4 Steps to Overcoming Limiting Beliefs

“Limits exist only in the mind” ~ Author unknown

Imagine this… You are walking along a dirt road with the goal of getting to the other side of town.  Along your way, you run into a big brick wall.  This wall is completely blocking your path and it stops you dead in your tracks.

What do you do?  Do you give up and go home?  Do you just sit there and “hope” the wall will eventually disappear?  Do you push against it to try and move it with force?  Or do you overcome the obstacle by finding a way to get around it?

Our limiting beliefs are like big brick walls blocking us on our path to freedom, wealth, and success.  We all have them… It’s just a matter of learning how to work through them when they arise.  Most people, unfortunately, don’t know how to let go of their own illusions of limitation.  They end up “buying into” their limiting thoughts and beliefs and either just quit or struggle against them tirelessly to the point of exhaustion.

Successful people, on the other hand, have just learned how to walk around the big brick wall and continue along their path with even more enthusiasm, motivation, and empowerment than ever before.  Now, there are actually many ways of working through limiting beliefs… But at the end of the day, it really just comes down to your ability to see the TRUTH.

I recently learned a 4 step process to overcoming limiting (false) beliefs by a mentor and teacher of mine… And it’s been so transformational for me, that I couldn’t wait to share it with you!  Click play now on the video below to hear more…

I’d LOVE to hear from you!

Do the 4 step exercise that I explain in the video and then please share your insights with all of us by leaving a comment below! Do you have any questions, thoughts, feedback, or life experiences to share? And don’t forget to “share the love” if you enjoyed this post today by sharing it on Facebook and Twitter.  Thank you so much!  Hope this was valuable for you today!  I sure know how life changing it’s been for me!

To Your Unlimited Success,

AD7284B544DA527F4F71B7C89166F25F 4 Steps to Overcoming Limiting Beliefs

• more 4 Steps to Overcoming Limiting Beliefs

Ryan Biddulph November 10, 2010 at 6:41 pm

The 4th step takes some mental gymnastics, but it’s well worth it. Directly challenging your belief system is the only way to change it.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful techniques :)

Ryan

Lauren Snyder November 11, 2010 at 11:19 am

Haha, mental gymnastics I like that!
Lauren Snyder´s last blog post ..Get The LOWDOWN on Coach Lauren…10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me- Lauren Snyder

Rhandell Mitchell November 10, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Very good video. It is very true that many of us lack the belief in ourselves many times for the weirdest reasons. I know for a fact that I have value to provide to the community, but sometimes life gets me down. Now I have to remind myself to think of what you said and think of the opposite result of my negative thoughts.
Rhandell Mitchell´s last blog post ..You’re Only One Millimeter Away From What You Want In Life!

Greg Vining November 10, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Hey Katie, great video. It’s true that we take for granted the fact that our beliefs our always true. Why else would we believe them, right? But most of our beliefs are imprinted upon us from outside forces, usually when we are very young, like parents, teachers, and other authority figures.

But they can also come from other things in our environment. Like the movies we watch, or the music we listen to. My father always told me “Garbage in, garbage out.” I never listened back then, but now I know he was right.

It often leaves us with a lot of work to do on ourselves as we get older and become enlightened to such things. I have a few that I need to work on, for sure. I’m going to give your 4 questions a try and report back on my results.

Thanks for the tips,
Greg
Greg Vining´s last blog post ..Bill Bartman Says It’s Time To Get To Work

Freddy Rodriguez November 10, 2010 at 10:00 pm

This was a very powerful and insightful message Katie! It’s amazing that when you take any limiting belief through this four-step process how quickly they dissipate. They really are simply illusions. Of course, I’m not immune to limiting thoughts. However, through education, mentorship, and this four-step process…I believe I can do and accomplish anything. And really, ANYbody can accomplish ANYthing. Thanks for sharing. :)
Freddy Rodriguez´s last blog post ..Your Secret Weapon for Making Successful Videos

