A Spring-Cleaning For The Body… Time For A Detox!

Spring is such a beautiful time of year… Flowers start blooming, nature comes to life again after the winter, and it symbolizes a time for new beginnings.  Spring is a time to reflect on the old patterns and habits of the past and clear the way for a new intention… Out with the old, make room for the new.

Most people do a spring cleaning for their homes and offices during this time of year to clear out space and get their lives organized again.  But since our bodies are the vehicle in which we experience this thing called life, it makes a lot of sense to clean out our sensory filters…

So I’ve decided to do a little spring cleaning myself!  I’m doing a 14 day cleanse to clear out any build up of toxins and literally clean my body from the inside out. Not only is a cleanse great in the physical sense, but it’s also symbolic for helping us clear out old emotions, patterns, and habits that no longer serve us.  My intention here is really to get more focus, clarity, and inner harmony within my body.

I’ve tried different types of cleanses before, but this time I’ve decided to try something new.  I’m going to do a 2 week raw food cleanse with some natural herbs for detoxing.  I’ve never really tried the whole raw food thing before, but it does make a lot of sense…

You see, when we cook food, we destroy all of the naturally occurring enzymes.  Enzymes are small proteins that act as ‘catalysts’ or transformative agents in the body.  They are intra-cellular communicators and are responsible for helping us break down old cooked food residues and stagnation.

In the physical sense, they are essential for overcoming digestive lethargy…  But on a more holistic level, enzymes help us to overcome life’s ruts and setbacks.  They have the ability to raise our level of consciousness.

There are many other reasons to choose a raw food diet and if I tried to cover all of them, you’d be here all day reading this post!  The point is not to convince you that a raw food diet is better, but just to inform you of the reasons why I’m choosing to do a raw food cleanse.

Like I said, I’ve never done it before, so I really don’t know what to expect.  I’ll keep you updated and let you know how it goes!  Leave me a comment down below if you’ve ever tried a cleanse, detox, or a raw food diet and let me know what you’ve experienced!  I’d love to get your feedback.

And If You’d Like To Share This Post, Go Ahead And Tweet It Using The Form Below. Let’s Start A Discussion In The Community icon smile A Spring Cleaning For The Body... Time For A Detox!

Twitter Username:
Twitter Password:

This information is not stored and only one tweet will be sent

Powered by Viral Tweets

• more A Spring Cleaning For The Body... Time For A Detox!

Therese Miu May 8, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Hello Katie! Great Job. Im doing the same but with baby step. Im going Vegetrian first and move on to Vegan. I heard 80% Carbs (mostly fruit) 10% Protein 10% Fat. Also reading books by Dr. Douglas Graham Raw Foodist (his been Vegan for 27 years).
I hope this is helpful. Keep us posted for sure.

Ansub Chaudry May 8, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Try a massage and foot massage. Then get a colon cleanse and get tested for any type of parasites in your colon.

Get a new haircut, manicure, pedicure, facial. Try some yoga and also some meditation. Get your teeth whitened. Do some skin care. Drink water, stop drinking soda and sugar filled drinks. Stop smoking if you do.

Tina Fields May 8, 2009 at 5:03 pm

I have done a few cleanses in the past but never a raw food cleanse but I have been thinking about doing it and you have inspired me.

One product that I love that is all natural and cleanses your digestive system and your liver is called Flor-essence. You can find it at The Vitamin shoppe and most health stores. It is a tea that you drink twice a day and actually tastes pretty good. No sweeteners, nothing artificial at all. I actually enjoy it and use it in place of my coffee when I am cleansing.

Thanks for the inspiration to do my next cleanse. :)

Tatyana Gann May 8, 2009 at 5:05 pm

Go to http://www.teavana.com and find their location in San Diego area.
Then get Six Summmits Oolong tea or Jasmine Ooolong tea they are for detox.. Works great..

I got Jasmine oolong tea. very strong.. you would LOVE them!!

Hope it helps.

