The Key To Going Deeper In Life (A Yoga Insight)

I just love the insights that can surface during yoga class!  The other day, I was trying to maneuver my way into some incredibly deep postures, when my teacher shared a story with us that had a pretty profound impact on me…  Not only did it shift my entire yoga practice, but it also gave me such an incredible insight into the true power of our minds…

yogaposture 234x300 The Key To Going Deeper In Life (A Yoga Insight)

My teacher had been talking with a friend of hers who is an anesthesiologist… And what she has witnessed throughout her career is pretty unbelievable.  She said that when patients are under the effects of the anesthesia, they have the ability to move their limbs and their bodies without any resistance… And they can literally demonstrate the same level of flexibility as a young baby or an experienced yoga guru.

Without the mind limiting or gripping movement, the patient’s bodies could naturally bend and twist in any direction.  And they experienced no pain or injury when they awoke because there was no resistance at all during movement…

As my teacher was telling us this story, she prompted us to start ‘relaxing’ into the difficult postures to just see what happens.  I noticed that as I was trying to get deeper into the posture, my body would tense up and get tighter because it was stretching beyond it’s normal capacity and it was quite uncomfortable.  But I consciously decided to relax into it and let go of any resisting or tension I was holding in my muscles…

Just as I did that, it felt like a new barrier had been crossed.  My body sank so much deeper into the pose than it ever has before… And any feeling of discomfort just melted away.  I was quite shocked at how deep I could really go without any pain when I just ‘let go’ of resisting.

It’s amazing to see how much of a mind-body connection we really have.   Our bodies tense up when our minds are resisting… But when we just relax, let go, and let everything just flow naturally, we can experience a much greater depth and capacity for growth than ever before.

It is quite literally our minds that limit our power… If you truly believed that ANYTHING is possible, you would experience just that.  But all too often, we cut ourselves off from our inherent power because we tense up, we resist life and it’s challenges, and we fail to see that WE are the only ones holding us back in life.

You’ve probably heard the saying ‘What you resist persists’… Well, not only does more of what you DON’T WANT resurface again and again when you resist something, but you also completely block the flow of your potential power to create and manifest.

Non -resistance is actually a spiritual practice that I’ve been applying to my own life for quite some time now.  When you resist something, you’re saying to yourself and to life, ‘this is not okay’.  And when something is not okay, there is struggle.  But if we can learn to just let go of our expectations and desire to control, we can become more of a conduit for life and let energy just flow through us.  Now, this doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t want to change an undesirable situation… It just means that in order to truly create change, we have to let go of resisting the situation first and focus more on the result we DO want.

The times in my life that I’ve felt the most empowered have been the times when I’ve just let go of my mind’s grip on life.  That’s when I naturally re-align with my internal power and let life’s natural flow live and operate through me.

When you resist something, you create tension and struggle… And that can either be in your body, such as in yoga, or in your life.  So I ask you, where are you resisting life right now?  Where are you experiencing tension, difficulty, or unhappiness?  And I encourage you to take some time and really reflect on those situations… What do you tell yourself about it?  Is this really the result you’d like to create for yourself?

The more we start to understand and tap into the power of our minds, the more we can shift our entire lives and current situations around in an instant.  But first, we have to let go of our own resistance.  Accept where you are at in your life right now and know that that’s exactly where you are supposed to be.  Why?  Because that’s what is!  After you accept what is, you open yourself up to truly create and manifest change.

So all we really need to do is become aware of the struggle and tension we’ve created for ourselves, and let go of our resistance to it.  Once we do, we’ll be like open channels for creation, flow, and joy.  And the depth that is possible becomes virtually unlimited…

;-)

Yours in Joy,

AD7284B544DA527F4F71B7C89166F25F The Key To Going Deeper In Life (A Yoga Insight)

P.S.  If you enjoyed this post today, do me a favor and use the ‘retweet’ button down below to share it with your Twitter friends and followers (You can also share it on Facebook, Digg, or any of the other sites you see below as well).  And I’d love to get your feedback… What do you think about non-resistance?  Please share with the community any stories or insights you’ve had when you just let go… Thanks so much!

