How To Overcome Overwhelm

Feeling overwhelmed can really halt your productivity and success in so many ways icon sad How To Overcome Overwhelm  And in fact, MOST entrepreneurs are “serially” overwhelmed.  With work, the business, the family, kids, chores, meetings… the list goes on and on!  We all have SO much on our plate!

So how do you “overcome” feeling overwhelmed?  Click play on the video below to learn more about how I’ve worked through this in my own life, and get some easy, simple tips that you can implement today to start feeling motivated, excited, and productive again:

0 How To Overcome Overwhelm

So… what are YOUR thoughts?  Would love to have you contribute to this conversation by leaving a comment below!  And if you liked it, share it!  Click on the Twitter or FB links to spread this message to your friends icon smile How To Overcome Overwhelm

Thanks so much for being with me here today!

To Your True Potential,

sig How To Overcome Overwhelm

• more How To Overcome Overwhelm

Debbie Saporta August 5, 2011 at 9:44 am

Great information…I’m just beginning and feel overwhelmed…there is so much to learn and do. How do you figure out which thing to do first?

Robert Seth August 5, 2011 at 9:45 am

Thanks so much for this timely video. I certainly have a tendency for this to happen and so many others do to. I need to give this some thought and decide which part of my business to concentrate on put the rest on hold for the moment.

Thanks again for adding a little peace and calm to the online business journey

Sofia Hering August 5, 2011 at 9:46 am

Katie, your video is marvels’,Right now I’m in that situation
rearranging, rewriting, what to do next, what is more important
right now to do without filing guilty. you help me to do
rearranging and what to live behind for letter

Marty August 5, 2011 at 9:50 am

I think a major piece that is missing for the beginner (or anyone for that “next marketing step” for that matter) is what skills are needed for each of the marketing mediums you listed. How can one therefore make an intelligent choice as to where to start?

Mary August 5, 2011 at 9:52 am

I had a good laugh when you mentioned a “not-to-do list”. That’s exactly what I did last week. I celebrated the things I didn’t have to do that day, like not having “to paint my place”! Also, I had a couple of health discomforts, so I celebrated the health problems I’d never have to worry abt, like “my prostate”! It turned out to be a funny & releasing way out of being overwhelmed! So, you were tuned in to the celebration also…Great!

Roshana August 5, 2011 at 9:53 am

Very helpful today, Katie. I’m definitely feeling the overwhelm. Thanks for reminding me to just focus on one thing — the most important thing at hand, and to let go of the story of stress. I also love the turnaround: “I’ve got lots of things to do, and I’m so excited about the direction my life is going in. I’m certainly not sitting around being bored.”
Also, it’s not just coming home from work and seeing all the different webinars, videos, reading I could do when I get home, it’s also my relationships with my family, my boyfriend. Sometimes they get sort of ignored, and I have to remember that they are the most important parts of my life. So it’s not wasting time to nurture my relationships — it’s part of the very healthy vision for my life.
Thanks again, Katie. Great content, as usual!

Andrea Bolder August 5, 2011 at 9:58 am

This is awesome. I was just talking to one of my students who is just getting started about this early today. Love the part when you suggest focusing on one core strategy. Become the master at one instead of being mediocre at many. When you know what you want to accomplish it makes it easier to implement the steps you need to take action on to achieve that goal.

Christine August 5, 2011 at 9:59 am

Hi Katie! Thanks for the sweet, wise, energizing post! I’m actually on vacation and feeling overwhelmed – crazy, huh? I love your “NOT To-Do list”! I made one immediately and it helped to loosen the tension. Thanks again for the wisdom. Best!

David August 5, 2011 at 9:59 am

This was bizarre. I had just written in my journal about how I was feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff on my plate. Then I checked my email and saw yours there with the subject ‘Feeling OVERWHELMED? :( Here’s how to overcome it…’
Are you watching over me Kate ? lol

herve August 5, 2011 at 10:11 am

i like what you saying about overwhelm it a very important thing i know i get that way sometimes you have get insite on it .

DH August 5, 2011 at 10:15 am

Nice video. Love the Japanese screen. Very zen.

