How To Create And Optimize Your Facebook Fan Page

Having a Facebook fan page is an integral part of establishing your own brand and presence within the social networks.

Fan pages were designed for celebrities, bands, businesses, and public figures to promote their brands to the public.  Unlike a personal Facebook account where you’re limited to 5,000 friends, there are no limits or restrictions to the number of fans or followers you can have with a fan page.

When you build up a fan base and people are interacting on your page, this will automatically drive more traffic back to your blog or site and dramatically increase your visibility within Facebook… Not only that, but fan pages can also get ranked in the search engines, so this is definitely something you want to take action on!

I made a step by step training video for you below where I teach you how to create your fan page, how to optimize it with different applications, and how to promote it on your blog:

You can become a fan of my fan page at http://fanpage.connectwithkatie.com

There are many other applications and features that can be shared about fan pages… So if you have any other favorite applications or ideas to share with the community, please do so by leaving a comment below!  And please let me know how you liked the video as well.

Don’t forget to share this with your Facebook friends and Twitter followers, too!  Re-tweets and Facebook promotions are always appreciated!  Thanks a bunch and I’ll talk with you again soon!

To Your Success,

AD7284B544DA527F4F71B7C89166F25F How To Create And Optimize Your Facebook Fan Page

• more How To Create And Optimize Your Facebook Fan Page

Ken Pickard December 17, 2009 at 9:00 am

Great video about leveraging one of Facebook’s best features. Some of the benefits are not only unlimited fans or potential business partners, but its the preferred method for marketing just about anything.

I really liked how to added the Twitter and Youtube stream. Another cool feature I’m learning about is how to make a custom tab using the Facebook’s FBML.

Ken Pickard
The Network Dad
.-= Ken Pickard´s last blog ..6 Reasons Why You Need a Blogging Alliance =-.

Donny Gamble December 17, 2009 at 9:20 am

If you want to build any kind of Tribe
or following, you need your own Facebook
fan page.

Thank you Katie for providing great insights
on how to go about optimizing and setting
up your page correctly. Lots of people need
to know this information and I will share this
post with my subscribers
.-= Donny Gamble´s last blog ..Why You Need to Take Your Network Marketing Business Online =-.

James Humphrey December 17, 2009 at 9:57 am

WOW thanks for the information Katie! I’ve been reviewing fan pages and designs and really appreciated the insight. For the last few months every time I feel I need something either you write about it or someone else I’m following does.

Fantastic information Thanks again for sharing
.-= James Humphrey´s last blog ..Laws of Attraction and Social Media =-.

Rhonda December 17, 2009 at 10:00 am

Great video Katie! Thanks for sharing! Very informative. I look forward to more of your videos!
.-= Rhonda´s last undefined ..If you register your site for free at =-.

joseph young December 17, 2009 at 10:01 am

great job here on the video. You’d be surprised at how many may miss this important little connection with they and their friends, and prospects.

Great job,
Aloha!

- Joe
.-= joseph young´s last blog ..Open Your Borders Let People In! =-.

Laura December 17, 2009 at 10:08 am

Hey Katie, Great video on creating a fan page. You are right that it is very important to have one. Thanks for always sharing such excellent information!

Therese Miu December 17, 2009 at 10:12 am

I thank you for sharing this. I haven’t been able to utilize this just yet but with your help and great resource I now have a guide.

You are always so INCREDIBLE at sharing nuggets with us.
I thank You!

I can’t wait for more of your blogpost!
Love & Light
.-= Therese Miu´s last blog ..A Special Tribute to Jim Rohn His Life a Masterpiece (September 17, 1930 – December 5, 2009) =-.

Jason Kerchner December 17, 2009 at 10:42 am

Thanks for this, Katie. I just created a fan page for myself, but now I know how to pimp it out! Not sure where you find all this stuff, but really appreciate you sharing it!
.-= Jason Kerchner´s last blog ..There Are No Products, Only Services =-.

Kary Rogney December 17, 2009 at 10:46 am

Hey Katie!

Yes, a fan (or business) page is a must…
Especially as Facebook cracks down on
people marketing out of their personal
profile page.

I love the interaction and fun a fan page
brings.

My tribe has chosen to use our fan pages
to help other bloggers syndicate their
content and to help others promote their
valuable information.

By helping others, we are seeing a very
responsive group participate on our pages!