• more The Key To Going Deeper In Life (A Yoga Insight)

Judy September 29, 2009 at 9:35 am

What a great observation your teacher made. We are truly so much more powerful than we believe, and the only thing standing between us and fantastic success, whether on the yoga mat, in the office, or at play, is fear. When we relax into whatever we are doing, energy flows smoothly, and we are able to achieve our goals. Thank you for the wonderful reminder.

~Judy
.-= Judy´s last blog ..2) Where did it come from? =-.

Beverly Monical September 29, 2009 at 9:37 am

I love this Katie. Your mind can keep you from doing many things. Thanks for the great article.
Beverly
.-= Beverly Monical´s last blog ..Weight or Fat Loss is Easily Achieved Once These 3 Keys Are Understood =-.

Eric Goldstein September 29, 2009 at 9:42 am

Excellent post Katie!

There really is so much POWER
in letting go… and allowing
our bodies to re-align with our
energy source.

Super VALUE here, thank you!
.-= Eric Goldstein´s last blog ..All You Need Is Love… It Really Is! =-.

Lindsay Fields September 29, 2009 at 9:45 am

Love this! Biography creates biology. We hold on to so much in our bodies. What is amazing about it is that it means we have the ability to heal literally any illness or affliction. We can let it all go – emotions, depression, tension, pain, illness. One of my favorite things about yoga is how is connects us with our bodies. We are our bodies and our conciousness resides throughout it, even though it seems like “we” or “me” or what makes us “us,” is somewhere up in our head. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely be retweeting!

Lindsay
.-= Lindsay Fields´s last blog ..Yoga for Depression =-.

Fredric September 29, 2009 at 9:55 am

Such a wonderful insight! What pose were you “going deeper” into then ever before? I practice “surrender” often in all aspects of my life both personal and professional. It’s very liberating to simply “let go” and relinquish the need to control things. It’s good to first identify the resistance so then we can make a “shift” and let it naturally slip away. Om Shanti.

Fredric
.-= Fredric´s last blog ..Twitter As A Marketing Tool, Part 1: How To Build An Army Of Loyal Followers! =-.

Katie Freiling September 29, 2009 at 10:14 am

Hey Frederic, it was actually the pose that you see in that picture above! Thanks so much for sharing your comment with us! Namaste :)

Chris Kilber September 29, 2009 at 9:59 am

I just love transitional stories from real day occurrences and life in general and the “Aha!” moments we encounter when we take the time to absorb and contemplate life’s lessons from our instructors, mentors, and experienced teachers of life and business.

I earned a blackbelt in TaeKwonDo years ago. I had knee surgery on my knee 10 years prior and told myself I would go through it till my knee gave way. It never did and 4 years later I was taking the grueling 2.5 hour test and doing competitive sparring. Why I was even MN state champ one year.

Thanks for reminding that it’s the mind that controls the body and the mind that controls what we manifest out of our experiences. :0)
.-= Chris Kilber´s last blog ..Can Your Marketing Have a MVP Season? =-.

Katie Freiling September 29, 2009 at 10:16 am

Nicely said Chris! Thanks so much for sharing!

RJBriscoe September 29, 2009 at 10:01 am

Katie:
Great info…just like with a racehorse…don’t hold him back with the tight reins…loosen up and relax and he will go foward like the wind…
I need to get into Yoga…
.-= RJBriscoe´s last blog ..YOU CAN’T HAVE SUCCESS AND A “FREE RIDE” YOU MUST CHOOSE… =-.

Kim Pottle September 29, 2009 at 10:05 am

What a beautiful reminder for us! When I was practicing Bikram Yoga I was amazed at how much deeper I could go when I let go of my resistance. I love that you sent this post out to help other people apply it to their lives as well. There’s a great physical example that I found last week from Tony Robbins (Interview with Frank Kern and John Reese)http://tonyrobbinstraining.com/. It’s worth a watch to see the quick and easy example you can do to shift the way your body behaves.