Cheers,
DH

St Louis Tim August 5, 2011 at 10:22 am

Katy, thank you for such a powerful reminder. There is no overwhelm except that perception and story one creates in the mind.

We have the power to get present to the moment of now, where we can focus on one thing on hand, and make that our purpose as we carry it out. The other 97 things cannot create overwhelm unless we let them. Good energy and love back to you girl!

Lucy Bieri August 5, 2011 at 10:28 am

You are right, too much option that one does not really know where to start,.focussing on one direction seems to be the best advice for any new beginner and as iIgoes one can really branch out to other direction. thanks for the info. I make sure I keep to that.

Viraja August 5, 2011 at 10:32 am

UUUGggg, I know this journey with OVERWHELM! I totally agree Katie, when I can focus on ONE thing or at least ONE THING at a time, I can focus, relax and get things done. Also, setting a specific time frame for a sanity break helps me too – to do yoga, walk, jump in ocean, rebounder, breathwork, massage, snuggles, etc. ;-) Whatever can help me get out of my head and back into my heart-space.

John Robberson August 5, 2011 at 11:01 am

You are exactly right. If your not careful, Overwhelm will creep into your life and prevent focused consistent action.

To overcome overwhelm we must:
1. Choose your main goal,
2. take consistent daily action,
3. focus on your main goal until you achieve it and then move on to the next.
4. Operate from a belief that you are a success. Not that you will be a success if you (fill in the blank). That can really lead to overwhelm.

We also have to stop and enjoy life, too often we get caught up in our goals and don’t stop and appreciate what we have.

Lisa McClendon August 5, 2011 at 11:15 am

Thank you Katie this was just what I needed to hear. I have been out of touch for a while but this brief video has brought me back around.

Chris Leadley August 5, 2011 at 11:22 am

Thanks for the insight into how to get past the overload and overwhelm. I suffer from these constantly and i hope by putting your tips into practice i can get beyond them.

Really appreciate the help.

Renee Mack August 5, 2011 at 11:38 am

This is extremely helpful. And very, very timely. Choosing the main focus for the moment is really the only way to handle feeling overwhelmed. Plus, working in being active (away from computer) for breaks during the day while focussing. I find this to be an integral key to handling those overwhelmed feelings. More movement increases momentum in staying focussed on the computer with the focus for the moment. This may sound redundant, but it’s not. Also, our bodies need to be moving a certain amount during the day. Otherwise, we shrivel up. LOL.

annika August 5, 2011 at 11:51 am

This is something i have to keep hearing over and over again to remind me haha! thank you for this video, it is exaaaccctlyyy what i needed to hear this morning.
we only ever have ONE thing to do right now, and sometimes it feels like the decision is already made, we just gotta take action.

Mike Malick August 5, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Hey Katie! This is Mike Malick from Temecula. How are you doing my friend. Always enjoy listening what you have to say. There is POWER in suggestion you know.

Grace@esteemed girls August 5, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Wow this is what I told myself today. The will be new things next year and the year after that. I really must use what I have now what I know. I do have the answers. The magic is not out there somewhere in a product, it is in me, I am the magic, I can make it happen. I can spin my time, my resources, my idea and my will and come up with what is workable for me.
Thanks and I will use that shift, I really needed to hear that.
Grace

Michael Cavitt August 5, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Katie, thanks for the reframing idea this is something I need to do. I am a ‘closet perfectionist’ and super responsible person. Both of these can put me in the rut of overwhelmed. The rest was very useful, too.

Barbara Arbster August 5, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Excellent advice Katie and great video. Overwhelm can happen so easily when we are trying to do everything. Be in the now, focus on one thing at a time and always put your self care first.

Peace & Healthy Blessings,
Barbara :-)

Doc Seth August 5, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Great stuff Katie, I always look forward to your video training. Great perspective and great ideas. And it’s easy to see how much you love what you do!

Make it a great day, and as always…
Elevate Everything!

