A Simple Practice For Being Happy AND Wealthy…

Yes, my friends… I’d like to introduce you to a simple practice that I call ‘Bliss-apline’.  It’s a synergy of two important life practices blended together to create the ultimate recipe for fulfillment in ALL areas!

Click ‘Play’ on the video below to learn more about the practice of ‘Bliss-apline’:

So what do you think?  You ready to give it a try?  I’d love to hear from you… What has your experience been with these two principles?  How has your life transformed?  Any insights or tips to share with the community here?

Thanks so much for investing your time here today.  Hope you received some great value out of this post!  I appreciate you!

To Your Limitless Prosperity,

AD7284B544DA527F4F71B7C89166F25F A Simple Practice For Being Happy AND Wealthy...

P.S.  Oh, and re-tweets and Facebook mentions are always appreciated!!  ;-)

• more A Simple Practice For Being Happy AND Wealthy...

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah February 18, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah February 18, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Yes Katie…you are absolutely right…this is also called ” The Art of Living in THE NOW’. We should always aware that we are being at THE PRESENT and FEEL IT RIGHT NOW to get THE MAXIMUM REALITY of OUR LIFE and THOSE AROUND US. Thank you…..

Maren Kate February 18, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Awesome post! I really like this, especially the focus on synergy and combining health, wealth and happiness together :)

Good post!
.-= Maren Kate´s last blog ..How to Jump 90,521 Places in Alexa in 10 Days =-.

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah February 18, 2010 at 11:08 pm

THE MAXIMUM REALITY of OURSELVES and THOSE AROUND US. Thank you….

Glen Geditz February 19, 2010 at 4:41 am

Great insight. The combination of being in the present moment and being disciplined is a winning combination. If we concentrate too much on one area, the other suffers. Practice makes perfect, so practice and enjoy the journey.

Glen Geditz
.-= Glen Geditz´s last blog ..Change Your Philosophy…Change Your Life. =-.

Debbie Wood February 19, 2010 at 6:29 am

Katie, LOVE THIS. Bliss-apline. What a great word, and what a great concept!

Two very imporant attributes that go hand in hand.

Thanks for sharing this.
.-= Debbie Wood´s last blog ..Tribe Internet Organization 101 =-.

Donna Brogan February 19, 2010 at 6:30 am

This is a great concept. It is one I am trying to practice. I am getting better at both. Thanks.
.-= Donna Brogan´s last blog ..Stress Symptoms Affecting Your Life? =-.

Kenneth Young February 19, 2010 at 6:39 am

Hi Katie your last video touched on a very sensitive subject and reminds me of how hard it is for me to live in the moment when something horrific happened to me in my childhood.

If you would like to know more then email me personally as this is just to touchy for me to discuss here.

Kenneth
.-= Kenneth Young´s last blog ..Interesting Backlinking Techniques From WordTracker =-.

Robert DiNoto February 19, 2010 at 6:41 am

Thank you again Katie for sharing the great concepts you find. I am sure you know how much we all appreciate all you share.
Now to put it into practice.

Emma D. Thomas February 19, 2010 at 6:44 am

I’ve really been enjoying your blog, consider yourself tweeted and put on my facebook feed whenever you add something new! :)

I totally agree with you and always strive to live my life in the moment (get out of sync sometimes!). Not to do so I believe is a form of self sabotage. I used to take everything too seriously, especially work and although I achieved a lot I wasn’t happy. It actually took almost dying to realize that life has to be fun AND productive and the two get a long very well if you let it!

Take care and look forward to your next post.

Kind regards,

Emma :)

Scott Phares February 19, 2010 at 6:59 am

Katie – thanks for bringing this to the forefront and to everyone’s attention. It’s so easy to get caught up with what happened in the past or what you see/want to happen in the future and miss the NOW. When you stop to think about it, that’s all anyone really has … the NOW. A healthy cohesion of the joy of being in the present moment coupled with a consistent, disciplined work ethic is sure to be a recipe for success, both spiritually and financially. I think it will certainly take some practice and effort to “keep your feet in two different boats” at the same time, there will surely be some “falls into the water” at first. Great post, thanks again for sharing!
.-= Scott Phares´s last blog ..The Four Critical Keys to Good Keyword Research =-.