You’re the best!

Kary

(Search: Tribe Syndication Network)
.-= Kary Rogney´s last blog ..Marketing Blind Spots? Does Your Tribe Have Your Back? =-.

Sharlene Stevens December 17, 2009 at 11:33 am

Thanks again for this fabulous information. You make it so easy for someone thats brand new to learn from you. Sometimes it’s just the little things that keep you from getting something figured out.
Your very much appreciated!!
sharlene
.-= Sharlene Stevens´s last blog ..Are We Keeping Ourselves From Success? =-.

Christopher Landgraf December 17, 2009 at 12:23 pm

Thanks for the info Katie, wish you the best in success,have a great week.

Sean Smith December 17, 2009 at 12:43 pm

The info on involver for adding additional applications to your fan page was great info. I was unaware of involver’s services.

Thanks again,

Sean Smith
.-= Sean Smith´s last blog ..Manifesting a New, More Prosperous YOU! =-.

Eric Goldstein December 17, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Hey Katie!

Great training here. Fan pages
are definitely the vehicle to really
brand yourself on Facebook.

The blog widget is a powerful application
to get your visitors from you blog to
join your page.

Thanks for the share!
.-= Eric Goldstein´s last blog ..Creating Abundance In Your Life and Social Media =-.

Aviramk December 17, 2009 at 2:57 pm

HI KAtie
Lovely explanation.
I can feel you are really passionate about it.
I just attended an hotel seminar today that the speaker taught us live about fan pages .

Damayanthi December 17, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Thanks for this very valuable lesson. I do have a fan page, but I never bothered to get a proper URL or promote to my friends.

Thanks again for great information.

Bless you!
.-= Damayanthi´s last blog ..How Cool Is It To Work From Home? =-.

Lindsay Fields December 17, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Thanks Katie! Some very useful info here (as usual). I had my Twitter and YouTube link in my Fan Page’s little info box (you know, the one right below the profile picture) but it felt so cheap. I really wanted to add something more personal. So, the Involver.com tip helps me out a lot.

I have also found that adding the link to my FB Fan Page in my automated Twitter welcome to new followers (DM created with SocialOomph) is a great way to go. I just noticed one day that I was clicking links to other peoples fan pages via Twitter DMs and realized, hey, why don’t I do this too!

Thanks again! You ROCK!
.-= Lindsay Fields´s last blog ..Yoga Class Etiquette =-.

Michael Feil December 17, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Great post and video! I love using my fan (business) page to help people get their valuable content out there! My business partners (my Tribe) and have really pushed the idea of business pages to help not only you grow your business but help other people in the industry grow theirs.

Our system works and people are really starting to catch onto the idea that it’s ok to promote other people’s content. If you give value, value will come back to you!

Michael Feil
.-= Michael Feil´s last blog ..Making A Custom Tab For Your Facebook Fan Page =-.

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah December 17, 2009 at 5:53 pm

No doubt well known persons has more fans than unknown persons.
Who don’t Katie Freiling, will not be her fans.
For persons who feel they are not well known by public for some reasons cause they are shy persons or not engage in any social activities or whatever, no worry just create facebook fan page,
and just follow the tuition of the experts like Katie Freiling.
Katie, will i be your fan? -> http://tinyurl.com/ybsbhrh
Thank you and am waiting for your next article…..

Allie December 17, 2009 at 5:57 pm

Hi Katie, That was another fine,successful lesson and Thank you.

Oren Pardes December 17, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Thanks to you, Katie, I discovered that I actually have “fans” of my own (instead of just being one of yours). Thanks for your continual encouragement and support.

Jodie Thompson December 18, 2009 at 1:30 am

Thank you so much Katie – I’ve started teaching others about the importance of a fan page so your wonderful insight here is highly appreciated.

Much Love,
Jodie x

Christopher Reid December 18, 2009 at 3:14 am

You are awesome. Merry Christmas.
.-= Christopher Reid´s last blog ..How To Add Facebook Friends In Your Sleep. =-.

Beverly December 18, 2009 at 5:41 am

This was awesome. Thanks Katie for the information. I went to my blog and added my badge. You are such a great source of information.
Beverly
.-= Beverly´s last blog ..Losing Weight or Inches, It’s Up To You! =-.