Also eat rasberries a cup of them flashes out unnecessary fluids and detoxes our kidneys..

Tatyana

Rachel May 8, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Good luck with your cleanse! Is there anything that you are looking to do in particular? Or just a whole-body cleanse? When I am eating what I call HIGH-RAW, I love doing Green Smoothies.

Do you have a Vita-Mix? You should get one. Check out my video when I first got my Vita-Mix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhCmu4EPCsU)

I love making Green Smoothies because they alkaline the body and it’s a great way to get a few services of leafy greens.

My favorite?

2 Handfuls of baby spinach
1 banana
A few slices of pineapple
Juice of one orange

Just enough ice to make it cold, NOT slushy. And water.

Yum yum!

These will stabilize your blood sugar too and give you energy.

I also like to do Grapefruit/Citrus cleansing to help with the lymphatic system. You are a tiny girl, but it helps with stubborn fat deposits and cellulite.

My favorite Citrus meal replacement is:

1-2 Grapefruits
1 Orange
1 Lemon
Pineapple
ice & water

I make it the consistency to a margarita. OLE!

Here is my Juice Cleansing Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwm8hXldcXI

In the mood for cookies? These are my favorite RAW cookies:

1/2 C. Almonds
1/2 C. Cashews
1/4 C. dried pineapple
1 medjool date, pitted
3 T. coconut flakes
(optional: 3-4 T of oats or bran)

Blend all together til fine chunks. You want to leave it a little chunky for texture.

Pour mixture in bowl and add:
2 T. of agave syrup
Water if necessary

Make into patties/balls and roll in coconut flakes. Refrigerate for at least an hour to set.

Toby Lansel May 8, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Dear Katie.
You have just discovered a HUGE business opportunity since
probably 99% of people could greatly benefit from a good “house cleaning”.
If you would like to learn more about this subject, I highly recommend
Dr.Bernard Jensen’s book, “Dr.Jensen’s Guide To Colon Health”.
Also recommended, “Arise And Shine”, by Rich Anderson.
Digestive tract cleansing is the first and most vital step in a whole
body detoxification program.John Thomas book, “Young Again”, is one of the best, if not THE best book ever written on health and age reversal.You have great talent Karie and I am aware of several BIG
business opportunities that I would like to share with you.

Cheers and Blessings,

Toby.

Eric Kiszely May 8, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Katie, Hey there! I am so excited to hear about your on-going experience with the cleansing detox with a Raw food diet. Let me know how that goes! I’m detoxing with a supplement called Glutathione. It is naturally occuring in the body and is a much more potent Anti-oxidant than the popular Açai berry – helps to remove heavy metals (from licking on objects that were painted with a lead based paint as a kid – HA) :) as well as boosting the immune system and reparation of the body systems on a cellular level. Winning!

Are you incorporating any specific exercise, like Yoga or light Cardio to help the detox process? How much water do you drink a day?
Also, do you have a meditation practice developed for yourself?

Curious minds want to know! ;)

Be well – Blessings, Light and Love!

anthrovolution May 8, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Happy cleansing. :)

There are numerous great cleansing formulas and techniques available, but they require time and research and $$.

Here is the cheap and easy and fun one.

Eat nothing but watermelon for a few days. Add a little salt to keep your electrolytes up, and maybe a multivitamin if you feel you need that. If you have a juicer you can also take juiced collard greens instead of a multivitamin. The greens taste like crap but they are loaded with nutrients. The watermelon has plenty of sugar to keep your metabolism humming. After a few days you should notice that your body begins to adapt to the watermelon and your bowels, which may have been in shock for awhile, settle down. At that time all the gunk in your system should have been scrubbed out by the fiber in the melon.

