An Instant Mindset Shift That Works Like Magic :)

Did you know that you can radically alter your “reality” with a simple shift in mindset?  You have within you an “inner tool” that you can use to create the results, the experiences, and the feelings that you want in your life and business… and it’s quite simple to use!

I actually had an experience recently that helped me see, first-hand, just how powerful this “inner tool” is… Click play on the video now below to hear more:

PLEASE share your comments down below!

I’d love to hear from you!  And please also share this post on twitter or fb if you liked it!  Thanks so much for spending time with me here today!

To Your Limitless Success,

AD7284B544DA527F4F71B7C89166F25F An Instant Mindset Shift That Works Like Magic :)

• more An Instant Mindset Shift That Works Like Magic :)

Damayanthi February 19, 2011 at 1:18 am

Excellent post as always. This is great reminder to me, to know how powerful your mind is. Unfortunately we forget & I believe we need to make a conscious effort to remember the power of mind & shift our attention to what we want.

Thanks again.

Damayanthi´s last blog post ..6 Tips Help You Choose Your Home Business Wisely

Doc Seth February 19, 2011 at 2:10 am

Great thoughts, as always! It’s amazing how powerful our minds really are, and the actual physical effects our thoughts have on our environment.

I just finished writing my latest post on my new blog, and amazingly enough, it goes right along to support what you shared.

Make it a great day everyone, you deserve it!
Doc Seth´s last blog post ..Crystal Clear

Damian Peter February 19, 2011 at 3:52 am

Great video! Mind over matter, it works with any thing we put our mind to. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Evanne Dorman February 19, 2011 at 5:28 am

I grew up in cold Montana and have never climate-ized. I still freeze when it’s below 70 and I don’t like too hot either. In Montana we have to be careful of wind chill factor. I often have to exercise mind over matter when walking to the car from even the grocery store in the winter and tell myself, the car is just over there. I will survive! Thanks for sharing your story!

Henway February 19, 2011 at 7:54 am

I definitely believe the mind is something we can train to hold any perspective we want – negative or positive. Most people in this world make the mistake of believing their negative perspective is an objective one, backed by external events in the world, but it’s just a perspective like any other, and an useless one at that… why not train your mind to be warmer, lighter, and more receptive to love and joy?
Henway´s last blog post ..Dr Natura Promo Codes 2011

Regina Floyd February 19, 2011 at 10:23 am

I have done two fire walks and also swallowed fire and couldn’t believe the power of the mind. It is truly powerful to know what you can accomplish when you have your thoughts in the right place. Thanks for the reminder that what we think about, we bring about! …..anything is possible!

Regina

Chuck February 19, 2011 at 11:20 am

Great video, Katie!

I have a couple points to add, in line with several of the comments so far. Feeling cold is like a mini mind program that we have acquired from others and we constantly re-run when the “appropriate” situations arise. As we realize this truth, we can learn to create new, freer and more pleasant programs. Our mindset truly does create our life’s experiences, as you so delightfully point out.

Another story that may show how even more permanent changes are easily possible: I am a physician and have had nights on call where I had little or no sleep, yet still had a whole day ahead of patients in my office. I had learned to expect to be quite tired and dragging through the day after losing a night’s sleep. Absolutely miserable! A few years ago, after reading a newsletter that talked about the power of our minds,I decided to pretend that I had a full night’s sleep when this situation next arose. This worked like magic! At the end of the day I realized I had completely forgotten I hadn’t slept the night before. It saw that my tiredness had been like self-hypnosis. This one experience worked almost like an antibody for these kinds of unpleasant programs. Each time we use our mind in this insightful way it gets a little stronger. Our minds are enormously powerful tools, if only we can begin to see this.

Nice Work!

Chuck Gebhardt

Engela Schemel February 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

Hi Katie, Very good stuff, thanks for sharing!

In 2007 I did the fire walking With Tony Robbins, it was an out of body experience for me. I felt after that, that I can do anything!!