Relax, visualize where you want to be and enjoy your success when you get there! Thanks for your post.

~ Kim

Kim Pottle September 29, 2009 at 10:10 am

Darn…that link didn’t post for you…Tony Robbins interview with Frank Kern and John Reese http://www.tonyrobbinstraining.com
.-= Kim Pottle´s last blog ..Be Your Own Hero =-.

Katie Freiling September 29, 2009 at 10:17 am

Hey Kim, you’re awesome! Thanks for sharing that link with the community! I love Tony Robbins and Frank Kern… There’s much to learn from both of them!

Kaushal Aras September 29, 2009 at 10:14 am

Hi Katie;
Nice tip on letting go and allowing to flow. Hope you are well
Kaushal

Michael Cloke September 29, 2009 at 10:29 am

Balance of body and mind are the corner stone of business success.

Today, I will allow my dreams to come to the fore and completely let go of resisting.

No mind, no body, no resistance..nothing.. :) Then everything will change, in an instant.
.-= Michael Cloke´s last blog ..The Marketing Funnel – A Simple & Effective Marketing Tool =-.

GK Eckert September 29, 2009 at 10:35 am

Real great info, Katie. I’m definitely working on letting go of resistance in my life, little bit by little bit. Couldn’t agree more with what you said.

GK
.-= GK Eckert´s last blog ..Submissions Closing Date is September 30th =-.

Linda G. Cox September 29, 2009 at 10:36 am

Yes! We can shift our entire lives and current situations around in an instant when we truly accept our situation as what it is!. As we see it as what we want, or want it as what we see! What comes first? Where does it start?
Thank you Katie!
.-= Linda G. Cox´s last blog ..Honesty Comes in Levels =-.

Clyde Ensslin September 29, 2009 at 10:50 am

Katie, that’s a great story and image illustrating how you were able to “relax into” the very place you encountered resistance and how by doing so you overcame the resistance. I will focus on practicing that as I work to overcome self-imposed limitations that often hold me back and prevent me from realizing my potential. Thank you for sending. It is very helpful to me! Clyde

Debbie Wood September 29, 2009 at 10:56 am

Great post Katie! It reminds me of the exercise that Tony Robbins does where he has you close you eyes and reach as far as you can around yourself and mark the spot. Then he has you visualize going further around and it’s amazing how much further you go the second time. I didn’t have any trouble believing it, but when your teenagers are amazed, it’s pretty powerful.

Thanks again for the great stuff you always produce!
.-= Debbie Wood´s last blog ..10 Top Reasons to Build a Wordpress Blog =-.

Debbie Wood September 29, 2009 at 10:57 am

This reminds me of the exercise that Tony Robbins does where he has you close you eyes and reach as far as you can around yourself and mark the spot. Then he has you visualize going further around and it’s amazing how much further you go the second time. I didn’t have any trouble believing it, but when your teenagers are amazed, it’s pretty powerful.

Thanks again for the great stuff you always produce!
.-= Debbie Wood´s last blog ..10 Top Reasons to Build a Wordpress Blog =-.

Zack Covell September 29, 2009 at 11:11 am

When I read this Katie it reminded me of when I was in early college as a decathlete. I was a high jumper and at 5′ 10″ was having to compete with other men who stood over 6′ 6″ in many cases. As you know we were jumping the bar and we’d have to contort our bodies into crazy-wild positions to get over that height.

My experience was similar in that one day a couple of competitors were challenging me to jump a new PR (personal record) of 6′ 8″ and I was hesitant. I looked around and many eyes were on me so I only became more nervous.

I CLEARED THE BAR !!! How did that happen. I didn’t think…and my body was so bent (the back of my head touched my heels in mid-air) I flew over a new PR no problem.

The mind over matter mantra and the feeling I had afterwards sticks with me today. Everyone cheered and the guys who were challenging me were frustrated because they didn’t think I could do it…

“Thoughts Held in Mind Create Their Own Kind” – Unless you’re not thinking at all and just going with the flow.