Sonny Lanorias November 11, 2010 at 5:09 am

Thanks for sharing this. Again another valuable information from a great and valuable leader like you. So guys and gals you need to check this out asap. Thanks again Katie.
Sonny Lanorias´s last blog post ..How To Invite Members To Join Your Facebook Group or FanPage With A Single Click

Ray Higdon November 11, 2010 at 5:13 am

As always, great content Katie!
Ray Higdon´s last blog post ..12 Months of No Success to 7 New Reps- Why You Should Attend Your Homebased Business Events

Peter from Blogging Mechanics November 11, 2010 at 5:19 am

Very good and inspirational video. I think that the biggest problem that actually creates those limiting beliefs is fear of failure. Especially in the current dynamic world, people are afraid to look stupid and to make mistakes.

Furthermore, we, humans, have this big illusion that one single thing can solve the limitations we created for ourselves. We think that if we could get that one thing, it would change the world around us completely. The sad fact is that it is not true. The only way how to deal with the limitations, fears or illusions are by facing those with the winning attitude.

Your video gives 4 step solution for this, but this can be different for everybody. Anyway, this is a s great starting point to change things inside.
Peter from Blogging Mechanics´s last blog post ..2 Golden Blog Monetization Rules

Heather C Stephens November 11, 2010 at 6:04 am

I’m totally moved by your video and it brings up a memory of going through a month of journaling last year on the Tony Robbins Personal Power program. I went through a similar exercise and it really helped me to see things in a whole new way. It’s a journey because when I bust through a limiting belief, I grow and discover other areas in my belief system that need challenging.

Thanks for your leadership!
Heather
Heather C Stephens´s last blog post ..Self Discipline for Success in Your Network Marketing Home Based Business

Roz Pearcy November 11, 2010 at 6:05 am

This is an exciting exercise Katie! It’s amazing how wonderful our minds are, but at the same time it can conjure up some pretty “self-limiting” ideas about ourselves that hold us back.

Great insights and totally imperative to brake down those limiting beliefs.
Roz Pearcy´s last blog post ..Hmmm…I Get Facebook Email Notifications for My Profile- Why Not for My Fan Page I Found the Solution!!

Lenore November 11, 2010 at 6:13 am

“Hey Katie….
This is some important info…people need to hear it!”

Lenore´s last blog post ..“Is This Outfit For Me”

Laura Hagan November 11, 2010 at 6:13 am

Thank you Katie! I’ve been putting off launching my newest idea because of a few hang ups that have been bothering me lately. Thank you for this… somehow you had perfect timing :) I really needed a push me this morning. You were it! Thank you! ~Laura

Evelyn November 11, 2010 at 6:15 am

Fabulous video. I’ve long been a fan of Byron Katie’s work. Thanks for sharing it and putting your personal spin on it. ;-)

Ashley Porter November 11, 2010 at 6:16 am

I agree your your video message Katie. I know many of us think this way especially when venturing into a new area (such as online business).

Illusion is a great point – and building self-confidence can help as well.

Those 4 steps are great action steps to remove the limiting beliefs!
Ashley Porter´s last blog post ..Find Your Passion And Boost Your Career

Karen Marrow November 11, 2010 at 6:22 am

Thanks so much for this great information. I have heard this before, but I am glad to be reminded of it and your concrete examples.

I know a lot of people who start online feel like they don’t have value to offer, so this will be so helpful in letting go of that limiting belief.

Thanks again and have an amazing day!!!

Karen
Karen Marrow´s last blog post ..The Sedona Method-Learn To Let Go Of Negative Emotions

paola devescovi November 11, 2010 at 6:24 am

Great content Katie! People don’t realize that it’s all in the mind, the good and the bad. Just paying attention to our thoughts helps us understand why we are where we are in our lives. And that in itself is an important step. Then we have to try and overcome what is not doing any good to us, our limiting beliefs. The 4 step process you describe is relly an in-depth exercise. Thank you for sharing it!
paola devescovi´s last blog post ..5 Tips To Create A Launch From The Heart

Jennifer May November 11, 2010 at 6:27 am

Wow… Katie, I cannot even say powerful this was. This 4 step process will help so many. I myself have had many limited beliefs rise up and as I have been feeling them, accepting them and working on letting them go. This wonderful process you shared will truly take it to the next level and allow it to be a much easier process.