Eric Fagerstrom February 19, 2010 at 7:02 am

I love it Katie! Thanks for kicking my day off with a full dose of bliss-apline. You rock!
.-= Eric Fagerstrom´s last blog ..SEO Secrets! Wordtracker SEO Blogger =-.

Eric Goldstein February 19, 2010 at 7:36 am

Hey Katie!

Bliss-apline… I LOVE IT!

It reminds me of my favorite quote:

“A happy life is just a string of happy
moment… but most people don’t allow the
happy moment, because they’re so busy trying
to get a happy life” – Abraham Hicks

The power truly is in the present moment,
and once once discovers that… life changes!

Thank you SO much for always kickin’ things
into high gear and pumpin’ out the VALUE.

I appreciate you:)
.-= Eric Goldstein´s last blog ..Happy Presidents Day: Decide You Are A Leader =-.

Kimberly Flores February 19, 2010 at 7:38 am

What a concept. Since you shared the idea, I am going to do it too. May take some practice, but doing it is the thing right?
.-= Kimberly Flores´s last blog ..{NARC that CAR} meets BBB =-.

Get Clients Now February 19, 2010 at 8:05 am

Another awsome post.

Krista Abbott February 19, 2010 at 8:30 am

I LOVE this word – Bliss-apline.

It is so true, many people are so focused on their goals and getting to them that they do not take the time to enjoy the magical moments they are experiencing on the journey.

Happiness and fulfillment are not limited to the attainment of a goal, but are connected to the process that moves us toward the goal.

Thank you for sharing Bliss-apline with us today.

Krista
.-= Krista Abbott´s last blog ..The Power of Perspective =-.

Debby Beachy February 19, 2010 at 8:38 am

I love that term Bliss-Aplinn (not sure if I spelled it right. I’ve been practicing living in the, “Now” it is stress-free!

I’m also learning more and more to “Give” with “No” agenda! Be a mentor with a “Servants Heart”, I think all this takes Bliss-Aplinn and knowing the, True-Pure self, living without the negative emotions of “Ego”!

(I love Dr. Wayne Dryer’s books)

Bliss-Aplinn…it’s my new term! (-:
Katie
Have a wonderful weekend…
.-= Debby Beachy´s last blog ..How Meditation Will, “Dethrone Your Hobgoblins And Kick Them Back To Hell!” =-.

Francesco February 19, 2010 at 8:39 am

WOW!!! Katie It’s always so funny to think or practice a concept during the day and then ,while opening the e-mail box, finding THE SAME CONCEPT(or a similar concept) explained by another person with other words…New words!…What a powerful attraction/creation! :):)

Darlene Davis February 19, 2010 at 9:01 am

G-r-e-a-t word, Katie! It’s fun to say and easy to remember. I’ll face this day with supreme happiness while applying the discipline of working through the To Do list.

Thanks for sharing this neat concept.

With great appreciation for you,

Dar
.-= Darlene Davis´s last blog ..Mother Teresa & The Taxi Cab Driver =-.

Michael Garvey February 19, 2010 at 9:04 am

Thanks for the juicy share and video Katie. I am with a group of Erickson International Coaches who lead a practice called BLISScipline AIM in the BLISScipline Energy Practice.

Therese Miu February 19, 2010 at 9:26 am

Love this POST today ;)

My personal story is that I was always discipline since high school, getting good grades, etc..up until College and even with a career in social work. It wasn’t until I started TO READ some self-help books that I continually started to understand ‘Bliss-apline’–I have heard of the term. Yet in terms of really embracing the concept in comeplete totality–mind, body, heart, and soul. It was when I had my son. I really saw the world through his eyes of being blissful in every moment. Just simply watching him play. Being engaged in every moment of everyday with no worries. One quote that I even wrote as I observe his very essence & true “being” was Children spend most of their days in Imagination & Play while adults spend their days in worry.