‘Doc Seth’
~husband, dad, elevator~

Neriman August 5, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Great video. I totally get overwhelm and in the last couple of weeks I started implementing focus. Though this became easier after I had to have some emergency surgery which really helped me put things in perspective. First caring for myself post op. Then focus on the important work, let the other stuff go as you said it will always be there later. Also spend time with my children and family because they are the reasons that drive my goals. And you’re so right, being present makes things flow, jobs get done. It is the 80/20 rule. Overwhelm is something you create by allowing the talk in your head to continue. Being aware and letting it go so you can focus on the main task/s is how to move forward. Thanks for sharing.

Holly LaChapelle August 5, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Thank you for this Katie. Overwhelm is definately the biggest obstacle I have faced in my online career.

Piedad Montes de Oca August 5, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Hello Katie:

When i saw the subject of you mail i just open it because I know that this happen to all entrepreneurs when started. But this is not only when you start is a matter, as you said, of a decision of what to do next. And also which is the skill you want to develop and master in it. The other thing that happens is that with so much information that is coming through some times we got mix-up and would like to do not one thing but two or three that you are good in it. Is a very good advice what you said, maintain yourself focus. I had wrote a post about focus. I think that focus is the main thing when you want to learn something for good, if you distract yourself you will be running around on what you really need to know and will never learn the right step to go forward.

Thanks for the advice always is good to confirm some thoughts and more in this business that is full of information and knowledge. You have to learn how to set up all this knowledge to convert it as a beneficial tool to your own education.

Here is what I wrote about focus:

Tim Scitti August 5, 2011 at 2:54 pm

You are the problem!
Ok,Ok, Just kidding, but seriously I purchased Mark H program through your email because you had some nice add on’s with J.Budd. Now I’ve got ALL this great info to go through :)).
Thanks for all your help & keep the info. coming!

Tim

Leonardo Arias August 5, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Hi Katie, thank for sharing this post. I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately, due to the huge amount of information and things I want to test and apply to my business, but what you just said makes complete sense, its all about focusing and having priorities. One step at the time. looking forward to see you very soon! Much Love, Leo.

Damayanthi August 5, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Another value packed post. I know from my own experience it is very easy to get overwhelmed, & guess it also come down to your own values, vision and priorities.
For eg: your family, beliefs, business etc.
I also would add, when we are juggling (specially women) with everything & feel overwhelmed and stressed it is a good idea to take a break. When you get back go back to your priorities and as you said very clearly in this video take one step at a time.

Julie August 5, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Dear Katie,
Thank you for your video. It is good to hear to simplify.
It is so important to be focused and to do that means simplification.
Otherwise, like you are talking about – overwhelm.
Take care.

Dianne August 5, 2011 at 5:12 pm

HI katie, yep you got it! thanks for your advice even though it is common sense while we are overwhelmed we tend to forget to stop and just focus on our priorities.
your email came just after i said to my partner that we are spreading ourselves too thin and that is why we never get to the end of anything.
cheers

Ryan K August 5, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Overwhelmed? Heck yeah! Overwhelmed with ideas, offers, videos, bills, clutter, etc, etc, etc…

So much, and so little time, but we all have the same amount of time in a day so why do some make so much more of it and others just end up on the couch watch Webster reruns….?

Nothing against Webster folks, but Emanuel Lewis has monopolized enough of my sweet time and the time is now for action.

Thanks for the great words as always sister!

Ryan K

Pat August 5, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Love, Love, Love the “Not-to-do-list”

Rick Resch August 5, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I write all the things down that are overwhelming me and then prioritize them in order from the most important to the least important. This works also when you can’t sleep and have a lot of things on your mind. I write my thoughts out on paper to get them out of my mind. I sleep a lot better when I do this so I don’t have to remember to the next day.
Thank you for your video.