Marilyn May 8, 2009 at 5:23 pm

A great way to detox and relax and relieve muscle pain and general overall healing is to use a far infrared therapy pad such as the Biomat. The far infrared light waves open up the cells so they can release waste and toxins including heavy metals. The mat is much easier to use than sitting in a sauna since you can deeply relax and release tension and toxins at the same time. It is also the best power nap ever since after 15-20 minutes of deep relaxation you get up feeling rejuvenated. We give free demos in many areas of the country….including Del Mar. Check it out.

Marilyn

Charles Fuchs May 8, 2009 at 5:42 pm

Awesome… I just did my detox picture :-)! Try Amazing Greens…… just the wheat grass. Its the best Natural Detox!

Jason Rotman May 8, 2009 at 6:04 pm

That’s what I am talking about :)

Nice. Excited to hear how it goes.

Thank you for sharing all you do, have the best day

Steph Perez May 8, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Hey Katie..

Funny you posted this! I have been considering this too – and now its kind of confirmation.

But there are so many out there…I agree.

I have the book “Skinny Bitch” so I will see if they recommend cleansing techniques and sources.

Steph Perez

Maureen May 8, 2009 at 6:18 pm

I think a raw vegan cleanse is the best way to go…but it is kind of hard. I really like incorporating whole fruit smoothies into the plan. Banana, strawberry and spinach is really tasty- One cleanse I’ve always wanted to do but just haven’t is a liver cleanse. I’m kind of afraid of the whole “stones” part of it, but I understand you feel amazing once you are completely free of them. It can take 6 months in a row or a bit more for some! Good Luck with your cleanse

George Prince May 8, 2009 at 6:30 pm

Hello, I say your video. Thanks very much. I am also a thin little weed and I ate and lived on a farm for all my life until I joined the army last year. I can see what you are talking about. Nothing has come close to the satisfaction and total fulfillment that our home grown cooking. has. We operated a 40 by 100 foot garden. We grew and canned everything, including fruit from our orchard.
On this not I come across a site that might help you or others desireing to eat truly healthily and does put that subject into real perspective. I put this site together myself and I thought it would be helpful for every one.

George Prince May 8, 2009 at 6:33 pm

This post may or may not be relavent to the topic but I really desire to share my families experences with every one. In fact my adopted daughter is about to graduate from her Navy training boot camp. See this in her very own personal hand written letters: http://www.princefamily33.com

Kirschan May 8, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Try googling Oxypowder for a natural – non herbal – digestive tract full clean out… It uses oxegen and It really works.. :-0)

I have done a full 7day water fast also .. this is good for cleaning out the system as well.. But much harder to do than vegan…

Good Luck!!!