Z

Nikolai September 29, 2009 at 11:35 am

Excellent post Katie.

Thank you for helping people tap into their inner selves and regain their power.

The concept of letting it go and surrender sounds so simple and easy. At the same time it is one of the hardest practices to master.

The GOOD NEWS is that the first step into mastering this amazing spiritual truth is by acknowledging it and experimenting with it.

Once you experience the power of this spiritual law you’ll fall in love wit it.You will be encouraged to keep on experimenting and sharing it.

It always has worked for me. Anytime I relax and focus on what I want miracles start happenning and new even better ideas start flooding from nowhere.

Thanks for sharing.

Nikolai The GOOD NEWS

Rodney Jansen September 29, 2009 at 11:42 am

One’s Thoughts create a vibration and energy that will either serve you or hold you back. Your thoughts are your reality.

Thoughts create ideas, ideas become actions,actions form habits, habits develop character, your character deterimines your destiny.
.-= Rodney Jansen´s last blog ..Read this article and save hundreds of dollars =-.

Corin September 29, 2009 at 12:21 pm

This is what Yoga is supposed to be. It is the feminine Devi concept of release and surrender. I teach the ultimate Devi Yoga- KaliRay TriYoga®- worth experiencing! After experiencing the extreme bliss and surrender through this system I can’t go back to any other kind of yoga!

Thanks for sharing Katie. Question- how do you get a cool online signature like the one you have? Do you have a link for where you can create a signature image like that? Blessings!

Katie Freiling September 29, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Hi Corin! Yes, yoga is definitely an expression of feminine energy with receptivity and surrender :) And here’s the link I got my signature from: http://www.mylivesignature.com/

John Paul September 29, 2009 at 12:33 pm

First of all – i LOVE your signature. If that is your own penmanship then you have mastered the italic style!

Second, there is a principal in quantum mechanics called Quantum Coherence that speaks to the exact same principle you are presenting. I talk about it on my blog if you are interested in reading about that kind of stuff.

It is SO cool because when it is applied in our world we get NO RESISTANCE and can even reverse entropy in our world – of all things! Cool huh?

:-JP

Donna Brogan September 29, 2009 at 1:15 pm

That is an awesome pose. I have not done yoga yet but I am doing hypnosis.

It is recorded and I am going to be listening each evening for 30 days. I am on my 4th day. It is awesome how quickly you can relax and feel like you are floating, nothing on your mind except the music and his voice.

Have you ever done it? You feel so free. Thanks for sharing.
.-= Donna Brogan´s last blog ..More Germ Areas And The Most Germy Jobs =-.

KathyCastrigno September 29, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Loved that! That kind of stuff always blows me away. Also more interesting because yesterday I made this 2+minute video on “Resistance”!! .Check it out below
I love when there is synchronicity like that!

Another fact about the mind that is equally as amazing is people with multiple personality disorders can be diabetic needing insulin in one personality and switch to another personality that has no diabetes and requires no insulin. The possibilities here are infinite!!
Thanks again!

Dean Delker September 29, 2009 at 1:33 pm

And not only does this work for our benefit, but it also changes everyone we interact with because of the shift in us. Even someone with no clue will experience more of a taste of the infinite.

Lead On, The Dean of Easy Street

KathyCastrigno September 29, 2009 at 1:39 pm

Love that stuff!
It’s also a fact that people with multiple personality disorder can be diabetic and require insulin in one personality and be completely free of the disease in another personality!

Funny synchronicity – I just made a video yesterday evening on “resistance”. Check it out.

Thanks again!!

Ken Pickard September 29, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Katie, Incredible insight on how our mind and body are connected. I am constantly reminded that we are the ones who get in our own way of becoming more or reaching our true potential.

I love the analogy you painted about “letting go” actually serves you more. We are able to dig deeper, have an awakening, and reach those goals that seemed impossible to reach.