Ulf Anders Hed August 5, 2011 at 9:46 pm

This should be comment nr 33, as it now, 06 : 35,(summertime. GMT +1) says that 32 have commented on this video. Thank you very much Katie.., I for sure feel a bit overwhelmed., but by all the things I have to present in the story.. I do not feel overwhelmed by trying to sell it.. That´s not my job ! ( It´s yours., and your friends Ken Pickard´s and Jonathan Budd´s, just to mention a couple ; ) I am focused on only one thing..i.e, to present the story.. (Take it or leave it ! ; ), when I have presented it (after I have been interviewed by “Lucifer” ; ) my mission ist fullfilled.
OK ! CAPICE ! ; )

Ulf Anders Hed August 5, 2011 at 9:51 pm

DAMNED ! MY COMMENT BECAME NR 34 INSTEAD OF 33 ! WELL, I HOPE THIS ONE WILL BECOME NR 35 THEN. ( NOW I MUST GO AND UPLOAD SOME PHOTOS ON TWITPIC. SEE YOU ; )

Sonia August 5, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Great post! I certainly concur with you on that post.
Your are absolutely correct. I have been through that period and it was just another project I had to work hard through to regain my focus, consistency, and continue with my personal development and personal growth to achieve success. As a result of this experience, It has become the dynamic and driving force that now propels me to write about, as my passion.

Thanks for sharing such inspiring and motivating post.

Keethan Nadarajah August 5, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Wow..Thanks. This is exactly I needed here now.
Thanks for sharing
Cheers.
Have a great day…all day..
Regards
Keethan

Ibe Anthony August 6, 2011 at 3:45 am

thanks for the inspiring topic. it is awesome!

mack August 6, 2011 at 3:51 am

Thanks for that great video. The funny thing is I needed this exactly the day you sent it. Once again great video and thanks again.

Stay blessed,
” Life is about problem solution, so stop stressing the problem focus on the solution” Mack Lorfils

Pastor Bob August 6, 2011 at 7:23 am

Katie; you have dared to give some helpful training that I have needed to hear. I find myself moving from here to there and getting nothing done. I listen to this person who says this and then that person who says that. I move from one company to another and get nowhere.

I don’t know if the founders of the above website are up and up or if they are taking me for a ride. I need an income source that can be relied upon.

Thank you for your videos and keep up the good work.

Rebecca August 6, 2011 at 9:20 am

Hi Katie – you wait until you have kids under 2 and pregnant AND trying to run a successful online business at home….It takes time management and overwhelm to a new level! I wish I had my freedom back to work the hours I want, but I can only work a few hours a day – it’s SLOW and ‘intermittent’, but by focusing as you say on getting the stuff done that gives results, in the little time I have, I’ve been amazed at my progress….little and often WORKS – but the important point is to keep being ‘consistent’… I don’t multitask as that doesn’t work, – tried it and failed miserably – you have to take short blocks of time when baby is asleep or work in the evenings to get stuff done and ONLY focus on stuff that’s relevant – yep as a mummy you have to be a time management guru:-)…..thanks Katie

Lee Alexander August 6, 2011 at 9:22 am

Thank you Katie, Right on, I needed that today.

Ciprian Bud August 6, 2011 at 11:05 am

Very good topic to talk about and the tips are absolutely brilliant. You have taken a rock from my shoulders because now I know how to approach an overwhelming situation and I know they are plenty especially in my network marketing business. Thanks for all you do!

Keep it coming,
Ciprian Bud

PS. Great idea with the “The Not To Do List”. I will give it a shot.

Janet August 6, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Thanks Katie, I just wish I had this when I was first starting then I wouldn’t have wasted so much time getting started. I still have a tendency to try to do too much but now after this video I have the key to handle my overwhelm.

Thanks again. You’re awesome.

James August 6, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Hi Katie, you are right about overwhelm. So I see this now and as you said, I’m taking one thing at a time and follow through. Thanks

Brock Blohm August 6, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Yes – the other things will always be there when you are ready. Focus on the here and now. Accomplish the here and now. De-cluster! :)
Keep it up Katie!

Tony Crane August 6, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Katie:
Thanks for posting this video! I concur 100 percent with you! Most people can get overwhelmed with things either to create products in their business or in everyday life wiith school, work raising children etc. We have the tendency to doing too much at one time and suffer burning out to soon and the good energy we put in those tasks soon goes bad and nothing gets done. And you’re right again Katie, it’s all about priorities. Love the “Not-to-do” List! and how we should reframe “overwhelmed” by a simple mindshift was brilliant too.Thanks again for another enlightening video. Much and love, light and Magic!

Tony

Martina August 6, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Thanks Katie, just what I needed. Very helpful :)