Take care and God Bless

Kirschan

FRANK CESARIO May 8, 2009 at 6:39 pm

I have 2 products that will do the detox for you every day of the year. why only detox annually? these products restore the enzymes that are killed when you cook food above 118 degrees f. your digestive tract can be cleansed 24/7s. They are “essentials for life” & “digest a meal”. They are and do just what they are called. See them at:
You will not be disappointed!
~~~FRANK~~~

David Farley May 8, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Great idea to clean out your body – how would you like it if you were able to have a constant detox using a product that is all natural and you can continue to eat the foods you want, without any stimulants that will hurt your body in the long run? Plus, this product places your body in an alkaline state, so those who find it hard to lose weight will see their weight slowly disappear. Check out my website below for more information or contact me to see how you can get the product today!
A professional dietitian has researched many detox products and she has emphatically proclaimed that this product is the best detox product or solution available that she has ever seen (she has been looking into solutions and products like this for over 10 years).
Good luck and may your life be a celebration!

David Farley May 8, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Great idea to clean out your body – how would you like it if you were able to have a constant detox using a great tasting product that is all natural and you can continue to eat the foods you want, without any stimulants that will hurt your body in the long run? Plus, this product places your body in an alkaline state, so those who find it hard to lose weight will see their weight slowly disappear. Check out my website below for more information or contact me to see how you can get the product today!
Good luck and may your life be a celebration!

Steven Kent May 8, 2009 at 7:22 pm

You are looking great as always. “Cleansing” is definitely a subject to gather much insight before participating. Not to scare people, but there are “systems’ out there which can do damage or deplete nutrients.

A basic foundation to guage a healthy cleanse by: The cleanest burning fuel for the body are healthy fats (For your energy, I suggest avocados, raw nuts etc.). Sugars are not a clean burning source and cause the body to become acidic. Note: Most starches, especially white ones, convert directly into sugars. Carrots are high in sugar and so are many fruits (stick to the ones that are less sweet…lemons, limes, bluberries, rasberries etc. and avoid evening consumption).

Deep dark greans are a must.

“The Rosedale Diet”, by Dr Ron Rosedale”, will dial you in.

Of course cleansing should not be mentioned without plenty of clean, pure drinking water, preferrably on the alkaline end of PH.

Next, I prefer a maintenence cleanse over a periodic one. There are good products out there which cleanse and fortify simultaineously.

Lastly, along with the digestive track we also need to consider cleansing of our individual cells. We have several naturally occuring antioxidents or enzymes that serve as the janitors of the cell. Co-enzyme Q10, catalase, Super Oxide Dismutase and most importantly glutathione. Seek to support the body’s production of these “4 Horsemen” to maintain clean, protected cells that in turn will then produce more ATP energy.

How does more energy from every cell in your body sound? :-)

Detox smart…you will feel empowered DURING. Enjoy!

Cathy Berzins May 8, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Katie, You’ve so got the right idea, sister. Detox done for the entire self – body, mind, and soul is so liberating.

The posts so far are all talking about different forms of antioxidants – fruits, oolong tea and wheat grass. I affirm those choices.

I also will go one step further and suggest getting your fruits from a product called MonaVie. After about 6 weeks of drinking this fruit juice, I dropped a whole pants size even though I was not on a diet. I lost “puffiness” not weight and felt Great. I had so much energy. I believe this puffiness is due to toxins in the lymphatic system.

Since then, my son, who is a Nutritional Science major at Univ of DE, has our family trying out an intermittent under-eating / over-eating program. It has proven to be quite energizing and we all feel we have more clarity of mind and concentration. It allows the body the time for assimilation and elimination of a mini-detox each day, and yet provides enough food so that metabolism is not decreased.

We make MonaVie a part of the under-eating phase because of the high level of antioxidants and enzymes in the Acai and other 18 fruits of this juice. It provides support for detox during the under-eating phase.