As parents of 5 kids, my wife and I are constantly being pulled in MANY directions. With all the school and sports activities we are always on the go, and the stress and pressure mounts at times. But when we let go, relax, and roll with it we noticed that we are able to get more done in the day then expected.

We are finding creative ways to divide and concur the responsibilities of a demanding schedule. We even find times for ourselves as rare as it might be.

Ken Pickard
The Network Dad
.-= Ken Pickard´s last blog ..My Tribe =-.

Diana Janz September 29, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Great insight! Thank you for sharing. Diana

Paul Norwine September 29, 2009 at 3:40 pm

I am getting more and more involved with Yoga and am already beginning to see the physical benefits but am still struggling with the “quieting of the mind” / meditative aspects that most people claim regular practice initiates. This meditative state is part of the draw for me but I haven’t been able to achieve it yet. Just curious if this is part of what Yoga does for you and, if so, if you have any pointers for beginners as to how to progress to this phase?

Also, I have to second Kim’s comment that the exercise outlined in the Tony Robbins, Frank Kern, and John Reese video is a great physical example of what you talk about in this post – if any of you haven’t watched this video I highly recommend it.

Paul
.-= Paul Norwine´s last blog ..What Golf Can Teach Us About Our Online Businesses =-.

Meredith Self September 29, 2009 at 3:57 pm

ahh, yes. go into, embrace…not away from.

lovely perception. thanks for sharing, Katie.

Meredith

Andre September 29, 2009 at 4:07 pm

asleep, snored at the end of the class, and made many people laugh!), I can relate to what you’re saying.

Thanks again Katie for your inspiring posts! An WOW that’s a difficult yoga pose! How long did it take you until you could do that?

Andre
.-= Andre´s last blog ..Your Blog is Key for Real, Long-Term Success With Social Media =-.

Kyle Riegle September 29, 2009 at 4:10 pm

Very True! I was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease almost two years ago. When My doctor told me, I thought she was about to tell me I had X amount of time left! However, after I was told that I had this “Life altering disease,” I decided I wouldn’t let the disease affect my life!

To this day anyone I meet is amazed that I have the disease! “I”….”I”…..”I” I have mentally made the decision that Crohn’s will not slow me down!

Mentally make the decision to commit, and go for whatever it is you may desire!

bruce edwin September 29, 2009 at 4:39 pm

Katie, what a beautiful image of you, and message. Your work proves that wisdom can readily surpass years. Thank you for this insight. Bruce Edwin, http://www.TheHollywoodSentinel.com

Andre September 29, 2009 at 4:40 pm

love your post, thanks for sharing this! As someone whose back is less flexible than a granny’s (I found out about this in an asana yoga class 4 years ago, where I fell asleep and snored at the end of the class, and made many people laugh!), I can relate to what you’re saying.

Yes, every resistance that manifests in your physical body is merely a symptom of something deeper. Same goes with every resistance in your mind. Surrendering to the greater power (doesn’t matter what you want to call it) and realizing that it is within you and you are THAT, is how you get over the resistance but it’s not easy.

“Yoga” it its truest sense means Unification with the Divine, and we achieve Yoga when we can surrender totally. Not easy :-)… To help with this, I’ve been following Reiki Tummo & Master Yoga program for years, which purpose is to learn surrendering and achieve Yoga in one lifetime.

Thanks again Katie for your inspiring posts!

Andre

Sue Vittner September 29, 2009 at 4:40 pm

Katie, so well put! Thank you for reminding us to get out of our own way. That relaxing into a pose in yoga and in our minds is probably the most liberating feeling in the world.

I was massaging a girl a month or so ago and it was a chair massage. She had shoulder pain and for some reason while I was working on her hands ( I think I hit a spot that was really sensative) she passed out!!! Luckily I caught her as she was falling… She just went limp. Te first thing she said as she came to was, ” my shoulder doesn’t hurt anymore!”. She had let go of resistance!

Imagine what won’t hurt in our lives when we can really let go. And, gosh…all of the success that’s waiting to come into our lives!

