awesome Awesome! Katie, I personally think what you just did takes major courage and a whole lot of guts. You made it look so easy!

I know there are places within me, in my past that I need to visit and get clear. I also know that I’m guilty of putting it off.

Next week my mrs. and son are going away for a week and I will have the time I need to take action.

I am gonna do exactly what you just did, thank you for sharing your journey of transformation so generously!
.-= George Fourie´s last blog ..A Gary Vaynerchuk Prediction Delivered by Robert Kiyosaki =-.

Niro Thambipillay December 1, 2009 at 4:48 pm

Katie, this is awesome! It is so true that one of the main reasons people don’t push themselves out of their comfort zones is that they are carrying baggage from the past. Often this baggage is as a result of mis-interpretations and bad decisions made as a young person. We sometimes confuse the fact that what happened and what we made the event mean are two completely different things. However to be able to be willing to go into yourself and examine what’s holding you back at your core takes great courage. Congratulations Katie – you continue to inspire us all. Thank you,

Niro
.-= Niro Thambipillay´s last blog ..Inspiration From A Boy Born Crippled & Blind =-.

Gil Pizano December 6, 2009 at 1:12 pm

So Right! Success in general is about personal growth and allowing yourself to grow. Not being a slave of your own past. A past that cannot be changed so hemming and hawing about it just depletes your energy. Rather why not focus on your future and make it an awesome one where you can continue to grow yourself. By growing themselves, one allows themselves to become a better leader, a better follower and a better friend to and for others.

Gil Pizano

.-= Gil Pizano´s last blog ..35 Great Sites and Articles for Tips on How to Have a Positive Attitude =-.

Cheryl Rozovsky December 7, 2009 at 7:51 am

Thank You for your authentic share!
Our mutual friend Eric Goldstein connected
me with your previous Hawaii post initially
and I’ve been drawn back to soak in YOU!
What a beautiful process. I felt your lightness
when the process was over. I feel your strength
and vulnerability too in sharing. It is very much
appreciated! I look forward to sharing with you.

Namaste,

Cheryl

Carina December 9, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Hi Katie:

We go through life with all this baggage that doesn’t let us live, all our limitation believes, all the guilt, all the reasons why we shouldn’t go forward. How nice would be to say, ok, let’s start from scratch, with a clean and clear mind.

Well the good news is that we don’t have to born again to achieve that, we can just do what you did and clean all this baggage.

Thanks so much for sharing your journey,
Carina
.-= Carina´s last blog ..From Absolutely Failure To A True Inspiration, Is It Ever Too Late? =-.

Terry December 9, 2009 at 3:58 pm

ditto

Julianna Brower January 2, 2010 at 8:36 am

Nice job!
.-= Julianna Brower´s last blog ..I have my Blog today! =-.

rocko January 29, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Hi Katie, this great. I really appreciatte you sharing this with all of us.
.-= rocko´s last blog ..Bikram Yoga Floor Series Demonstration =-.

Rui January 29, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Great job this is Awesome. Thank you for sharing :)
.-= Rui´s last blog ..Sexy Miranda Kerr Shows her Hot Body in Bikini Photos for Victoria’s Secret =-.

Kitara Wilson February 2, 2010 at 5:54 pm

Thank you for such a powerful, heartfelt and valuable post. It is so true that we tend to carry things with us much longer than we need to. We’re so conditioned to hold on to things as if it’s easier to hold on to hurt, anger, grief, frustration and fear than it is to let it go and embrace peace, love, health, wealth, confidence and abundance. And perhaps it is easier. Most of us aren’t taught how to let go and release so we imitate what we see…holding onto to grudges and replaying or reliving painful events over and over every time we tell the emotionally charged story of how someone hurt or wronged us.

My church (Unity) holds a Burning Bowl Ceremony at the beginning of each new year and it mirrors exactly what you did out on the beach in Kauai. Ours doesn’t allow as much time as yours as it is done during service. I think for those who have experienced something similar in a group setting who may not feel “complete” because there wasn’t enough time to recall everything, especially those buried emotions that may be hard to access right away, should feel completely comfortable in repeating the process for a longer period of time until they feel they’ve released and emptied all of those things that no longer serve them. I especially like how you also took the time to go through the list and sought forgiveness and peace for each person and situation before the burning. A powerful step that I honestly missed in my own Burning Bowl process so I’ll definitely be repeating the ceremony for myself.

Thank you for such wonderful information!

Kitara
.-= Kitara Wilson´s last blog ..What I Miss Monday =-.