If any of your readers would like more information on this style of eating or on the product, email me through theacaistory.com/get19fruits.

Also, Katie, I have enjoyed your various MLM videos and emailed information. The light bulb has just clicked on for me and I am so excited. I now get how MLM’s can be hugely successful for any average person such as myself. I’ve tried my new language on six prospects in the last four days and Every One of them are psyched at the opportunity in MonaVie.

Thank you for your encouragement to others via your presence on the internet. You seem like a very charming person. It would be a pleasure to meet you someday.

Greg L. Richardson May 8, 2009 at 7:49 pm

Way to go!!

In my opinion, few things are so important for a person’s health as being on a plant-based diet and getting rid of animal proteins. I’ve done a number of cleanses, from a 40 day “Master Cleanse” to a 2.5 week cleansing / raw food spa in Koh Samui Thailand.

There are a couple of resources I’d like to recommend with as much vigor as you can stand. The first is “Green for Life”, the second is “The China Study” and the third is “Cleanse & Purify Thyself, Book 1″. They are A M A Z I N G.

I’m currently 100% vegan and do raw some of the time…. One other thing, a technique that many people use to go 100% raw is counter-intuitive…. EAT RAW DESSERTS!! They’re healthy, they have none of the refined sugar you get elsewhere and you get lots of healthy coconut fats as well as the highest anti-oxidant supply on the planet: raw cacao. Many new raw foodies find that a delicious discovery when they realize that their “guilty pleasures” are utterly guilt-free, and, even GOOD for them!!

Best of luck and keep it up after day 14!

Much love and luck to you, yours and all that you do,

– Greg

Dan May 8, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Hello fellow springtime cleanser!

Katie let me start by thanking you for all of your insightful and meaningful content, and all that you bring to the table as a leader in the network marketing industry! First class! Keep it up!

I am also in the begining stages of a springtime cleanse, and all I can say is am I ever overdue! I have cleansed enough over the past couple of years to know when I need to cleanse, and my body just SCREAMIN’ right now!

Sounds like you have been around the block a couple of times when it comes to cleansing, so I will tell you a couple of things I have added into my regime to make it a little more effective.

First, I have incorporated alkaline ionized drinking water into my plan. This has made a huge difference in the quality of my body cleansing. As you know, water is such a vital component to life (and proper cleansing) and once I stopped drinking acidic, dead reverse osmosis water, my cleanse results and overall quality of life skyrocketed through the roof!

Second, I incorportated sea salt into my plan. Organic sea salt has been a fantastic addition to my cleanse program and general life style. To get the low down on how I use the salt in my cleanse program just Google “salt water flush”, and you will find plenty of info. I also take 1/4 teaspoon of organic sea salt with every quart of water I drink. Talk about a quick mid afternoon pick me up!

Katie, cleansing is someting I could go on forever about so I will cut it short now, but if you ever want to talk cleansing with someone feel free to reach me by e-mail.

Katie, keep doing what you are doing and don’t ever stop. Our industry needs more empowered leaders like you, and I like reading your valuable content.

Until we cross paths again, take care and have fun!

Your Fellow Springtime Cleanser,

Dano

Scott Flew May 8, 2009 at 8:06 pm

hey katie,
Try a sea salt detox. Take 2 tablespoons of seasalt(not normal salt, but you should be able to find it at the grocery store(coarse grain)) and mix with 4 cups warm water, stir until dissolved. Its a little hard to stomach but drink it slow(try lemon juice if to smooth it out a bit) and about 2 hours later you should start feeling some lower stomach movement if you know what i mean:P. Hope things are well and talk to you later !

Adi Damari May 8, 2009 at 8:47 pm

THATS GREAT

BUT DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY INVENTED
A “SOFTWARE FOR THE HUMAN BODY”?

FROM TODAY WE CAN IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH WITHOUT

PILLS ,JUICES ,VITAMINS, OR ANY OTHER CHEMICALS

CHECK THIS SITE NOW

AND IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!

PROMISE

ADI

Adi Damari May 8, 2009 at 8:48 pm

YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT HERE

“SOFTWARE FOR THE HUMAN BODY”

DETOX YOUR BODY WITHOUT RUIN THE BODY

Adi Damari May 8, 2009 at 9:01 pm

[kaltura-widget wid="5s1xmav7lk" size="comments" /]