I’ve hit a very big “bump in the road” in 2009, it changed my life for ever and I have to say that I WANT to use this focus again!! Somehow I just struggle with motivation….at times! I really struggling getting my equilibrium in life again!!
Your video underlined again today that, IT IS POSSIBLE!! Many thanks, will keep you up to date with my progress!! Many blessings :-)

Caryn Elizabeth February 19, 2011 at 11:48 am

While digging for treasure, you’ve surely hit gold. I’m so glad you decided to share the wealth!
What do people really see as “riches”? Well you are rich because you seek and you find! This very foundational concept is just one nugget of many I love sharing with others.
You are exceptional! A true gem! Not because of your works, though it’s your action steps that manifest $, but you are exceptional because of “who you are created to be”.. and you are living it out!
This nugget about “mindset shift” is so true. Not sure if this happens with just women or if men experience it too. One minute we “feel” one way.. and then in another moment we shift to another way! A mom is yelling at their children one moment and then answers the phone and it’s like they’re a different person! hahaha The kids think she’s hypocritical..but it’s just a mindshift in a very practical way!
Thank you for sharing this nugget with us! It makes me “feel” good to know you Katie, though we’ve not met in person yet! Knowing there are others like me in the world makes me “feel” good!
My WHY in life, you ask? Well, to know lots of people who make me “feel” good! haha Selfish? Absolutely! But vital. Knowledge + Action + A positive attitude = Success

Dorris February 19, 2011 at 1:11 pm

train you maind can change your world. It takes time, discipline and right guidance.

Dale February 19, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I grew up in central Connecticut and now I live in even colder Northern Massachusetts, so I’m pretty used to wintry weather.
(Jeez, this winter, waist deep snow, sub-zeros temps, howling wind, forget it!)

I don’t think even us well-adapted New Englanders ever really get used to the the cold; we just dress for it and tolerate it until Spring, ah, blessed Spring finally arrives.

So don’t be too hard on yourself as a coldness-wimp “Cal Gal,” finally we humans are all “hairless apes” designed for an equatorial climate.

I remember once as a kid complaining to a friend of mines mother about how bitterly cold and biting the winter wind was one particular day. (My own mother’s ear was stone deaf to my complaining so I adapted and found a surrogate mom who would listen to me.)

“Oh,” she said, “just relax and pretend that the wind is blowing right through you.” Ok…..?

So what the heck, I obediently tried her method out and Bingo! It worked like a charm.

I mean, ok, the boreal blast didn’t magically become a balmy breeze, but its disconcerting sting had certainly disappeared and just because of a simple pretend game. Hmm, grist for the mill.

The power of mind is an incredibly rich vein to mine, and my bet is that one day it will turn out to be the next leap of human evolution. (Ja, only zee time vill tell.)

I mean I recently read that in some cases “placebo” sugar pills actually effect cures even if the patient knows that its a placebo! Figure that one out?

In a similar vein I’ve always found it fascinating that those who perform at the highest levels of athletics, for example, these people almost invariably have their own sports heroes that they obsessively idolized and modeled them selves after and identified with as kids, thus self-programming their young receptive minds day in and day out for peak performance and ultimate victory. Almost like a kind of positive voo-doo or something. And the proof is in the pudding–it works! (“Voo-Doo Pudding,” good name for a band.”)

And frankly I’m more and more convinced that the truest value, certainly the truest every day practical value of meditation is the cultivation of a “take a giant step outside your mind” mind space that affords us perspective on where our prior conditioning and social programming have convinced us that we are supposed to be focusing our creative attention in order to adapt, especially to our family of origin. Deep stuff really.

For example, we all know people who are chronic complainers. Complain, complain, complain, don’t they get what a bummer it is to always be looking for things to complain about?

Answer: Absolutely not. They “see” no other way of looking at the world which through their eyes is inherently a negative place worthy of complaint. And dollars to doughs you’ve got to bet that one or both of their parents was a complainer too. Chalk it up to contagious, adaptive conditioning; an inherited negative worldview. Yikes, there but for the grace…

So a la meditation, we really, really need to watch our mental focus and self-talk, and “accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and don’t mess around with Mr. In-Between.”

And if there isn’t a wise saying somewhere along the lines of “No greater blessing than an obedient mind; no greater curse than a disobedient mind,” well, now there is.

I wonder what’s cooking in Katie’s Kitchen!

Semper fi,

Dale

Diane Rustand February 19, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Isn’t it wonderful how powerful the mind is? Michael Dooley wrote a very powerful book, “Thoughts Become Things, So Choose Them Wisely.” Mr. Dooley writes that whatever we think about and focus on, comes true.

You proved that when you stopped thinking about how cold you were, you didn’t feel cold. Magic? Absolutely! Your video reminds us that we are all capable of performing magic. Thank you for the reminder. Definitely, very much needed!