Dave Mackinson December 19, 2009 at 12:58 am

Hey Katie I’ve been reading all your posts the past few weeks you really provide a lot of great information for our Industry. Thanks so much for your help.

Dave :)
.-= Dave Mackinson´s last blog ..(Earn Extra Cash Online) How To Earn Extra Cash Online updated Sat Dec 19 2009 1:59 am CST =-.

Michael Cloke December 19, 2009 at 6:26 am

Ohh! Now I get it! Your personal page is totally seperate from your fan page… And your fan page can be used for identity marketing and business purposes without limitation…

Thank you for the education. I promise to keep up and try harder in 2010

Thank you, Michael.
.-= Michael Cloke´s last blog ..Seven Ways Of Making Blogging Work For You =-.

KathyCastrigno December 19, 2009 at 10:56 am

Just finished your video. Perfect timing as I was putting that on my list of things to learn and do. You are making it more fun and easy for me and probably many others!
.-= KathyCastrigno´s last blog ..Are You Willing to Do For 5 Years What No-One Else Will Do? =-.

Amanda December 19, 2009 at 2:25 pm

Thanks for sharing Katie! Facebook fanpages are essential when taking the next step in social media. 5,000 friends comes very quick on the profile! It’s so nice to be able to reach everyone at once as well! The widget is great for having on the blog and spreading the word that your fanpage exists!

Look forward to more of your great secrets!
.-= Amanda´s last blog ..A Commitment To Continuously Improve…One Babystep At A Time =-.

Carina December 21, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Hi Katie:

Like always, giving us the best information that we can apply right away.

Thanks,
Carina
.-= Carina´s last blog ..Jonathan Budd, How To Be An Incredible Super Star Network Marketer Like Him? =-.

June December 21, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Facebook Fan pages can be a great way to make some extra money.
.-= June´s last blog ..What is the “best” resume format when one significant technical experience but no college degree? =-.

Monica December 21, 2009 at 6:53 pm

This is great information on facebook fan pages. Thank you Katie.
.-= Monica´s last blog ..iDuplicate Event 12/12/09 =-.

Daryl Whicker December 21, 2009 at 8:39 pm

Thank you Katie for sharing this great information. I didn’t know how to do this and the extra value that you shared about the apps and the badge was very generous and helpful.

You’re such a sweetheart!
.-= Daryl Whicker´s last blog ..Do You Have An Interview Process? =-.

Chuck December 23, 2009 at 1:07 am

There is a new thing with Facebook that you are not supposed to use your profile page for commercial gain. That is what the fan page is for.

As far as domain forwarding, you can go to notlong.com and and pick a name to forward it to. For example there is a U of CA video about vitamin D with a complicated URL. So I created one that is easy to remember that forwards you to it. It is http://vit-d.notlong.com All you have to remember is vit-d. For my own website I have http://be-fit.notlong.com so I just remember be-fit. Many names have already been taken, but not with a dash. So they probably have katie taken but then you can use ka-tie.

Chuck December 23, 2009 at 1:24 am

OK so I did it for Katie’s fan page. All you have to remember is katie-f. The idea is to keep it short, hence the name, notlong.com. So you can reach Katie’s fan page by just going to
http://katie-f.notlong.com See how easy that is.

Chuck December 23, 2009 at 1:28 am

I did this for Katie’s fan page.
http://katie-f.notlong.com That is how easy it is.

Coach JT (John Todaro) December 23, 2009 at 10:11 am

The Hawaii trip did you good. You look amazing. The journey you and JB helped put me on inspired me to follow my passion for marketing and get out of the sales rat race in corp. America. Being on the verge of BK for the last 2 1/2 years and fighting thru every obstacle while paying off $39K in credit card debt has built tremendous character. My wife and 3 childern are so important to me as with my relationship to God.

Now my vision is to build a life of Freedom where I have the financial resources, knowledge, and proof to help individuals build a LIFE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES. My long term mission is to use Faith and Fitness to help single mothers provide for their families and provide free services for them. i.e. food, shelter, counseling, wealth creation, personal empowerment, fitness opportunities, etc.

In addition, it is my life long purpose to help wipe out child obesity 1 kid at a time. To give them the tools I know that worked for me over the last 3 years to surrender and focus on my passions. To use Faith and Fitness as the way to help them overcome any obstacle that stands in their way to Empower and Inspire them to follow their purpose and dreams.