Laurie Turunen May 8, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Hi Katie, raw food is the way to go as the long term benefits are amazing and you don’t just eat rabbit food like so many people might think. Try going to a raw food restaurant and you will be pleased at how satisfying the food is. You can even have decadent desserts, raw ‘pizza’, raw chocholate truffles etc. and detox at the same time! I have some easy and super healty yet tasty green smoothie recipies that contain organic baby spinach with no spinach taste. They are very alkalizing to the body. Berry Hemp Chocolate Smoothies are great made with raw cocao powder, a potent superfood, just experiment

Orange Banana Spinach Shake

In a blender put 1-2 peeled oranges, 1 ripe avacado, 1 banana, at least 1/2tsp stevia and stuff the blender with organic baby spinach. Add water and blend until smooth. Makes a full blender so put the rest in the fridge and drink when hungry. Also you can add a small handful of gogi berries, 3 Tbsp hemp seed, and juice of one lemon, blend well.

Apple Lemon Ginger Smoothie

2 peeled organic apples chopped, medium piece fresh peeled ginger-1-3 inches, juice of 2 lemons, 1/2 tsp stevia or to taste, organic baby spinach-as much as will fit, water and blend well until smooth. Hope you enjoy these healthy recipes. Laurie Turunen.

Adi Damari May 8, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Watch this powerfull clip about the Mother of all anti-oxidants

Leija Turunen May 8, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Hello Katie! Namaste :) It’s fantastic to hear that you’re doing a raw food cleanse for 2 weeks! Yay, I’m so happy for you!

I’ve been a vegetarian for my entire life, vegan for the last few years and raw vegan for the last 4 months, and let me tell you, going raw is one of the best changes that I’ve ever made for myself, for others around me and for the planet! Not only do I now have an abundance of natural, life force energy buzzing through me during all hours of the day (sometimes I only need 3 hours of sleep at night!!!) but I feel so much more empowerment and a much stronger connection with my higher self and with the collective consciousness, which are really the same thing. Everything in my life is beginning to look and feel more magical than it ever has before.. yes, I know, I used to the word magical… but it’s true!

Prior to going raw, I was a very healthy eater.. I mean, compared to the standard american diet, … however, I did drink coffee and enjoyed my baked goods. During the first week of going raw, I did feel slightly sluggish and could feel my body craving those comfort cooked foods, but after about a week of eating raw, I noticed that I didn’t crave any cooked food at all. I think the key to doing a raw cleanse or even maintaining this as a permanent lifestyle is that you need to make sure you’re eating enough of the right kinds of food which I’ll talk about in a moment. ;)

I’m a big eater, I mean, I love to eat. I love all sorts of textures and flavours, but since I learned to find raw alternatives to all of my favourite cooked foods, I’ve never fallen off the wagon. I’m also a busy girl. I love to get creative in the kitchen but I simply don’t have time to slave away all day. I make a lot of raw vegan organic chocolate truffles, coconut cream pies, zucchini pasta with marinara sauce (all raw by the way) that take me literally less than 15 minutes to make. I also juice tons of greens, eat big salads with lots of sprouts, avocado and hemp seed and make a variety of delicious, energizing, filling green smoothies. I think one of the keys is having those replacement foods, eating at least one big salad per day with a far amount of easily digestible, bioavailable protein and green smoothies, eating as many “superfoods” like goji berries, raw cacao, bee pollen, etc as you can… and of course, my rawgasmic chocolate truffles that will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. One of my clients, who’s a big chocolate person said that my truffles were better than any cooked, processed chocolate that she’s ever eaten!

When you eat live, organic food, it’s like all of the life force energy is literally transfered to you, which allows you to literally vibrate at a higher level, attracting people and experiences into your life that resonate at that level! Simply through being myself, through making this change which I’ve intuitively felt for so long was the right choice for me, I’ve attracted so many positive, like-minded and like-hearted people into my life! I’ve also inspired so many people around me to make healthier lifestyle choices. And the interesting thing is, I didn’t have to preach or try to sell people on this lifestyle. When you radiate positive energy, people are magnetically drawn to you and they want to know what your secret is… either that or they’re extremely confused as to why you’re smiling all the time. I get that sometimes- People will come up to me in a cafe for example and ask me why I’m so “smiley”… because I usually have a big grin on my face. I usually respond with something like, “Why wouldn’t I be? Love, joy and peace are all aspects of our natural state. Anger, envy, and fear are all products of the ego and are simply an illusion.” At this point, the person is either extremely intrigued and wants to know more, or is frantically looking for the closest exit sign and preparing their escape from the tall, blonde raw vegan who smiles because … she’s….dun dun dunnnnn….. naturally happy…. OH MY GOD! NOOOOOO!!!!! I might catch the happiness germ from her! Run!!! AHHH!!!!