The most transforming limited belief I have overcome, well still a bit in the process of overcoming is that I deserve love. I found out how absolutely blocked I was from love in my heart, my relationships, myself even though on the surface I thought I was not. Once I recognized this, it has been a journey towards pure freedom for me!

The exercise I did to allow me to release this limited belief after I felt and accepted it… was to write, focus and place all my energy into…

I deserve love, I deserve love, I deserve love. Over and over again and just after a few minutes I felt like a weight had been lifted off my heart and freedom started soaking in.

This was beautiful and I appreciate you sharing! :)
Jennifer May´s last blog post ..You Are NOT Your Mind The Secret To Cultivating True Peace- Happiness And Freedom In Your Life

Francisco November 11, 2010 at 6:41 am

Powerful stuff Katie,

We´re all that we percieve and if we focus and stay present in every moment we can conquer our own fears and limitations and eventually gain even mor power than before.

Very nice, love you video!

Have a great day everybody!

Nicholas Wind November 11, 2010 at 6:42 am

You are wise beyond your years Katie.

I am showing my 11 year old girl some
of your “stuff”.
She loves listening to you.
I would like to sponsor her…Jace is her name
into all my businesses.
She does not hear no.
And is always the top seller with
cookies and chocolates that they sell
through the schools.
She has not yet had her dreams
destroyed by our school system
her in Toronto.
It’s coming though since that’s what
our socialist system does best.
So I have both my kids watching and reading
our self help books,listening to good teaching
like you have here.
Failing forward goes completely against
main stream teaching but my kids already
“get that.”
One can only fail forward with
no limits on their belief.
My kids will be decades ahead of where I was.
I did not see this wonderful mindset
teaching until I was 36.
I am 54 years young now and pursue wisdom daily.
Thanks for leading Katie!
Nicholas Wind´s last blog post ..All Jokes Aside…I Would Consider Changing Over to Your Company

Tracy Matthewman November 11, 2010 at 7:01 am

Thanks Katie for sharing these valuable concepts! Very valuable. I appreciate it and you! Tracy
Tracy Matthewman´s last blog post ..How To Add A YouTube Tab To Your Facebook Page

J.B. Washburn November 11, 2010 at 7:52 am

Katie – one of your best videos ever!!

Prem November 11, 2010 at 8:04 am

I can Imagine ! How it feels to be at a higher plane of thought than others and have unknowingly explored and pursue… that we truly feel to be passionate for, to first have experienced and overcome and so does our ability to connect with situations are high and share the feeling, that one would go through at the point to overcome a similar one. However, every Situation is a different one and also the complexities therein involved. I feel the ability to handled also differs, and time and again experiencing the higher spiritual planes, and keeping the hold to a sincere and honest effort will sooner or later be heard…I need to know a lot of things, and please help me !! I hope to overcome fast, to contribute, to the best of my ability.

Keep up the good work and May God Bless You!!

steve Toc November 11, 2010 at 8:39 am

Katie I’m a new follower and I loved the video 4 Steps To Overcoming Limiting Beliefs. Cracking that shell that encases the mind is often very strong and you’ve given some great insights that should help us all. Keep the great stuff comming.

Lani Kee - Mind Mapping Techniques November 11, 2010 at 8:40 am

Aloha Katie, great insight and I am sure we all deal with this thought on a continuous bases. And we should make a full effort letting go of our own boundaries and push thru that we are valuable to ourselves in order to give value back to others.

Greatest gift to ourselves is being free and just do what we feel comfortable with ourselves and others will feel the same with the message we give off. Thanks for sharing! lanikee.com :)
Lani Kee – Mind Mapping Techniques´s last blog post ..Making Money Online With Affiliate Marketing Programs

Arthur Rego November 11, 2010 at 8:47 am

Great content . Thanks for sharing these four important
points and the power of self belief.