God has blessed me with you, JB and the others from the Social Media Mastery course. I have finally taken action and gave my 1st keynote speech on Dec. 10th. Because of you and JB I am in the process of negotiating a huge opportunity that would allow me to tap into over 160,000 people and help this national sales trainer build their online marketing strategy. Using all the knowledge I am learning from you JB, and the others associated with Empowered Entrepreneurs.

From the keynote speech I had 45 people that wanted to attend my free 3 hr. workshop. I like your idea of the 1 hr of coaching. I am going to use that but offer it for free to the 500 people that are interested and give it to everyone that want to take advantage of it. May take a few months but if we can just help one more person it would be worth it.

Have a Merry Christmas,

Coach JT

Kobus Vorster December 23, 2009 at 2:34 pm

HI Katie.
This was a great video, I learned a lot.
I went to a group (that I wrote a article on their company) and did a quick test to request friends in that group.
I did four request and within 30 min I had two friends confirmations.

You are Great
Kobus Vorster
.-= Kobus Vorster´s last blog ..Sales Funnel for your Sales Customer. =-.

Jessica Ojeda December 27, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Thank you for the excellent explanation of how to start a fan page. I just recently launched my own and found your information extremely useful.

I hadn’t even thought of using a subdomain! I am one of those who need that extra video on how that works! lol
.-= Jessica Ojeda´s last blog ..Study Abroad Experiences & Advice =-.

Gil Pizano December 29, 2009 at 3:24 am

Excellent tutorial. I wasn’t aware of some things but you clarified them. Thanks so much for your generous giving of your time and advice.

Take care!

Gil

.-= Gil Pizano´s last blog ..How Good is Encouragement? =-.

Julianna Brower January 2, 2010 at 3:55 am

Comment Love
.-= Julianna Brower´s last blog ..I have my Blog today! =-.

Julianna Brower January 2, 2010 at 3:56 am

Practicing comment love you showed me!
.-= Julianna Brower´s last blog ..I have my Blog today! =-.

Phyllis Ryser January 5, 2010 at 12:11 pm

This very useful information. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Phyllis

Anita Li January 9, 2010 at 11:20 pm

Thank you so much Katie for sharing.
Your wonderful insight here is highly appreciated.

Anita Li

iLearningglobal January 13, 2010 at 3:42 am

Yeah! this is cool stuff. Now I have more reasons to stick on facebook.
Thanks again “, more power to you Katie.

Rose Goddess January 13, 2010 at 11:42 am

Thank you so much Katie! I just edited my own fan page and put in on my blog. Thanks for walking me through it!
.-= Rose Goddess´s last blog ..Wild Chickweed Foraging and Yummy Raw Dip =-.

Emma barretB January 27, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Great Info.
Out of interest, what do you use for your video format. They are very easy to pause, go back and forward to go over particular points.
Emma
.-= Emma barretB´s last blog ..Network Marketing Moms Inspiration, We All Need It! =-.

Dolores Luz January 29, 2010 at 7:28 am

That is so cool, Katie! Thanks so much for sharing. Many people need the info that you shared, just like I do. A lot of times, people see all these fancy icons but don’t know how to proceed. You’ve just made everything doable in a simple way. I’m going to share it to my friends, as well.

Take care.

Mike Gibson February 9, 2010 at 7:17 am

Thanks for the Valuable Info on the fan page… I didnt know it gets ranked in the search engines… THATS HUGE!!!

thanks again
Mike Gibson
.-= Mike Gibson´s last blog ..100 Keyboard Shortcuts =-.

Shannon Tecson March 11, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Thank you Katie, I am reposting to facebook so that I could come back to this in my links library. I am in the process now of creating a fan page, because I have reached the friend limit, so having this now is such perfect timing :)

Hugs from Hawaii,
Shannon
.-= Shannon Tecson´s last blog ..A Lesson Taken From The Movie "Alive" =-.

Yannick van den Bos March 17, 2010 at 1:54 pm

FANTASTIC explanation! You really did a great job!
.-= Yannick van den Bos´s last blog ..5 Steps To Success: Believe In Yourself! (Step 3) =-.

Garry Bateman March 17, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Thanks for the very informative video training session on how to set up a fan page. I will definately be doing this, I see the power that it brings to your personal brand, and how that can make huge differences to you business.

I’m following you intently at the moment, and it’s paying off. Thank you.

Garry