Ulf Anders Hed February 19, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Katie, once again thanks for the lovely Valentine e-mail. (You have understood it ! ; ) Next : I am focused on numbers, you know.. Mostly on 1, 3 and 8, any combinations of them..Like the beautiful 138., (and 44 too of fourse) Here I had to focus on the length of the video ; 8 : 13 minutes ; )
And I also had to focus on the fact that it said 107 shares on this video, and I shared it on Facebook as number 108, on twitter it said 77 had retweeted it. I did it as number 78, but it never changed from 77 to 78. I retweeted it once more, because I thought I perhaps had forgot to retweet it. But it still said 77 retweets. Write after that I checked on my twitter channel. The retweet was there. The fist one, retweeted 32 minutes ago it said. I decided to snap a photo of your page here, showing the number of shares (108) and retweets. (77) It so happened that the time then was 01 : 40. (7+7 = 14., which reduces 1+4 = 5 ; ) (And 1+0+8 = 9 and + 5 = 14 again ; ) At fist one then thinks that it says ; 9514 there, but you shall of fourse read it BACKWARDS, so that it says ; “4 one 59″ (Very easy riddle to solve actuallu. ; )
Now I must have a cup of coffee with 14 lumps of sugar in it. See you ! ; )
Ulf Anders Hed´s last blog post ..Mikaeltheangel- RT @katiefreiling An Instant Mindset Shift That Works Like Magic – http-tinyurlcom-6c8uuq8

Billee Brady February 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I saw a huge difference in my business when I became super focused on only a couple of marketing strategies instead and spreading myself too thin and not putting in enough focus on what was needed to create results.

Laser targeted focus can really mean the difference between success and failure.

Thanks,
Billee Brady
Billee Brady´s last blog post ..SEO Secret Weapon – How To Create Back Links To Any Piece Of Content

Naji February 20, 2011 at 6:19 am

I’d like to share an experience with you as well. Last year I went to Thailand where I went deep sea walking. I was absolutely fine untill my head went underwater when I started to panic and came rushing back up. Finally the people who organise this stuff distracted me and before I knew it I was underwater. Panic was about to set in when I looked and noticed the coral reef we were suppose to check. I got so immersed in the surreal beauty that I didn’t even realise that half an hour had passed and it was time to go back up. :)

Katie if you haven’t tried deep sea walking you must.
Naji´s last blog post ..InfinityDownline- Best residual income business opportunity

Sandra Harris February 20, 2011 at 7:21 pm

The way I see this mindset shift… is that when you were filming you were focused on ‘US’ (and WE were NOT cold) and when the shoot was over.. your attention was back on ‘YOU’. This happens to me moments before I go on stage to train “I” am nervous because my attention is on “ME” and when I get on stage and begin speaking and training my team.. then I and thinking exclusively on what I want to teach them.. and my nervousness completely goes away. I think that the takeaway here is to take the focus of of ourselves and always focus on others.

Thanks for the great video–

Sandra Harris

Jaime Anderson February 20, 2011 at 8:12 pm

The other evening I was taking a walk and my mind was chattering on about insignificant things. I was halfway thru the walk when I realized I’d been looking down at the ground the whole time like a zombie. I changed my focus upward and saw the most beautiful sunset. The sky was a perfect hue of pink and blue. It wasn’t 2 minutes later that I received an important phone call that moved my business forward.

Vera February 21, 2011 at 1:15 am

Katie, that was good. All of us that study self-development, have read books that carry the common thread that YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK. Every time I catch myself thinking negative thoughts, I immediately switch to positive because I do NOT WANT TO BECOME WHAT I AM THINKING, i.e. NEGATIVE. The mind is AMAZING. What you experienced was a mind shift because you had to concentrate on something other than being cold and, by so doing, you no longer were cold. Thanks for sharing with us.

Paul Saver February 21, 2011 at 3:01 am

Your experience reminds me of walking on red hot coals in Fiji in April 2010 at a LifePath Unlimited event. Before walking across the coals I shifted my focus on the most important goals of my life. I was amazed that I did not get burnt at all. The sensation under foot was like walking on warm popcorn. In case I just fluked it, I did it again and I got the same result. I was truly amazed and realised that I truly have the power to create my own reality.
Paul Saver

Janet Garcia February 21, 2011 at 5:02 am

The mind is very powerful and yet we only use less than 20% of its capacity. We should practice mind control more often.

Kasia February 21, 2011 at 6:07 am

It really works, I have experienced this many times.
The human mind has amazing power.

Jan February 21, 2011 at 10:11 am

Ahou Katie.

What’s the original colour of your hair?

Grace February 21, 2011 at 4:55 pm

That was awesome Katie! I have an experience where I was scared to do my first video, I was worried to talk until I started to focus on my content the I wanted to share. Also on my first swimming lesson O I did not want to get in the water because it looks deep and I was afraid of drowing. As soon as I started to doing what my instructure say I was on the go,now I do 5 laps on my own.