As Benjamin Hoff once said
“But the adult is not the highest stage of development. The end of the cycle is that of the independent, clear-minded, all-seeing Child. That is the level known as wisdom. When the Tao te Ching and other wise books say things like, “Return to the beginning; become a child again” that’s what they are referring to. Why do the enlightened seem filled with light and happiness like children? Why do they sometimes even look and talk like children? Because they are. The wise are Children Who Know. Their minds have been emptied of the countless minute somethings of small learning and filled with the great wisdom of the Great Nothing, the Way of the Universe.”

THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING YOUR JEWELS OF WISDOM WITH US. You are an embodiment of a being JOURNEYING TO A STATE OF ‘Bliss-apline’

I APPRECIATE YOU
.-= Therese Miu´s last blog ..The Blissful ART of Being Single—Loving Yourself =-.

Anastasia February 19, 2010 at 10:17 am

Thanks for this encouragement today. This has been the key to my business growth. Great reminder….I call this Present moment Present Mind….Love being part of this team….
Eternal Blessing to you Katie,
Anastasia

Chuck Bluestein February 19, 2010 at 10:23 am

Actually you made a steak. My grandfatther would make mistakes on purpose to keep us (my brother and I) on our toes. Then when we told him, he would say that he made a steak (mistake) and we would correct him again. So are you trying to test us to see if we are really paying attention?

To get discipline you can become a marine. The black slaves got lots of discipline. If you are not a good parentt then you discipline your kids, like spare the rod, spoil the child. In prison you will get discipline. If you have a husband that is a control freak, you will get discipline. So you can tell your friend that she is using the wrong word. It is good to consult a dictionary sometimes. Here is Merriam-Webster online:

1 : punishment
2 obsolete : instruction
3 : a field of study (a discipline–like learning to fence)
4 : training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character
5 a : control gained by enforcing obedience or order b : orderly or prescribed conduct or pattern of behavior c : self-control
6 : a rule or system of rules governing conduct or activity

Many use discipline to train dogs. You mean self-discipline. Scientology has found that misunderstanding one word can ruin someone’s understanding of something. So discipline would be like parents punishing a child all the time. I just saw Oprah a few days ago. She had on it a man that was forced to have sex with his mother when he was a child. She used severe discipline on him to get him to do this. It is like confusing rape and sex. You do not want to say that people enjoy rape when you mean to say that they enjoy sex.

So I am not like that man on Oprah. I was brought up like a prince. Chuck is a nickname for Charles so that reminds me of Charles, Prince of Wales. The way you put down or insult a Jewish woman is by calling her a princess– JAP (Jewish American Princess). Now Paris Hilton is not Jewish but she was treated like a princess. So I am an expert on self-discipline whereas the guy on Oprah was an expert on discipline.

I have been doing yoga since age 12. I then started doing martial arts like tai chi and Kenpo karate at age 12. Note that my instructors worked for me. I paid them. So I practiced self-discipline. Psychology has studied being very happy thoroughly. They created positive psychology to study happiness. One guy in is called Dr. Happiness. They get big grants to study this.

A very famous American psychologist, Abraham Maslow (1908-1970), said “I can feel guilty about the past, apprehensive about the future, but only in the present can I act. The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” In fact the purpose of psychology, Scientology and The teachings of Eckhart Tolle is to get people to be in the present moment. But the first 2 use therapy wiith the past. Scintology explains it this way.

You have attention units trapped in the past with traumas that are not healed. So you heal them in psychology and in Dianetics/Scientology. The those attentions are free and return to the present moment where they belong. So this is what prevents being in thepresent. Note that Dianetics came first and it was all about healing traumas. Then Scientology came later with ‘exercises’ to help someone to be in the present.

Katie Freiling February 19, 2010 at 10:57 am

Thank you Chuck! Yes, I definitely was referring to self-discipline :)

Michelle February 19, 2010 at 10:27 am

Hey katie,

I love your energy, so true..Bliss-apline Rocks!!
I am already practicing this. To attract what you most desire, thought and feeling are so important- it is key. In order to create your destiny you need to master the art of- think it-feel it and belive it,(and take action). and in turn you will send out the right frequency/vibration back into your life.

Happiness and wealth what a great combination-The perfect package.

Michelle.