Anyway Katie, this is getting a bit long and a bit silly. I’m sure you’re not interested in a novella from me at this point. LOL. But I’m more than willing to share my knowledge and my personal recipes with you if you’re interested. There’s one particular green smoothie I make that is extreeeeemely alkalizing and does an amazing job cleansing the body. I can email it to you if you’d like. :)

Love and peace,

Leija

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Hey Therese, great to hear you’re going veggie! I’ve been vegetarian for about a year and a half (with some fish here and there). It’s amazing! We’ll see how this cleanse goes, but if I like how I feel, I might keep up the whole raw vegan thing! :) Keep me updated girl!

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:35 pm

Ansub, hahaha… Get my teeth whitened and a haircut? Interesting advice… I do not smoke and I already do yoga and meditate, so it looks like I’m doing pretty good :) Thanks for the info!

Brian Esbaugh May 8, 2009 at 9:35 pm

Well Katie, I think you’re off to a great start, eating raw foods. These foods contain alot of active enzymes that are normally destroyed during the cooking process.
Some people participate in more of a colonic cleanse ( you know, running to the washroom more than normally),while others participate in a “softer” type of full body cleanse.
I think that both can be very beneficial, however some people have a fairly difficult time with the more intensive cleanse I mentioned first.
I tend to lean a little more toward the gentler full body cleanse and I have found it to be very effective and yet easy to implement. Perhaps I’m a little biased because the incredible cleanse product I personally use is found within the company that I am currently involved with, however I am just offering my honest advise.
I’d also like to recommend two other things that I find very effective. First, make sure you are getting enough Omega 3′s in your diet, not only during a cleanse but at all times, and secondly, have you tried juicing!?! If you decide that juicing is a good idea ( and I have had AMAZING results juicing….you ingest veggies and fruits that are fantastic for you that you would never eat on their own), make sure you buy a quality juicer that you won’t have to replace in 3-4 months.
Anyway, I hope you find these suggestions helful Katie, and best of luck in your cleansing endeavour.

Brian Esbaugh

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Hey Rachel, I do have a Vitamix! Check out my post about it: http://katiefreiling.com/my-favorite-recipe-for-green-breakfast-smoothies/
Thanks for your recipes, I’ll definitely try them! You rock sista! :)

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Hi Eric, yes I do yoga and I meditate daily. Cardio exercise is not my favorite thing in the world, but I’m starting to incorporate it into my routine and hopefully it’ll grow on me! :) I also drink water like a fish! LOL… Thanks so much for your input! I appreciate it!

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Hey Marilyn, that sounds very interesting. Do you have a link I can check out?

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:42 pm

Wow, Steven thanks so much for all that info! I really appreciate it :)

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Hey Greg, great to hear from you… And I totally agree, raw desserts are super delicious! :)

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Laurie, thanks so much for sharing your recipes! I truly appreciate it and I can’t wait to try them!

Katie Freiling May 8, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Leija, thank you so much for sharing your story… And I’m definitely interested in hearing more about what you do! What’s your twitter? Let’s connect there :)
Love and Light,
Katie

Laurie Turunen May 8, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Hi Katie, Try a raw food restaurant this week and be pleasantly surprized that raw food is so much more than rabbit food. Here are some green smoothie recipes that are super healthy, alkalizing, tastey and don’t taste like spinach.
Orange Banana Spinach Smoothie- 2 peeled oranges, banana, avacado, 1/2tsp stevia or to taste, organic baby spinach stuffed to top of blender, water. Blend well, keep in fridge and drink it throughout the day.