Thanks so much!
.-= Sue Vittner´s last blog ..Work From Home Travel Business – TVI Express =-.

Darrel K Griggs d September 29, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Thanks Katie, You are pushing all the correct buttons. God made us in his own image, and yes we can do more than we could ever image in our life! Without God we are hopeless! May God bless you and give you all your dreams! I feel i know you from a dream i had once. LOL Thanks so much!!!!!
Darrel Griggs

Rose Goddess September 29, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Thanks Katie! Very true and inspiring post:) I agree 100%! Whenever I feel myself resisting something I love to just take a deep breath and remind myself that everything is perfect just how it is right now…
.-= Rose Goddess´s last blog ..Maca Thai Dressing with Kelp Noodles =-.

Jordan Klimp September 29, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Yes Katie! Perfect! You make my heart sing! ~The path of least resistance is our path of greatest joy, and new found delight!
.-= Jordan Klimp´s last blog ..Integrating Empowerment & Financial Freedom =-.

Ross Joyner September 29, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Katie, I loved the piece. You are truly a great writer. You make thing so clear a small child could understand… I would love to be able to write like that.Thanks “You are Gifted and I am grateful to have found you. :-)
.-= Ross Joyner´s last blog ..Law of attraction and Personal Branding. “What do they have in common?” =-.

Chuck September 29, 2009 at 8:17 pm

I have been doing yoga since age 12. A lot of my tweets are about yoga. Resistance comes from identifying with what you are not. In reality, you are everything.

The book, The Ashtavakra Gita, is all about you. It says “You are not the body, nor is the body yours, nor are you the doer of actions or the reaper of their consequences. You are eternally pure consciousness, the witness, in need of nothing — so live happily. 15.4″

Crasty September 29, 2009 at 8:40 pm

In truth, immediately i didn’t understand the essence. But after re-reading all at once became clear.

Fathi Ridwan Basalamah September 29, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Yep Katie, you are right. Yoga and Tai Chi have the same principle that is to keep our mind floating like water.
In Aikido the movement of non resistance became the power itself.

Therese Miu September 30, 2009 at 12:47 am

Katie, I truly enjoyed this post & I want to thank you. I have been practicing yoga for some time now. I realized that as I keep practicing the movement, breath, and the flow that my life literally reached to a higher level of consciousness. Something about bringing the mind, body, and soul as one that rejuvenates our very essence. It’s like all that worries you, depresses you, or anything that makes you doubt dissolves into nothingness. Life becomes more FREE. More Joyful. More fulfilling. Becoming More Open & expansive is beautiful.

Thanks for this post =)
.-= Therese Miu´s last blog ..Hello world! =-.

Dens September 30, 2009 at 3:47 am

It’s amazing how we often have to consciously and willfully let go of feelings, and situations and people in order to be ‘free’ to move forward.

I attend a contemporary dance class where I’ve discovered how tension stifles and restricts movement and creativity. As a result of consciously ‘letting go’I am beginning to enjoy a freedom in dance not known before.

When it comes marketing and selling we often have to consciously let go of negative thoughts, fear of failure, and the negativity of other people.

One of the books I’m reading at the moment is “If My Product’s SO GREAT How come I Can’t Sell It?” by Kim Klaver. She points out that we need to let go of the 9 out of 10 who won’t buy. I found that a very liberating thought and it’s made a considerable difference to the way I market and sell my products. I no longer feel the need to convince every prospect that they need my products. I now just relax and be myself and spontaneously share my own passion for the products and as a result I am sought out by people of like mind.

Yesterday I went to a bank to open a new business account. Surprisingly the bank advisor asked me what it was that energised and motivated me. As I immediately began to ‘choose my words carefully’ I realised that trying to avoid being missunderstood or being thought of as a complete nutter. So, I said that it’s my ‘spirituality’ that is my geat motivator.