Thanks a lot

Steve Toc February 21, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Another spot on post Katie. We’ve heard it said that what we focus on expands. You expanded your sense of warmth. I use to do a similar thing in the winter in Pennsylvania while ice skating. “My feet are toasty and warm…my feet are toasty and warm…” :-)

Rada Francis February 21, 2011 at 10:58 pm

:) I’m in Alaska hehe, and the state of mind really makes me feel like it’s not that cold here :)

I do agree about focusing. When I focus on positive thoughts things just seem to happen. I keep on moving in a positive direction. It’s pretty amazing :).

I am still camera shy. What is your secret? ;)

Rada

Roy Hobbs February 22, 2011 at 6:38 am

This is so true and a correct principal
Thank you for reminding me.
Roy

Warren Baldwin February 22, 2011 at 1:38 pm

This was excellent and, yes, I got value out of it. I don’t think we can envision just what we are all capable of if we would focus and concentrate. Good job.

Tony Crane February 22, 2011 at 3:42 pm

First of all, thanks for the props of me dealing with my winters here in Chicago! BTW, if you ever come here to visit,come find me..I’ll keep u warm..LOL!! And second Katie, I am a BIG believer in the power of the mind! I have had many experiences, too many to count!

When I have a negative thought or some of physical or emotional hurting, all it takes is shifting my focus into something good and positive like healing myself or getting great news. It has worked for me so far! It’s like you said before, we all have the ability to create magic in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

Much Love, Hugs and Magic,
Tony Crane

Ellen Agius February 22, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Thanks Katie…I needed this mindset shift. I know we need to focus on a positive to create the experience we want…unfortunately we have built in habits and although I can change my mind it often shifts back to its comfort zone.. certainly takes training. Ellen

Jennifer May February 22, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Thank you Katie for the awesome video! Mindset is imperative to our perception of reality. We create our experience, not the circumstances at hand. We must keep ourselves aware of our mindset and how it is contributing to our situation. LOVED your story and looking forward to what you have hiding up your sleeve there my dear!

Sherry Malcom February 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Awesome Katie! Mind over matter is such a powerful thing. It’s just like when we learned how to ride a bike with out the training wheels, and the second you see that the person holding your bike up behind you has let go, you fall…but little did you know you rode half the block by yourself because you were so focused.

Looking forward to seeing this video project of yours. =)

Margaret Wilson February 23, 2011 at 8:42 am

Excellent video! It’s kind of funny because before I watched this I was thinking, “Gosh, I really need a nap.” But now you have refocused my mind back to work. I am no longer feeling tired…but energized! I also love the power of the principle of auto-suggestion. Please visit my blog and see what I have to say about it and post a comment. I would love your input.
Your Friend,
Margaret Wilson

Monica D. Williams February 23, 2011 at 11:49 am

Hey Katie! It’s amazing how connected we are as humans. I have been devouring Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and have grasped the principles of taking possession of my own mind. In understanding that different states of mind can be induced and cultivated, I understand that success has been mine for the choosing all along! Once we DECIDE to be or do or have, then we will do just that. Our power is lying dormant in the mind, so I would encourage everyone who is aiming for success in any business to first understand that it starts in the mind! It’s like wandering around in the street hungry and homeless when you have a million dollars in the bank. Awareness is huge! Thanks for the post Katie.

Norm Arule February 25, 2011 at 5:18 am

I use to (and still do) have this negative feelings when I attempt to LEARN ANYTHING NEW…but once I get into action that same feeling is long gone (and sometimes I feel great about it especially accomplishing it or says to myself, “It was no big deal!”).

Amani March 1, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Awesome post Katie, as usual. Most people don’t realize how powerful the mind truly is!

Douglas Alp March 3, 2011 at 8:01 am

Great share. Yes I have experienced this. Where I really get the shift is when I do my Gratitude Journal… which btw I have to go do in a few. When I shift my focus on what I have in life in my life and/or what is coming to me, my energy totally shift. For me it’s something that I need to be consistent on. Happiness is just so much better. I know too that it is the people you surround yourself with. Unfortunately not to many uplifting people in my life on a continual basis and have to do all the lifting myself. But hopefully meeting people through the Unstoppable training, which I’d image you’d be there, will increase the more aligned associations with the right people. But for now shifting the intention onto the attention. Thanks I needed this this morning

Peace
Doug

Hameed Hemmat March 4, 2011 at 12:24 pm

We tend to take for granted how powerful our minds really are. Thanks for the reminder. Great post.