Chuck Bluestein February 19, 2010 at 10:48 am

Continued: In positive psycholoy they study the peak experience of happiness. They found that yoga and martial arts are the best things to help develop this. Most of the pro sports people are good at this peak expereince that they may call being in the zone. They are paid millions of dollars to do something that they love more than life itself. It is not the sport that they love but the feeling they get while doing it that is more enjoyable than anything else. Some are totally in the moment at times while playing this sport. I also felt it playing volleyball and soccer.

There was a classic book written 3 decades ago called Be Here Now. The director of the Positive Psychology Network is Dr Selegman (Marty). He was elected president of the American Psycholgy Association by the widest margin ever. He is the 13th most cited psycholgist of all of them living and dead. He literally wrote the book (college textbook) on modern psychology.

I was brought up in a Jewish family and I was treated well like Paris Hilton but I was introduce to the joy of reading. People can feel that peak experience to some extent while reading. In psychology it is called the flow experience but it is different than being in the flow.

In his book, Authentic Happiness (© 2003), Dr. Seligman describes the flow experience like this: “When does time stop for you? When do you find yourself doing exactly what you want to be doing, and never wanting it to end? Is it painting, or making love, or playing volleyball, or talking before a group, or rock climbing, or listening sympathetically to someone else’s troubles?”

Kahlil Gibran, author of The Prophet, says “There is a cup of joy inside of you, but you cannot drink from it save [unless] you forget the past and renounce the future.” To renounce (give up or refuse) means to have nothing to do with it anymore. See Wikipedia for more about the flow experience. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_%28psychology%29

Being in the present helps you succeed with whatever you try to do.

Jan E Hale February 19, 2010 at 11:18 am

You are so right about this Katie, as I was watching the video I realized why I was so happy with learning and doing internet marketing, I was thoroughly enjoying the process. I have already determined my future so I don’t have much attention on that, so I can really enjoy the present. (which by the way has all my favorite people in it). It reminds me of sailing…I have been sailing with people who say “It takes so long to get where you are going” and I think to myself “Hey, the fun is in the sailing, who cares where you are going!” Thanks for bring this to our attention, you always brighten up the present.
-Jan

John McGinn February 19, 2010 at 11:40 am

Love the concept(and the new word)! The mental balance game of being fully present and visionary. Without a promising future there is little power in the present.

Blessings,

~John
.-= John McGinn´s last blog ..Leaders Take Action =-.

Rose Goddess February 19, 2010 at 12:18 pm

…and it takes more self-discipline to live a life of pleasure and outrageous bliss than it does to live mediocre life
.-= Rose Goddess´s last blog ..Eliminate Energy Drainers for Instant Manifestation of Your Desires =-.

Xavi Ojeda February 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Good post Katie! Thank you! As always you give nice content. This reminds us to grow as persons. I read few days ago: If you don’t realize about the beauty of life which passes in front of your eyes everyday better review which are your goals in life, what’s your motivation…

It’s my first post here, so sorry about my english, sometimes it’s difficult to find the right words for me :)

AffirmingSpirit February 19, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Katie, I’ve been practicing this for years and take it even several steps further:

The items on my To-Do list are not just *gotta DOs* ~ I follow only *inspired action*. That is, the night/week before, I meditate on what I want to accomplish and get a *knowing* of what feels good/right to do. Those items always have an energy that ensures I want to do them. Then, I put it in my calendar.

Similar to Gary V, “if it doesn’t feel good, I don’t do it”. Not feeling good is an indicator that either the action isn’t right for me OR I’m not *yet* ready to benefit from that action.

Throughout the day, I’m constantly checking in, taking action that feels good (because that feel-good energy is an indicator of the outcome from the action). Sometimes the idea comes in advance, sometimes it shows up *that day*. Either way, if it is inspired, then I know it is for me to do and beneficial.

I also *intend* before I take any inspired action ~get clear about how I want to *feel*. Many people are stuck in the mind and don’t realize that we never take any action except that we believe the outcome will lead to a feel-good experience. Create that feel-good energy up front, then every action you take will have a feel-good outcome.