Kind regards,

Arthur

Physician Assistant November 11, 2010 at 9:26 am

Awesome as always! This message was right on time for me today.

I needed this as I prepare to face a major hurdle.

thanks again!

Dave

Caroline November 11, 2010 at 10:00 am

It’s so true that limiting beliefs are blocking us from success, true happiness etc. The 4 steps you describe are a great way to manage to see things differently and overcome any limiting beliefs and thoughts.
Thanks for sharing!

gladys November 11, 2010 at 10:49 am

Hey Katie as always — your Video is Awesome!!
Thanks for the tips, suggestions on what to work on and how to fix it :-)
gladys´s last blog post ..Hotel Honolulu- Hawaii

Natalie November 11, 2010 at 10:57 am

Great video, thanks for posting it. I will definitely have to try it out!

Nick Klopper November 11, 2010 at 11:22 am

Damn that was powerful! I actually watched it twice… It’s a simple process but one that I’m sure will cause huge strides in eradicating any self-limiting beliefs I hold. Thanks for this videos, Katie! It was fantastic.

Bob Nussbaum November 11, 2010 at 11:45 am

Extremely insightful! Addressing a key area that all entrepreneurs and self directed people must continually work on.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob Nussbaum´s last blog post ..Have we taken the networking out of direct sales and Network Marketing

Ellen November 11, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Great and inspiring post…I am somewhere between question 3 and 4, after that it’s just letting go and dare to trust yourself…piece of cake, right:-)

thanks

Dan November 11, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Hi Katie, You bring forward some powerful points that I remind people about when I work with them on changing a belief pattern. First, “A Belief is just a thought we keep thinking.” So when we can identify the seed of the thought often times it liberates the process of changing the thoughts.

Secondly and you Very elegantly shared it with us… “HOW” I believe when we look at any challenge that life presents us we need to learn to ask the question “How, can I change this?” It sets our brain into the motion and emotion of finding a solution. Just the asking of the question often times makes the answer jump right out.

Thanks Katie for wearing your heart out there today it came through in your message.

Dan
Dan´s last blog post ..A Day of Remembrance and so much more

Alex Martinez November 11, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Another great video Katie, I had to go through the same thing myself a few years back, I wish you would have produced this video back then, it would have been really helpful :-).

Keep up the great work.
Alex Martinez´s last blog post ..Network Marketers Secret- Setting Goals

Robert November 11, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Good stuff, Katie.
Yes, overcoming limiting beliefs. I feel its just that: a belief. Therein lays the secret. Change it. make it an non limiting one, and then the obstacle is not there. (Confidence)
I may add: “get the success awaiting inside you, because greater is He inside of you than He that’s in the world.”

CJ November 11, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Great video as always… You do a great job. I always find myself waiting for your next video…
CJ´s last blog post ..Decision Points by George W Bush

Mary Thayer November 11, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Thank you for a great video full of content. I actually sat down right after I watched the video and did the exercise. The exercise really opened my mind and as you said I could feel my personal power being released as I went through it.

It is obvious that this exercise will be useful for my business and my personal life as well!

Mary Thayer
Mary Thayer´s last blog post ..A Step Out of My Comfort Zone

Karen Clothier November 11, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Great post. It is pretty mind boggling when one starts examining your beliefs. Another profoundly powerful method for changing beliefs is the Belief Closet Process™, which continues to be so life changing for me that I recently got trained as a Practitioner. It works by using creative visualization mixed with the very powerful ideas from Voice Dialogue where you tap your subconscious for images and symbols and persuade it to exchange it’s old beliefs for new ones. It’s really fun, creative and the results start immediately and unfold over time. I no longer get triggered into procrastination and overwhelm, which were my favorite places to hide :-)

As an introductory special I would like to extend an offer to Katie’s readers to get 3 Belief Closet Process™ sessions for only $150!!! Normally I would charge $450, so this is a savings of $300! To get the special discount, purchase online and use Coupon Code KATIE to get the special price. Deal is valid until end of November.
Karen Clothier´s last blog post ..What beliefs keep you from playing big

Online MLM November 11, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Wow Katie! You always come out with great content and videos :)
I would like to meet you one day in a seminar or somewhere to pick your brain…You are one smart woman!