When I heard myself saying these words I thought, ‘how bland’, ‘how lacking in conviction’, because it was a fear response. What I should have said was, ‘it’s my relationship with God is what energises, motivates, and gives purpose and direction to my life. It’s the experience of His love in Jesus that is the reason that I am free and empowered to fully live life, and have a desire to help others achieve their destiny and fully develop their potential. It is my relationship with God that sets my mind and emotions free to aspire to the ‘impossible’, “for with God nothing is impossible” Luke 1:37 As Jesus said “If the Son shall set you free you shall be free indeed” John 8:36.

Some may not like my testimony, just as some will not like HERBALIFE products that I sell. However, other peoples ‘dislikes’ doesn’t actually say anything about our life-experience or the products we sell. All I can say is that Jesus and HERBALIFE have transformed my life. I am energised by both in different ways. One gives nourishment to my soul, the other to my body, and as a result I am energised and motivated to develop my business to serve and encourage others to be all that they can be.

Instead of being hung up about not being ‘liked’ by everyone, we need to let go of that expectation and let ourselves be free to help those who value us and appreciate what we have to offer. And at the same time if we can allow ourselves to be ‘open’ to what others have to share then we will learn and be blessed in unexpected ways.

Thanks for sharing, Katie.

Web Career Girl September 30, 2009 at 6:00 am

This is very true and applies to so many areas of life. I’ve realised that powerful link between mind and body for a while, but it still takes time to really practice it and to truly let your mind relax and go with the flow. It’s such an important thing to learn though, as it helps you achieve more and more.
.-= Web Career Girl´s last blog ..HubPages On Hold =-.

Jason Kerchner September 30, 2009 at 11:58 am

This reminds me of something called a non-newtonian fluid. In science terms, this is a fluid whose flow properties are not described by a single constant value of viscosity.

In non-science terms, the harder you hit it, the harder it gets.

For example, if you punch a non-newtonian, the impact will cause the surface of the liquid to harden and your fist will be stopped. However, if you SLOWLY push your hand into it, it will sink in with no problem.

So many people try to force their way through their problems, rather than searching for different solutions. Take a step back. Relax. Think. Life does not have to be made up of forced struggles.
.-= Jason Kerchner´s last blog ..How to Become More Efficient =-.

Eric Carter September 30, 2009 at 12:33 pm

Katie! This is fabulous, thank you for posting your experience. We as humans are naturally attached to comfort, so we fight discomfort. When we can “let go” we really are opening up to efficiency.

The energy wasted on fighting our circumstance, usually drains us more than simply facing the impact of whats being resisted!

Again thank you!
.-= Eric Carter´s last blog ..Absolving Fear =-.

Niro Thambipillay September 30, 2009 at 4:29 pm

A great article. By letting go, we truly allow ourselves to connect to our infinite power. It is something many of us know but doing it consistently is where the power comes.

Regards,

Niro
.-= Niro Thambipillay´s last blog ..15 Tips to Increase Your Productivity, Reduce Stress, Be More Relaxed and Have Greater Peace of Mind =-.

Dr. Sudeep Shroff September 30, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Once again well said! I always like the expression coming out of your soul.

I strongly believe in ‘The Power Of Letting Go’. Our Ego defences hold us from manifesting the deep seated self-expression. When we let go of those Ego-driven defences and surrender ourselves in the hands of the SOURCE of all creations, magic happens!

I would also like to quote here what Dr. Wayne Dyer always says,
“Let go, and Let God!”

Life is to express, not to control and fix!

Keep posting and sharing.
.-= Dr. Sudeep Shroff´s last blog ..Fixing Vs. Expressing Yourself =-.

Mike Davion October 1, 2009 at 1:35 am

I am new to your site and enjoyed your post very much. It is amazing how much our minds really do limit our actions, only once we learn how to let go can begin to truly live.

Regards,

Mike
.-= Mike Davion´s last blog ..Your 7 day program to self improvement =-.

Saundra Washington October 1, 2009 at 11:12 am

We all hold ourselves back in so many ways. Thanks, Katie, for reminding us that we can do anything if we have the presence of mind and the courage to let go.
.-= Saundra Washington´s last blog ..Blog or Website? =-.