I meditate, visualize and affirm my intentions daily (throughout the day). I look at every bump in the road and ask, “How is this a blessing?” <–THAT, alone, shifts so much that I am seeing reasons to feel blissful on a moment-to-moment basis. The more you look for blessings and bliss, the more you find it! :D

There's more, but you get the picture. It is possible to not only be conscious, but build a very successful business! Clients sense when you are acting from desperation versus when you are acting from inspiration.

Many *blessings*,
Nancy
.-= AffirmingSpirit´s last blog ..Effective Solopreneur: Aligning with Your Natural Creativity Cycles =-.

Willy Orbison February 19, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Katie , after being a writer and songwriter, i have learned so much from you lil blog. I follow it and love you good advice
you give. I am a former beauty pageant judge and have selected many talented people to coach in entertainment, I’m new to internet marketing. I own http://www.songwriterslounge.net to help aspiring talents to get ahead, I have posted you as the female affiliate marketer of the year. You really deserve it. I follow Gideon and Yaro , and have learned a lot from them ,as well a Dan with the http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com. I hope you will check out your award notification on my blog.
http://www.geraldralston.com .
Please feel free to contact me , i would like to have you on as a guest of http://www.dawnreeseshow.com , and on tv and radio .
my private email is posted above . God bless you and your teaching
Willy Orbison
.-= Willy Orbison´s last blog ..Willy Orbison is the singing affiliate =-.

Garrett Miller February 19, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Hey there Katie, thanks for another great post! I’ve been doing my best recently to “live in the now” and have found some successes with it… I often find myself getting sidetracked and sometimes even let down when thinking about the past or future, but in the moment there is no disappointment, just endless abundance! Thanks for helping to keep people mindful of that.

Talk soon,

Garrett
.-= Garrett Miller´s last blog ..Twitter – Autoresponder (Web) 2.0 =-.

Greg Herbert February 19, 2010 at 3:07 pm

That was a terrific message…Good job! How often we get caught up in the moment, thinking about the future, forgetting to enjoy. Thanks for the reminder that this moment is a present.

Best…Greg
.-= Greg Herbert´s last blog ..Application Forms =-.

Monica Beltran February 19, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Thanks for another great post. I really appreciate it. Being in the Here and Now is by far a basic underutilize concept for most. Thank you again,

Monica Beltran

Mel Lutterman February 19, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Katie:

I have been practicing the BLISScipline Global Energy Practice for 2 1/2 years and leading for 2 years. Is it BLISScipline that you are referring to or is there a BLISSapline too? BLISScipline is a daily guided global practice, which was founded by Rae Chois, Master Certified Life Coach. It is lead by Professionally Trained Life Coaches and is our free gift offered to the planet. Our participants are from all over the world. You and/or your readers are welcome to check us out at http://www.blissciplineaim.com. We have quite a robust website, which is full of very valuable information. Blessings to you Katie, Mel Lutterman

Raul February 19, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Awesome video Katie! I love the concept of combining both. I have been doing more of living in the moment, and I just seem to be meeting the right people as I am not so caught up in my thoughts.

Take care
Raul

Becca February 19, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Thanks so much! It really takes practice to be in the present as well as develop discipline in your life. Now we can combine the two to create abundance :-)

Take care,

Becca

Lori February 20, 2010 at 7:01 am

Thanks Katie, I am going to put this into practice starting today and I will get back with you in a few weeks to let you know how it has effected my life.

Keep up this valuable content
Lori
.-= Lori´s last blog ..Success Tip # 3 Positive Mental Attitude =-.

Richard Ocampo February 20, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Interesting concept Katie..reminds me of something I’m studying now…the power of presencing to experience greater love and harmony.

Hani February 20, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Hey Katie! Love the Blisscipline! Great that the word is now growing – soon it’ll be in the dictionary ;)

Pamela February 21, 2010 at 6:13 am

Thanks so much for this insight. I must admit I have never looked at bliss and discipline this way before. It is something that I will be using as a day to day practice. You are great! Thank You.

Look forward to talking soon,

Pamela

Amanda February 21, 2010 at 7:02 am

I love this idea of bliss-apline! It is something that I need to take into consideration on a daily basis. Staying in the moment is something we should all strive to do.