Your friend,

Online MLM´s last blog post ..HOW TO- Add a Facebook FanPage Like Box To Your Sidebar To Increase Your “Likes”!

KatrinaMarie November 11, 2010 at 9:41 pm

KT….Good job Raising Awareness…
KatrinaMarie´s last blog post ..Are you Surviving or Thriving

Billee Brady November 12, 2010 at 12:19 am

Thanks for sharing… It is amazing the difference you can have in your life when you come to over come these limiting belief.
Thanks,
Billee Brady
Billee Brady´s last blog post ..Learn How To Set Up A Facebook PPC Ad! Don’t Get Left Behind!!!

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah November 12, 2010 at 1:48 am

Wow…..thanks again for your great share as always, Katie..
and the best way to learn is always to practice it…..until positive mind mode works automatically……..:)

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah November 12, 2010 at 2:04 am

Wow…..thanks again for your great share as always, Katie..

Ellen November 12, 2010 at 2:44 am

Thanks Katie, this is what I needed, I understand it is about the mind but I have blocks as I am not seeing success. Thanks Ellen

Prue gashumba November 12, 2010 at 4:16 am

I have just listened to Video 1 of Social Media-income transformation. You are a brilliant teacher! for the first time I have found some one who actually shows me how to use social medial to build a business.

That was brilliant, I really appreciate. once I have a Twitter account, I would happily spread the news.

many blessings

Djanira November 12, 2010 at 4:27 am

Great video Katie, thanks for sharing this great process.

I look forward to meeting you this weekend at RHHLive!

Djanira

Tadas November 12, 2010 at 5:55 am

Hello Katie, it is great message. I have few limiting believes, but I believe your steps might help for sure!

Wish to have a change to leave a comment on youtube. Have we some bad believes dear Katie?

Namaste

Elmar Sandyck November 12, 2010 at 6:34 am

Yes, transformation; that’s the word. Your post really reminds me so much of one of my favorite books of all time, “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” by Richard Bach. My favorite lines are:

“Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you’ll see the way to fly.”

Let’s soar high!
Elmar Sandyck´s last blog post ..10 Brilliant Ideas To Write Blog Headlines That Make People Click- Part 1

Joe Young November 12, 2010 at 8:40 am

Fantastic video! I like the part about the human brain and how it grips those beliefs ever so tightly. The 4 steps:

1. are these beliefs true
2. what is the cost of these beliefs
3. who would i be without them
4. what if the opposite is true

I see how this creates the challenge to our minds and gets our minds searching for the answers to the right questions. Like I learned some time ago from a book entitled QBQ! The Question Behind The Question, when we ask the RIGHT questions our minds will search out the right answers.

These are 4 great questions. Thanks for taking the time to share this!

- Joe
Joe Young´s last blog post ..The Success of 26-Year Old Gebre Gebremariam

James Fulton November 12, 2010 at 10:12 am

A empowering concept that should be practiced throughout our lives…Thanks Katie for sharing….j

Sal November 12, 2010 at 10:29 am

You truly are a being of light :)

I love what you do and the inspiration you offer to others. As for limiting beleifs, while they are a challenge to clear out and overcome, the rewards afterwards are immense. I guess a lot of it comes down to the social conditioning that we are bombarded with in the mainstream that encourage us to be comparitive by nature to acheive a sense of identity. But you’re right when we begin to go within, challenge the gremlins and discover our truths we begin to realise how magnificent we are as a species :) Thanks again for your post, Have an inspired say!
Sal´s last blog post ..The Ongoing Quest For Freedom