Apple Ginger Lemom Smoothie- 2 organic peeled apples, juice of 2 lemons, 1-3″ peeled ginger, baby spinach stuffed to top of blender, 1/2 tsp or more stevia, water. (Experiment with adding a small handful of gogi berries and hemp seeds for super nutrition in your smoothies.)
Enjoy, Laurie Turunen.

Matthew Hillis May 8, 2009 at 10:23 pm

After you complete your detox I would recommend drinking a shake called shakeology. I have been using it for the past 2 months and my energy up is all threw the day with the highs and lows of using caffeine or sugars. It comes in two flavors Chocolate and Greenberry. The Chocolate is by far my favorite. I put one scoop of shakeology, 1tbps Natural Peanut Butter, 1cup of skim milk. It is so tasty and it will help you keep the benefits of the detox. You can go to http://www.shakeology.com for all the detailed info.

Sean Smith May 8, 2009 at 11:56 pm

Hi Katie — Great topic. Enjoy the cleanse and the renewal it brings.
Please don’t discount the importance of water — preferably ionized,
alkaline,anti-oxidant water– as an aid to detox, flushing of toxins
as a catalyst to enzymatic function and so much more (we are 70%
water after all). I will be in San Diego on Tuesday (if around) and
happy to give some to aid your quest. Great info here:
All the best!

Tristan May 9, 2009 at 2:19 am

Hey Katie :-)

I just did the ‘Madal Bal Lemon Detox’ for seven days..the third day is tough but it gets better and better..there are a few vids on YouTube by people who have done the Master Cleanse (which is very similar to The lemon Detox)…a designer guy from New York (check him out I know you’ll like his vibe) … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkArIlUuJPg well, he documented all 32 days of his cleanse very interesting! I am thinking that it may be advantageous to incorporate the Senna Tea and sea salt flush into your cleanse…radical results!!! Keep in touch as I’d love to hear how it goes for you. Wishing you conviction, peace and not too many tummy rumbles girl ;-) xx Tristan

fathi ridwan basalamah May 9, 2009 at 3:45 am

As a moslem i have Islamic way of detox: fasting, disregards of beliefs anybody can try and do it and it is claimed by research from the west and east to be the best way of fasting for detoxification and purification of mind and body if done right and properly, and not easy……..compared with others system of detoxifications.

Leija Turunen May 9, 2009 at 4:28 am

I don’t use twitter yet, which might sound crazy since it’s apparently becoming the best social networking site out there… so I’ll definitely join and add you… or follow you. haha I’ll figure it out. ;)

Michael Cloke May 9, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Hey Kaite -

Great disscusion going on here: I have never heard of Raw Food Cleansing although you make a convincing case to try it. I have a regular diet of fresh fruit, veg and salads and always drink white tea.

My latest is TWININGS Cleanse – Nettle & Peppermint. Peppermint aids digestion and nettle is well know for it’s cleansing properties. It is a perfect, clean and refreshing drink :)

I would like to talk about Chi Kung for Health & Vitality, specificaly, Dan Tian breathing and bone marrow cleansing. This is done by visualising and channeling your chi energy deep inside your bones. Chi Kung is a great way to detox.

Michael Cloke May 9, 2009 at 3:22 pm

P.S

I strongly recommend an elliptical cross trainer to improve you’re cardio vascular and over all workout :) 20-30 minutes intensive sessions.

Information here:

If not, jogging/sprinting, cycling, fast walking, swimming and rowing are all great ways to get you’re heart pumping…

Good luck and many thanks!

Nathan Fenn May 10, 2009 at 4:09 am

I was actually a vegeterian for a long time. I was also working out a lot to be a body builder. You can find all your body needs in different places with a little research. The toughest part in starting something new is just plain starting. You sound like you are off to a good start. Keep it up. I used to put tofu in my all fruit smoothies. You can’t even taste it that way.

Rafael Friedan May 10, 2009 at 5:41 pm

I’ve been raw vegan for almost two months now. Huge shifts in my physical, mental, and emotional states. It really is amazing. Piece of advice – many people when they go raw eat too many nuts and seeds because they’re filling. But they’re hard to digest (nuts take approx. six hours, whereas fruit takes like half an hour). I met a guy who blew out his kidney from eating too many nuts when he went raw. Keep drinking those green smoothies and otherwise eat mostly fruit (anything with seeds inside, so cucumber, avocado, etc. included) and you’ll detox like crazy. For pulling out heavy metals, cilantro is good and if you want to get really serious, zeolites.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy raw journey,
Raw Raf