Thanks for sharing Katie! I love this concept!
.-= Amanda´s last blog ..The Epitome Of A Good Life Is Gratitude, Growth, and Giving Back =-.

Ian Brown February 21, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Hmmm. Blissipline. What a concept!
You know it is so easy to get stuck in the past trying to keep hold of something or to focus on the future, that thing or things you are going after, and totally miss the present moment.
But it is the present moment where you happiness or bliss is. And it seems so many of us do not spend much time there.
You are so right. You need to amalgamate living the present moment and bliss with your self disciplined work routine to gain ultimate success in your life.
Blissipline is a mindset change and so will take perseverance and practice. But what a huge payoff. I am starting today.
Thanks Katie for sharing this!
.-= Ian Brown´s last blog ..A Tribe Will Accelerate Your Online Exposure =-.

Soomin Kim February 21, 2010 at 6:09 pm

I think one of the greatest killers of “blissipline” is wasting the present moment with time-killers such as “lazy Facebooking” , and getting caught searching random youtube videos (i just caught myself going from a business video to a shark attack! LOL). I don’t mean social networking for business, but many times people can waste so much time online without a plan, especially working the social networks… that leads to wasted time and very little productivity. Leaves one asking what happen to those 2-3 hours and longing to catch up in the future of productivity missed. Total blissipline killer! Hope that makes sense. Much love everyone, have a plan when you decide to sit in front of your computer as online marketers! -sK
.-= Soomin Kim´s last blog ..Video: The Secret to Continual Motivation and Productivity Explained! =-.

Huddson Lee February 21, 2010 at 6:22 pm

What I learned from this video is pretty much what my little dog tried to teach me before but I only understood it after she passed away….

Thanks for making this video to remind me again to enjoy life.
.-= Huddson Lee´s last blog ..Inspirations From Will Smith =-.

Mike Gibson February 23, 2010 at 7:29 am

I LOVE your concept. It is a great way to look at life!!! your completly right when you were saying that most people are living in the past or the future. So many people need to slow down and live RIGHT NOW!!!

Keep the great stuff comming.

Mike Gibson
.-= Mike Gibson´s last blog ..100 Keyboard Shortcuts =-.

Rich Hazlett February 23, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Great post, Katie! It’s easy to get caught up always thinking about tomorrow.
.-= Rich Hazlett´s last blog ..Nathan Ricks Talks: Eric Worre Interview Of Nathan Ricks =-.

Carina February 23, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Hi Katie:

This is funny. Lately I have been so stress out trying to make money… This morning, oh no!!!!!! all my blog postings disappeared. I thought “well I have nothing, I have to start from scratch” then I call my host and they fixed the problem for me “thanks God”

While I was waiting, I came to your blog and revisit some of your posts and I realized that I will never be happy if I keep thinking in the past or future. Honestly I came to your site in the search of peace and reconnection with myself, I needed to breath and find some hope within myself, and I always find this in your blog.

Even though I haven’t met you, you have become one of my most appreciated mentors, the one that keep me grounded and remind me what my true soul needs.

Carina
.-= Carina´s last blog ..Are you losing money online? =-.

Dave February 25, 2010 at 9:11 am

Just thought I would let you know about a problem on your blog… I tried signing up for your news letter via the form on “Join Newsletter” and it appears to be broken. After entering the info and clicking submit I get the following error:

404 | Page Not Found!
Sorry, but the page you were looking for is not here.

ALSO, I never get any confirmation mail from your auto responder so can only assume that the entire subscribe process is not working.

Would love to subscribe, let me know when it’s fixed and I will be back!

– Dave

Katie Freiling March 2, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Thank you Dave… Looking into it now :)

Seth V February 25, 2010 at 1:59 pm

ahhhhhh (smile…big sigh)….This is just what I needed today. Been out of town for two weeks and felt like I fell behind with so many things. Thank you again Katie. Always refreshing to see your videos.

Quick tip to all…If you find yourself ever overwhelmed or lost temporarily, make sure you have Katie’s site bookmarked. She has so much to teach and sometimes it is just good to hear her reassuring self for 5 minutes to get you back on track.

Seth V