Hameed Hemmat

Sarah Hopkins March 5, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Hey Katie! Great post and you are SO right! This concept of ‘mind over matter’ can most definitely be applied to all aspects of our life- and once we learn of the true power we possess within ourselves- the world becomes an even better, more beautiful, more abundant place!

By truly shifting my focused concentration from fear to peace, harmony and health, I was actually recently able to overcome the typical anxiety, fear and pain associated with my getting work done at the dentist. By shifting my focus in such a way, I can honestly say that for the first time ever, it did NOT hurt in the least. Incredible! Learning of such power is entirely empowering; it changes absolutely everything :)

Thanks for sharing!

Arturo Velazquez March 6, 2011 at 12:16 am

I love how you used distraction for atraction,
You made a point of making a video, you wanted the audiance to feel you’r warmth, while it was freezing out,
You’r HEART is what distracted you’r body from the cold,
When you speek, you speek from you’r (warm) HEART,
That in hand warms others up as well,
Thanks, I got from this , if I speek from my Heart, I won’t be distracted with, what if I screw up, or get rejected, or what if they say NO, (Be in the NOW) In stead of being a distraction I can be a atraction.

The Article Writer March 7, 2011 at 6:06 am

I believe that if your thinking is good and congruent with what you want to accomplish, you have no choice but to take action.

Every time you made a mistake, you should be aware not to make the same mistake again. Every behavior that we formed are controllable, and if you want to acquire new behaviors you simply have to get rid of the new ones.

Thanks for this sweet post Katie. :)

Best Wishes,

Gerald

Aki Wood March 9, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I’m just generally impressed with the empire you have put together. Rock on Katie.

-Aki

Keith Shannon March 13, 2011 at 11:00 pm

That is pretty amazing. I’ve had that experience many times myself as it relates to temperature. If you think about being comfortable or being warm (or not think about temperature at all), that’s exactly what happens.

Trish Mullen March 20, 2011 at 1:23 am

Thanks for this Katie, and we all need at many times in our lives to be able to make this switch, even if it is just momentarily. The Tony Robbins firewalk is just amazing to watch as well.

Continued success to you and looking forward to seeing your ‘cold and freezing Ocean view video’ lol

Trish
Trish Mullen´s last blog post ..The Internet Marketer’s Toolbox

Wendy Rahilly March 27, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Excellent post Katie! This post really resonates with my own personal experience. You mention the power of making that decision and how it can keep you focused.

I had to make a an important decision that required some major effort on my part and because I was really passionate about this particular decision, I was able to stay crystal clear focused. What would normally take me 2 weeks or so to accomplish, I was able to get done in only a few days because my mind was totally focused on it. Very powerful. Anyway, thanks for the awesome post! Your an inspiration as always. :-)

~ Wendy
Wendy Rahilly´s last blog post ..Network Marketing Business Habits – Do You Take ACTION or Make EXCUSES

JACLYN March 28, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Awesome video Katie!
I just experienced this yesterday during BodyCombat at the gym. They had a preview of a new launch so my muscle memory didn’t kick in just yet. That means the moves were totally new and the body angles and muscles I used were new and different than what I was used to with the older BodyCombat track.

Quite a few balancing moves and pretty challenging. I was off balance at the beginning but once I gave my focus and 100% of my attention I found my balance and pushed through that specific move with so much ease as if I’ve done it a hundred times before.

It’s something you have to try or see for yourself but I thought it was vey cool since about 97% of the class was struggling to keep their balance (falling off balance) while I was crusing with the balance move.

It literally DID feel like MAGIC! :-D
JACLYN´s last blog post ..3 Deadly Business Mistakes To Avoid and Easy Solutions

amani April 8, 2011 at 4:21 am

Thank you Katie. This post was amazing and really got me thinking!

Lori Robertson April 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I have experienced the mind shift in various situations but my problem is that I seem to forget that I can do that and some things don’t turn out how I want them to until I remember. LOL!

Great post, I am going to make a point of doing it everyday!

Lori
Lori Robertson´s last blog post ..Gas Prices Suck …But Not For Me!

Alex Washoe May 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

Your posts really challenge my natural cynicism. Its good to have a regular infusion of such positive energy. Thanks.

Nicola July 2, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Thanks Katie. Just goes to show how important focus is. Often just a case of mind over matter.

Trish September 6, 2011 at 9:26 am

Great post, Katie!
I totally get where you are coming from. I suffer from anxiety attacks and though I take medication, some times it rears it’s ugly head. Anyway, I woke up early the other morning with it. Long story short…when I told myself, started to believe, and focus on the fact that there was nothing to be anxious about…the me and the world around was fine…it went away. Just like that! So ya, our mind is a POWERFUL thing!